LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    hahaha atomheart's crushed i guess lol cuz it got a 9 and he was so proud that it got a 7.8 from IGN

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomheart
    But according to IGN, the graphics are bad considering that they were going for the cell shaded look.

Not to mention the terrible frame rates, collision problems, etc.
    Really now?

I think they said the Graphics were bad overall, more so because of the cell shading the game, not that the cell shading was done bad. What I read it said it made good use of colours etc. So I dunno, pick out the bits you want yourself to read I guess

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    Quote Originally Posted by CantGetAWii
    Really now?

I think they said the Graphics were bad overall, more so because of the cell shading the game, not that the cell shading was done bad. What I read it said it made good use of colours etc. So I dunno, pick out the bits you want yourself to read I guess
    he reminds me of kelso

and ign review is laurie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_EFzF3zr6A

the mario that's roomed with mush
    my wii is not connected to the internet, so i can't play brawl online for a bit....please do not spam inbox with friend code requests

Member #
    Friends
    does it matter what ign gave it? it could be the most accurate review for this game to date but all the wii fanboys will say they are wrong and x website is right for giving it a 9.

from my perspective im seeing a bunch of people defending a game just so they can say wii has a good mature themed game.

i havent read any of the reviews but im just saying what i can see in these topics.

Gamertag/PSN ID=SensesFailxWiix if you add me send me a message via console or wiichat

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by SensesFail
    does it matter what ign gave it? it could be the most accurate review for this game to date but all the wii fanboys will say they are wrong and x website is right for giving it a 9.

from my perspective im seeing a bunch of people defending a game just so they can say wii has a good mature themed game.

i havent read any of the reviews but im just saying what i can see in these topics.
    lol dont tell me ur on atomhearts side. and how can it be an accurate review. all reviews are opinions so how can they be more accurate then the other. and in the end the only thing that matters is what you think. and if all other reviewers give it higher then 8 and one 7 i think thats saying something

Member #
    Friends
    5701-4561-7633-7008

i'm only defending cause he's offending without any logic

it just gets annoying, it's kinda like frummage(no offence frummmage) with waluigi, and how he mentions it all the time, but atomheart just says "IGN IS THE MOST RESPECTED WEBSITE, IT GAVE IT THE LOWEST SCORE OF 7.8 SO THAT MEANS IT'S A BAD GAME"(when 7.8 isn't even a bad score)

the mario that's roomed with mush
    my wii is not connected to the internet, so i can't play brawl online for a bit....please do not spam inbox with friend code requests

Member #
    Friends
    7439-8958-0815-9629
    It looks fun, funny, and I might just get it one of these days.

I liked the IGN review because it brought up design issues and cons that I might not have known about before buying it. They may be wrong IMO in their score, though I'll have to play it to find out, but the review was very informative.

I'm a rather intelligent individual who has the bad habit of doing rather unintelligent things...
    Wii Code: 7439-8958-0815-9629
    Brawl FC: 1246-8378-0580
    Brawl Name: Druidn

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979

Stop with these comments please.
    Seriously, no one said one review was better than the other, nor did "the Wii fanboys" pledge their alliance with a certain site and review. We all have said and looked at all the different reviews and taken them into account for what they're worth. When immature people make a thread titled "HAHAHAHA! LOL! I RULE and you guys doubted me! IGN gives No More Heroes a 7.8!", no one calls him out on that. But when we are debating reviews and showing the guy there were higher reviews than his IGN 7.8 one, we are Wii fanboys?

Also, no one is defending this game so we can say Wii has good mature themed games. We are giving this game credit for being one of the best Third Party Wii games we may see this year. A little difference there.
    And as far as I am concerned what does it really matter what you think about this game?
    You don't own a Wii anymore, so debating on this over and over is kinda pointless for you no?
    Last edited by CantGetAWii; 01-22-2008 at 08:51 PM.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by zap'em up
    lol dont tell me ur on atomhearts side. and how can it be an accurate review. all reviews are opinions so how can they be more accurate then the other. and in the end the only thing that matters is what you think. and if all other reviewers give it higher then 8 and one 7 i think thats saying something
    no, im on nobodys side lol. im jsut stating my own opinion.

and a GOOD reviewer will state the facts. facts such as "the graphics couldve used a little more time" or "teh combat is repetitive" things like that.

a bad review will say "this game gets boring after a while (no reason stated) and it looks like total crap" again, no reason for WHY it looks like crap. see what im getting at here?

adn i agree, it's up to what you think. but we cant deny that reviews DO affect a games sales slightly. i always watch reviews before spending my ahrd earned cash on a 60 dollar game!

Gamertag/PSN ID=SensesFailxWiix if you add me send me a message via console or wiichat

Member #
    Friends
    I don't know I like beat em ups. I also like girls that kick ass in my games too! I just want a cool beat em up that can kick my me to the ground a few times! So far i get the feeling suda was going for with this one. The graphics are way better than I expected too. Yes maybe the Wii can do better yet it's funny but what if suda put in the slow down on purpose....LOL I could see him doing some thing like that just because he is going for a retro feel. I mean after having 16 zombies chase me in res evil 4 in the mining town I find it hard for this game to push the Wii to slow down. Yet the polygon count for the characters is pretty high.

Basically they game it low scores because of the over world and side missions. So I wonder if suda would have gotten all final fantasy and dropped lots of cut scenes in there and some good ol GTA random people in there would it get a better score then? I mean really I don't really care for sand box games like GTA so I won't be crying over that. I'll be glad I just have to drive around and not get shot by cops. It's like saying super mario bro 1 was unpolished because is had no back grounds hardly yet mario 3 had back grounds! Maybe if Suda had one part of the city that was crammed full of people that would make IGN happy! I mean he may just do that in a sequel...LOL!

Ads