LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomheart
    So you guys are just going to ignore the only review site that really matters--IGN?

The problem is that you guys have invested so much hype into this game that you can't be realistic in your assessment of this game. The reality is that it is NO WHERE near as good as you guys WANT it to be. Read IGN's review (both the review and the second opinion) if you need more evidence.
    WRONG - WRONG - AND WRONG!!

A GENERAL consensus is what makes the game good OVERALL. If you got 100 gaming sites reviewing a game in the 9s and you got ONE review it in the 7s, we should all think the game is overall a 7?? NONSENSE!!

Member #
    Friends
    4482-2919-0549-8845

I can guarantee that Gamespot (the only other site worth anything) will confirm IGN's low score with an even lower score.
    Spoke a bit too soon on that one!

And it is more logical to ignore one review site then to ignore all but one review site.

Reviews are just opinions anyways...
    You want to sit down but you sold your chair.
    So you just stand there.

Xbox Live Gamertag: RizGiz

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    So you guys are just going to ignore the only review site that really matters--IGN?

The problem is that you guys have invested so much hype into this game that you can't be realistic in your assessment of this game. The reality is that it is NO WHERE near as good as you guys WANT it to be. Read IGN's review (both the review and the second opinion) if you need more evidence.
    Gamespot gave it a 9.0.

And had this to say about the good and bad.

The Good
    * Joyous, stylized action that's as awesome to perform as it is to watch
    * Terrific use of motion controls
    * High-concept story and bizarre characters deliver plenty of drama and mature humor
    * Lots of small details and gameplay detours to keep you engaged.

The Bad

* Frame rate gets erratic
    * Side missions are too short.

So one bad review by IGN..the "only" review site that matters can be overlooked. 9.0, 8.2, 9.4, 8.9 etc. whatever the numbers, 7.8 was the lowest.
    Still averages out nicely.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

M'bating to Z Suit Samus Atomheart's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaderhack
    WRONG - WRONG - AND WRONG!!

A GENERAL consensus is what makes the game good OVERALL. If you got 100 gaming sites reviewing a game in the 9s and you got ONE review it in the 7s, we should all think the game is overall a 7?? NONSENSE!!
    No, no, and no. You have to consider the quality of the reviewers, right? The rest of those on Gamerankings are jokes.

So, lets say Roger Ebert gives a movie 1 star, but 5 reviewers in 5 crappy backwater, local newspapers give it 5 stars?

Is it a 5 star movie or is it more likely a 1 star movie?

Member #
    Friends
    4482-2919-0549-8845

So, lets say Roger Ebert gives a movie 1 star, but 5 reviewers in 5 crappy backwater, local newspapers give it 5 stars?

Roger Ebert is an old hag. I doubt he has the same tastes in movies as me.

Reviews are OPINIONS. Different people like different things, which is why you shouldn't limit yourself to only one reviewer.
    You want to sit down but you sold your chair.
    So you just stand there.

Xbox Live Gamertag: RizGiz

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by CantGetAWii
    Gamespot gave it a 9.0.

And had this to say about the good and bad.

The Good
    * Joyous, stylized action that's as awesome to perform as it is to watch
    * Terrific use of motion controls
    * High-concept story and bizarre characters deliver plenty of drama and mature humor
    * Lots of small details and gameplay detours to keep you engaged.

The Bad

* Frame rate gets erratic
    * Side missions are too short.

So one bad review by IGN..the "only" review site that matters can be overlooked. 9.0, 8.2, 9.4, 8.9 etc. whatever the numbers, 7.8 was the lowest.
    Still averages out nicely.

Hmmm...that's interesting. They must be advertising the game right now, (wasn't someone just fired from there for giving an advertised game a low score?). Or is that just they cynic in me?

Regardless, I expect many of you to totally disregard the Gamespot review like you you've been saying you would up until now. Or do you only accept high scores from them and ignore their low scores?

Member #
    Friends
    No, no, and no. You have to consider the quality of the reviewers, right? The rest of those on Gamerankings are jokes.

Your rationale is all muffed up. What makes Gamespot, IGN, or any other big name review site have more "quality"? It's still just a "person" giving his/her opinion on a game..

Look, stop making yourself look foolish and just get off the NMH-haters club. If you don't want the game to succeed, well.. you failed..

2062-8990-6509 GET READY! CyanRussel's Avatar
    Member #
    In my SSBB kingdom waiting for a challenge
    Friends
    3760-9059-7725-6846

I can guarantee that Gamespot (the only other site worth anything) will confirm IGN's low score with an even lower score.

But you guys sure are free to choose your own reality by adhering to the overly-optimistic scores on the crappy review sites.

PS: Since when did you guys trust Gamepro? Just when they give the scores you want? Let's review their history:

MP3 - 4.25 (LOWER than No More Heroes...really?)

Mario Strikers - 5! (Higher than MP3 and RE4)

Mario Party 8 - 4.5 (Higher than MP3)

Trauma Center: Second Opinion - 4.5 (Higher than MP3)

Boogie - 4 (LOFL!)

Still trust them? The rest of the review sites on Gamerankings are complete jokes.
    To be honest.....all those people making the scores all have their opinions....it doesnt change the fact that when we play it...it wont be any different...

As a matter of fact...i thought Sonic Riders was a great game when you really play it...the "GC version"....but Ign gave it a 5.5 and lord knows what the other reviewers on different websites gave it...

We're not trusting any website....WELL IM NOT....i know i can speak on my own behalf....but everyone has their opinion......if all of the reviewers from different websites have different opinions with different scores that averaged from 7.5 and up...."YOU WOULD BE SAYING THAT IS A BAD SCORE...IS THAT NOT RIGHT? OR AM I MISTAKEN?"
    Just When You Thought It Was Over........It Not Over Until I Say Its Over........So You Better Think Twice My Friend!!!

My WOC for friends list on Wii is right by my name....If you want to add ME Pm....if you do it without my knowing...I WILL NOT ADD YOU:

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Hmmm...that's interesting. They must be advertising the game right now, (wasn't someone just fired from there for giving an advertised game a low score?). Or is that just they cynic in me?

Regardless, I expect many of you to totally disregard the Gamespot review like you you've been saying you would up until now. Or do you only accept high scores from them and ignore their low scores?
    Look who's back peddling.
    No one said they would ignore Gamespot's review, where was that said?

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by CantGetAWii
    Look who's back peddling.
    No one said they would ignore Gamespot's review, where was that said?
    About half of this forum has said time and again that they don't trust Gamespot reviews for Nintendo games period. I can assume that the same goes for this game as it is a Nintendo game, no?

Ads