LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3099-0319-5478-2979

Rumor: Factor 5 Developing New Kid Icarus Wii Game?

Nintendo and ex-Nintendo developer Factor 5 might have temporarily broken up, giving the developer just enough time to develop and release its dragon-themed shooter exclusively on Sony's PlayStation 3, but last week, news hit the Internet that the two companies are once again working together. According to reports last week, Factor 5 is developing an exclusive game for Nintendo's latest home console, Wii.

Kombo has learned from a credible source that said Wii game is in fact a new installment in Nintendo's cherished Kid Icarus franchise. According to sources, Factor 5's Kid Icarus title is being developed ground-up for Wii. It will not use one of the developer's previous GameCube graphics engines. Unfortunately, at this time, no other details have been provided to us for publish.

It has been over twenty years since the gaming world was first introduced to Kid Icarus, with the original releasing in 1986 for NES. The 2D sidescroller is uniquely its own, but its design enjoys recognizable influences from three of Nintendo's biggest franchises: Mario, Metroid and Zelda.

Kombo has fired off e-mails to Nintendo and Factor 5 for comment on this rumor. Until we have more to report, please consider this story just that: a rumor.
    Source

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    8853-1952-9704-6115
    Well, that'd be pretty awesome. I'd still have to see reviews before picking up though. I never played the original.

Thanks Star Striker for the sig.

Support the Third Parties!
    Buy Zack and Wiki
    and
    No More Heroes

Member #
    Friends
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    hmm i'd really like a kid icarus

i hope it would be like legend of zelda and god of war mixed together, that would be sweet

the mario that's roomed with mush
    my wii is not connected to the internet, so i can't play brawl online for a bit....please do not spam inbox with friend code requests

Ads