LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by CantGetAWii
    I personally don't feel the Wii has a shallow software lineup for 2008. It may end up being one of the stronger years in terms of good games for its whole life cycle.

Source:
    http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=157228

I wish these people would complain to the ones MAKING the games, cuz it's only THEM that's gonna make the wii game line up any deeper. Nintendo can't, and shouldn't have to do it alone. As it stand right now, they really don't give a **** and we are experiencing the results!

Quote Originally Posted by AoWFraggit
    it looks like the vast majority of praisable wii titles will be coming from nintendo. if more third-party developers would put forth more effort into producing wii titles, we might get some more "depth" in our game selection.

Exactly!
    Last edited by romj; 01-18-2008 at 03:52 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    Problem is 3rd party games tend to not sell at all on the Wii. Like I think EA said that 50% of their 3rd party sales came from 360. While publishers dont want to publish 3rd party games for Wii unless its something cheap like a mini-game bundle because they're afraid it wont sell.

Sadness is having trouble getting a publisher because of this.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    Problem is 3rd party games tend to not sell at all on the Wii. Like I think EA said that 50% of their 3rd party sales came from 360. While publishers dont want to publish 3rd party games for Wii unless its something cheap like a mini-game bundle because they're afraid it wont sell.

Interesting point you make there. What do you think may solve the problem?

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979

Well most of the EA games on Wii do alright, many like the motion controls in Madden 08 etc. I think its more of people not wanting to play the sports games in general, each year can be the same for the most part some may feel, so they focus their attention and money elsewhere.

As for Sadness this is the latest news:
    Nibris is now in talks with Digital Amigos to publish the game.
    Personally, I feel this game will be developed. I don't see why it won't, compared to most games we get on the Wii. It will most likely come out in 2009, I guess thats a safe bet.

Here's some of the story for Sadness:
    Set in pre-WWI Eastern Europe, Sadness follows the story of Maria, a woman who has to protect her narcoleptic son Alexander after their train derails in the countryside. Their subsequent adventures are based on Slavic legends, and become even more bizarre as Alexander begins acting oddly.
    As for third party developers I will say what I have several times. Middle of 2007 there was an article about developers misjudging the Wii, and making several rushed mini-games for quick cash. However, they later saw the potential with the Wii, mainly with the controls and have promised better efforts. This better efforts will most likely come out near the end of 2008 as they take some time to develop of course.

What needs to be done first is have Nintendo shift their focus on the casual gamer to the hardcore, or at least turn it down a notch. This will attract more people who avoided the Wii or sold their consoles to come back and buy one. That will only happen if good games come out though, and if Nintendo turns the casual down a bit, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. So what we need to do is play the third party games we do get, as most of them are looking pretty good.

Overall though, I feel the lineup for the Wii for 2008 to be very good. Many games are coming out that I see myself playing.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by CantGetAWii
    Well most of the EA games on Wii do alright, many like the motion controls in Madden 08 etc. I think its more of people not wanting to play the sports games in general, each year can be the same for the most part some may feel, so they focus their attention and money elsewhere.

As for Sadness this is the latest news:

Personally, I feel this game will be developed. I don't see why it won't, compared to most games we get on the Wii. It will most likely come out in 2009, I guess thats a safe bet.

Here's some of the story for Sadness:

As for third party developers I will say what I have several times. Middle of 2007 there was an article about developers misjudging the Wii, and making several rushed mini-games for quick cash. However, they later saw the potential with the Wii, mainly with the controls and have promised better efforts. This better efforts will most likely come out near the end of 2008 as they take some time to develop of course.

What needs to be done first is have Nintendo shift their focus on the casual gamer to the hardcore, or at least turn it down a notch. This will attract more people who avoided the Wii or sold their consoles to come back and buy one. That will only happen if good games come out though, and if Nintendo turns the casual down a bit, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. So what we need to do is play the third party games we do get, as most of them are looking pretty good.

Overall though, I feel the lineup for the Wii for 2008 to be very good. Many games are coming out that I see myself playing.
    Are you speaking of the same "hardcore" that left Nintendo during the N64 and Gamecube eras?

This whole situation sound like a Paradox. Nintendo turned to the "casual" market cuz it was losing the "hardcore" fast. It was a sinking ship, and now that they have that market, the "hardcore" are mad at it and it is being vilified all across the indudtry for not catering to the same market that turned on it in the first place!
    Last edited by romj; 01-18-2008 at 06:45 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    5435-9829-5121-8955
    Wii has a pretty solid line-up and now no one can accuse me of being biased

Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Well, high web-traffic doesn't exactly give definite predictions for console and game sales, that and I'm sure a lot of people don't exactly want to buy PS3 for a few games since it's high price tag is slightly intimidating.

Good article but I think Nintendo will still find a way to pull out on top, I think this will be Xbox 360's year to fail while PS3 may jump ahead into second. I just see Nintendo's titles as a larger success due to their popularity in the 90's (ie. Mario Kart, SmashBros, etc).
    With much love, 261311.

Quote Originally Posted by JT.
    Maybe it's implying yoshi is an animal, and not just a mutated green prostitute mario likes to ride
    -=Join the Waluigi Fan Club=-

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by romj
    Interesting point you make there. What do you think may solve the problem?
    Nintendo needs to help advertise 3rd party games for sure. Some people blame 3rd party devs, I personally blame Nintendo. Not all publishers can advertise their own games. So far I only really see EA and Ubisoft advertise their own games. But those are big companies with alot of money.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    Nintendo needs to help advertise 3rd party games for sure. Some people blame 3rd party devs, I personally blame Nintendo. Not all publishers can advertise their own games. So far I only really see EA and Ubisoft advertise their own games. But those are big companies with alot of money.
    Yes, I'll agree. I never see non-Nintendo ads, and if I do the game isn't exclusive. They need to help developers publish their works. It would help the Wii gain market share as well.
    With much love, 261311.

Quote Originally Posted by JT.
    Maybe it's implying yoshi is an animal, and not just a mutated green prostitute mario likes to ride
    -=Join the Waluigi Fan Club=-

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    4253-4708-4555-0363
    Yeah, but Nintendo isn't going to come to the smaller 3rd Party producers and tell them they are going to advertise their game, the 3rd Party producers need to go to Nintendo (which is what they are not doing). It's not Nintendo to blame.
    2008 Jaguar XKR Portfolio

WiiChat Auto Enthusiast

Forum Moderator - [PM]

Ads