Thread: Blockbuster

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Prez
    Smartest thing to do would be ask them.
    You are a genius!

Quote Originally Posted by torontowii
    shouldn't it count as a used game though seeing how many people have used it before
    and what about buying accessories,do i need a blockbuster card for that
    They do offer used games. It is your choice, but I would suggest you do not buy products from Blockbuster. Why you ask? Well they are a company based on renting... they mark up the price tag to pull in more $money$ from all other products. Look at the price of all the impulse buying items near the register. That single pack of popcorn they sell for what $3(guessing), at your local grocery store that same single popcorn will be the same price for at least a box of 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoko
    and the game's usually cost $54.00
    I am not sure if the above^^ price is exact, if so that is probably not including tax. Blockbuster will sell new games for $5+ over the normal price you would pay for same game from Gamestop/EB, or stores like Walmart/Target/Kmart.

the site says nothing about directly buying anything
    It may not give you the exact info your looking for, but... there is a great tool they do let you use on that site. The Store Locator is your friend. Use it to find the nearest Blockbuster to you. When you find it, write the phone number down. Then proceed to ask your silly questions to the Blockbuster employee. Ask for the Manager if you must to get the Official Information.

To me the OP seems young, nothing wrong with that. Might have some trouble getting a membership card, parents may need to do that for ya. If this is the case you probably would need to wait for a ride to get to Blockbuster. An then hope they have the game you want to rent/buy in stock.

There is an easier(can be) way. Gamefly offers you to rent games with no additional/late fees through the mail. Can keep I think up to 2 games out for as long as ya want, and even que yet to be released games to try them out asap after they are released. One catch though, you will need some form of paying an online bill. Parents come in hand there.

M'bating to Z Suit Samus Atomheart's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    I don't get this thread. Why would you buy ANYTHING from Blockbuster? Do you not have stores in your town? Not even a Wal-Mart?

I suppose I could see buying a used game from them if it's really cheap; however, you can probably do just as well at Gamestop or eBay.

And why in the heck would you want to buy accessories from them? They're not going to be any cheaper than any store but rather probably more expensive. But even if they were the same price at Blockbuster, why buy there?

Moral of the story: Buy your games from real stores and rent your games elsewhere. Anyone that does business with Blockbuster is a sucker. They are an insane rip-off.

Member #
    Friends
    i found out at blockbuster i can trade in 4 used games and i can get a free game worth up to 70bucks so im gonna try that

M'bating to Z Suit Samus Atomheart's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    i found out at blockbuster i can trade in 4 used games and i can get a free game worth up to 70bucks so im gonna try that
    Wow. That's a supreme rip off, unless you're trading in four really terrible, really cheap budget games.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomheart
    I don't get this thread. Why would you buy ANYTHING from Blockbuster? Do you not have stores in your town? Not even a Wal-Mart?

I suppose I could see buying a used game from them if it's really cheap; however, you can probably do just as well at Gamestop or eBay.

And why in the heck would you want to buy accessories from them? They're not going to be any cheaper than any store but rather probably more expensive. But even if they were the same price at Blockbuster, why buy there?

Moral of the story: Buy your games from real stores and rent your games elsewhere. Anyone that does business with Blockbuster is a sucker. They are an insane rip-off.
    I used to buy a lot of used Gamecube games from Blockbuster. Sometimes Gamestop was cheaper and sometimes Blockbuster was cheaper. You never know until you look. I don't go the eBay route that often because I can't look at the physical medium before I purchase it. I've rented a couple of times from Blockbuster but the rental store nearer to my house is cheaper. I would think the bigger sucker would be the person who lets a few preconceived notions get in the way of finding the best deal. Blockbuster is usually a rip-off but not always.

And on an unrelated note, the reason you have to pay what a new game would cost when buying a "lost" rental is that the rental company is charging you the replacement cost of the item. Sure it's used now but when they replace it, they're going to be getting a new copy for the replacement.

Member #
    Friends
    do you NEED a blockbuster card to rent a game?
    And people say no question is a dumb question...
    Cards hold your personal info so that they may contact you in case you lose/ owe late-fees and so that they have an address to send the police to once you don't return it.

You don't need a card to buy products though, personally, I wouldn't dare buying from Blockbuster because their discs are in such bad condition half the time from lying around at 10, 000 different homes.
    With much love, 261311.

Quote Originally Posted by JT.
    Maybe it's implying yoshi is an animal, and not just a mutated green prostitute mario likes to ride
    -=Join the Waluigi Fan Club=-

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomheart
    Wow. That's a supreme rip off, unless you're trading in four really terrible, really cheap budget games.
    each game has to be worth 15 bucks for it to be a fair.The highest price i think im trading in is a game worth probably 30 bucks,the rest are 15 or under,one of them is like 5

Member #
    Friends
    Heres what i found out:
    I can return any 8 games(i called and asked and they said any games)
    and the total(from ebgames for used games) came up to a total of $94 bucks.
    I'm getting zelda already which is 60 bucks but i dont know which to decide between:
    get madden 2008-55 bucks and buy super mario galaxy for 50 bucks

OR

get super mario galaxy-50 bucks and try my luck at getting madden 2007-around 30 bucks

Remove Ads

Ads