LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

The name explains the question

I am wondering if there are any games for the Wii that resemble or do anything like what World of Warcraft do? I like role playing games with the swordplay and scorcery. I was just hoping someone could point me in a direction to start.

I appreciate it. I grew tired of constantly having to upgrade my PC to play games, not to mention, all of the cheating that goes on.

Thanks for the help.

SSBB 0688-4932-4039 BAM- bamblakopz's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    5768-6741-0422-9558
    well some final fantsasy games are coming so that is kinda like wow... (Wii-ware, u need to be hooked up online...)

VideoGameCountdown (Youtube)

!QUOTE OF THE DAY!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Final Fantasy is like WoW? Lol, No disrespect to you or FF, but its NOTHING like WoW.

In all seriousness, Wii isnt the console if you are looking for those type of games. Atleast not yet... The RPG style games right now are more on Xbox 360. PS3 has a some, but less than Xbox. Wii has Zelda, but thats an adventure game, it lags true Role Playing like WoW.

Xbox 360 has a few, the current biggest one is Oblivion which is also on PS3, you can buy the original Xbox game Fable which IMO is a great RPG game. Fable 2 is coming soon for 360. Also Too Human which is a cross between Devil May Cry and Diablo.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    Thanks for the replies. is there anything upcoming for the Wii that is more aimed at role playing?

I just bought the Wii and an Xbox is not in the budget. We are a one console family.

Member #
    Friends
    1026-7977-4441-8732
    i say get zelda. metroid prime or mario galaxy. there r rpg games but hard 2 find sometimes becauz wii is a family system. but there r games (like that i have said above) that r kindof n rpg game. also u might wanna get super smash bros brawl. even if its not an rpg game, it comes out feb.10. have fun wit ur wii. for more info on wat i said click on the green mushroom by where it says online then click ok.

SSBB 0688-4932-4039 BAM- bamblakopz's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    5768-6741-0422-9558
    I kno wow is very different from ff but ff is an rpg... They are both rpgs

VideoGameCountdown (Youtube)

!QUOTE OF THE DAY!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    FF is known as the RPG genre, but IMO its not. Maybe to japanese players it is. But IMO FF is an adventure game not RPG. Adventure because its 1 way it can really start/end. RPG's tend to have difference classes that you choose, difference race, gender, etc. Also true RPGs have variety in equipment, for example, leather, chainmail, plate, swords, bows, axes, hammers, etc. etc. Then some RPGs go more in depth with rare items, magical and unique items. Basically an RPG can be replayed over and over with a different overall experience. For example, I just played Fable through as a Evil fighting character that has dark armor and horns with red eyes etc. Im about to play it again as a magic user who is good with all bright armor so everyone can admire me and crap :P
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiignorant
    Thanks for the replies. is there anything upcoming for the Wii that is more aimed at role playing?

I just bought the Wii and an Xbox is not in the budget. We are a one console family.
    The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (the most epic and longest adventure game for the Wii) It is like an RPG game in someways. Very good

Member #
    Friends
    2851-8843-3639-7232
    i think zelda is your best bet, its got sourcory and swordplay... lots of swordplay actualy, and what i mean by sourcory is like all the potions u can drink to give ur self health, lolz.
    My Wii Number: 2851 - 8843 - 3639 - 7232
    My Wii User Name: ASF Delta

Spoiler Alert!

I <3 ice hockey

Member #
    Friends
    Thanks everyone, Zelda it will be. Man I played the original one for months and months.

Ads