LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0826-3639-6872-6792
    The only reason wii isnt selling as much as other consoles is it lacks in all its features. i own a wii and my friend owns a 360 and games for wii wont have the same modes as a 360.

example: NBA live 08 only has season mode while for 360 has dynesty, season, FIBA, and more.

For WWE: smackdown vs raw 2008 it only has 5 mach types.
    but for the 360 it has 5 mach types PLUS another 10 styles in one type (example:a single mach will have another 10 styles in it like ladder mach, cage mach, money in the back mach, Ect.). while wii doesnt have any of those features. if wii wants to grow they have to have the same (if not more) features as the 360 and PS3. also for wii there is only a Main Event mode and Tournament mode. 360 and PS3 have 24/7 mode, GM mode, Main event, Tournament, and alot more Extra features.

Also online is a big factor. Online is is a thing ppl look for in games...if wii would make more shooting olnine games they should be the biggest console in 2008-2009
    Last edited by acershot; 01-19-2008 at 03:05 PM.
    brawl fc:
    4425-1174-1082

i will NEVER hesitate to use my final smash online just because your a noob!

Q:why are you so good at ssbb acershot, do u pratice alot?

A:"i dont pratice to be good i was just born this way"

PM me if u add me plz

I WANNA SEE WHAT YOU GOT ONLINE. plz pm me if your looking for a match[/COLOR]

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    No, I doubt that. I already know that modes are missing and online is a factor. But, thats only a small factor in sales. Most people who buy games out their do not read reviews so they dont actually know that its missing modes. They just buy the games. Think about how it was before the Internet was invented. There was only Magazines which not many people would actually buy. How did companies sell? With Ads, so if you cannot market the product appropriately you will not sell.

A perfect example is Red Steel. It has a 63/100 at metacritic. Basically the game sucked. Some people liked it but most people hated it. But it sells a Million copies! Zack & Wiki gets a 87/100. Thats 24 points higher on average. I dont think Zack & Wiki even sold 500,000 copies. I forgot the number but its really low. Mario Party 8! 62/100... Sells 2.89 copies... Why? Because Nintendo advertised Red Steel and Mario Party 8. So yes... Shitty games do sell if you actually have marketing skills.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    4253-4708-4555-0363
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    A perfect example is Red Steel. It has a 63/100 at metacritic. Basically the game sucked. Some people liked it but most people hated it. But it sells a Million copies! Zack & Wiki gets a 87/100. Thats 24 points higher on average. I dont think Zack & Wiki even sold 500,000 copies. I forgot the number but its really low. Mario Party 8! 62/100... Sells 2.89 copies... Why? Because Nintendo advertised Red Steel and Mario Party 8. So yes... Shitty games do sell if you actually have marketing skills.
    I'll give you Red Steel, but I think another major factor that made people buy Mario Party 8 is the fact that it's a huge franchise and most people have heard about it.

The average consumer for products like Mario Party 8 and Zack & Wiki do not look at scores and/or ratings.
    2008 Jaguar XKR Portfolio

WiiChat Auto Enthusiast

Forum Moderator - [PM]

Member #
    Friends
    True, which makes everything I said true. The average Wii consumer is a casual gamer, so they dont look at scores and ratings. Only thing they see is the box art, w/e screen shots are on the back and ads.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by sremick
    Mario Kart is going to be awesome. I just know. But you know what else I'm excited about? GHOSTBUSTERS! Serious, who can't get excited about that?
    I can't wait, but I'm not sure I'll want it for the wii unless the wiimote functions as a proton gun for point/click busting.

Either way, should be a great game.

"I am the rocks of the eternal shore. Crash against me and be broken!"

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by acershot
    The only reason wii isnt selling as much as other consoles is it lacks in all its features.
    Actually, one of the biggest reasons the Wii isn't selling more is Nintendo can't make enough of them to keep up with demand. It's been out HOW long now, and stores still can't keep stock for more than a few hours/minutes?

The Wii might not have the graphics and features and power of other consoles, but that's not the primary issue holding back its sales.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Ads