LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I did not buy Zack and Wiki and I'm glad I didn't. I love the game but it's missing something that most good point and click adventure games have: length. I'm on day 4 of a 7 day rental and I'm not too far away from beating the game. Why pay $40-$50 for it when I can just pay $7 and enjoy it just as much. The same could be said of Trauma Center: Second Opinion yet Trauma Center managed to sell enough copies to warrant a sequel.

If Capcom wants me to buy a copy of Zack and Wiki, then they can provide enough gameplay that I won't come out ahead renting. Nintendo's first party titles tend to be long enough that it will take me multiple weeks to beat the game. There's no way I could've beaten Metroid Prime in one week. I would've easily spent more renting it than I would just buying it.

"that Wii Remote with 10 mini games is worth absolutely nothing compared to the incredible gameplay of Super Mario Galaxy, or the hardcore adventure of Zelda."

Maybe to you, but as far as I'm concerned, the whole family being able to play Wii Sports because we have enough controllers for everyone is worth far more than me playing Mario Galaxy by myself.

I'm a consumer. I buy what I want at a price I'm happy with. Right now, the used game market and the rental market are the only ones catering to me. I'm not going to feel guilty about that and if my contribution isn't enough to keep those third party developers afloat, then it sucks for them.

Member #
    Friends
    8480-0209-2306-3955
    nicely said hal!

Currently Playing:
    The Conduit
    Call of Duty: World at War

Member #
    Friends
    Between everyone in my family I own 33 Wii games and I own most of the games listed. Most of the titles we have are excellent except for some of the kids titles my boys wanted and other few rare exceptions; but honestly I do approach most third party games with caution since the majority of them do end up with low reviews due to poor quality or rushed development.

I think most wii games sell poorly is due to the uncetainty of quality in the games so far. It seems the majority of the games released on wii are either shovelware, receive very low review scores, or your better buying it on another console cheaper or at least with more features. Other reasons include games only appealing to certain markets such as Mysims or EAplayground. Then there is the fact that the wii has had so many soul crushingly awful games released in such a short timespan that I think it makes must consumers reluctant to buy more games unless they are first party developed which has a more guaranteed track record.
    Last edited by Haywire; 01-22-2008 at 09:26 AM.
    Mii since 8 February 2007

31 Games Owned:
    Too many to type up anymore.

Member #
    Friends
    Game sales are a reflection of the consoles market. I don't think anyone should be surprised by numbers like these anymore.

Member #
    Friends
    sticky this!

Member #
    Friends
    What is so hard to understand for you all that the wii is being purchased for the novelty of it, and not hardcore games??? Do you people not comprehend the fact that 90% of the Wii's install base is the casual gamer, hooked on the system for the motion control. People who game hardcore already own a 360/PS3, and as the poster a few above me mentioned- will only buy a wii game that appeals to something different and unique from what they can get on 360/ps3.

Why buy MOH Heroes 2 when you have Halo 3 and COD4??? Why buy Zak and Wiki when you have Mass Effect and Assasins Creed? Same goes for No More Heroes (that game will not sell).

The hardcore bought the Wii for Mario, Zelda, Metroid, and minigames--please try and process that...maybe it will FINALLY sink in. Then we won't have to see anymore threads like this!

Confiscation of the Mind iOwnage's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8957-2822-1883-9918
    Quote Originally Posted by Budo
    Game sales are a reflection of the consoles market. I don't think anyone should be surprised by numbers like these anymore.
    Thats exactly what I was trying to say.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble14
    What is so hard to understand for you all that the wii is being purchased for the novelty of it, and not hardcore games??? Do you people not comprehend the fact that 90% of the Wii's install base is the casual gamer, hooked on the system for the motion control. People who game hardcore already own a 360/PS3, and as the poster a few above me mentioned- will only buy a wii game that appeals to something different and unique from what they can get on 360/ps3.

Why buy MOH Heroes 2 when you have Halo 3 and COD4??? Why buy Zak and Wiki when you have Mass Effect and Assasins Creed? Same goes for No More Heroes (that game will not sell).

The hardcore bought the Wii for Mario, Zelda, Metroid, and minigames--please try and process that...maybe it will FINALLY sink in. Then we won't have to see anymore threads like this!
    **Applauds**

This is so true. To tell you the truth I dont want 3rd party games that are on 360/PS3 on the Wii. Because aside from motion controls the Wii version offers nothing special while PS3/360 has alot more features, also better graphics isn't everything but it sure is a plus.

I want 3rd party games that are only on the Wii (No More Hereos) and are unique enough to set itself apart from 360/PS3. I bought the Wii for 1st party games, not 3rd party because they tend to suck or I can just buy it on the 360/PS3. Sadly No More Heroes isn't my type of game enough to spend my money on it over games like GTA4, DMC4, Too Human, CoD4, Halo 3, etc. Thats why I like 1st party games, they usually set themselves apart from other consoles. For example I can't wait for Mario Kart Wii because their are no other games like this and its the only racing franchise I like.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    I dont buy many games but I purchased 3 third party titles to support em: Madden 08, Zack and Wicki, and Resident Evil 4.

Ads