Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomheart
    Actually it does. It's simple math really. The 360 has 82 well-rated games in just over 2 years. The Wii only has 14 well-rated games in just over a year. What's 14 times 2?
    Hence why it was a single point instead of the entire criticism.

Still, you could argue that games get better as the console progresses. However, you'd have to be REALLY optimistic to believe that we're going to get 68 Wii games rated about 80% in the next year.
    Maybe not, but we will begin to see more developed games over the coming years, which is basically logical, especially seeing as though the Wii attracts both good good game devs as well as bad ones. Hopefully we'll begin to see that developers learn their lesson of not producing crap for the system, because Wii gamers (the core Wii audience to be exact) won't buy crap games. We'll buy stuff that is fun, usually either proven (as a franchise for example) or critically acclaimed. That's not to say we all buy into the hype of things, but when things do come along that spike interest (for example, Zack and Wiki), we will bite for them.

It's sad, but it's reality. The Wii will ALWAYS be the weakest in terms of game quality
    Not really. That's basically down to opinion.

...and ultimately gameplay (on top of having the weakest graphics).
    Same as above. Personally, I feel that you can do more with the Wii in terms of genre, especially considering the obvious factor of FPS having to evolve (like Bioshock, Portal, The Darkness etc...). Besides, people always see the graphics as a down side or a flaw. They simply aren't. The graphics are fine (when used properly) and are often suited to the types of games the Wii has.

Hopefully, the few great Wii games will be worth it. I know that Brawl and Mario Kart should keep me plenty happy for a long time (I hope), but then again, I don't play video games much.
    I feel you're doing the Wii a disservice here. There are some pretty cool games out for the Wii, even if it hasn't built up a large collection of classics. Much like the N64, the Wii will be remembered not for it's catalogue, but for it's special class of amazing games that are only available for the Wii.

Oh, and be careful. You were coming off a little too brazen about the Wii. Remember this is a Wii forum, and although criticism is welcome, slagging off isn't.

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

M'bating to Z Suit Samus Atomheart's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicB
    Arg, I be smellin' a fanboy somewhere!
    To the contrary: the Wii is the ONLY console that I own. I don't play it much though (or video games for that matter), which is the only reason I haven't become completely disillusioned with video games after owning a Wii.

Member #
    Friends
    2482-6460-3144-9934
    Quote Originally Posted by SensesPH41L
    dealing with PS3 hatrid, and Wii fanboyism.
    Correct spelling won't hurt.

-=Join The Waluigi Fan Club=-

Spoiler Alert!

52 Members and still growing!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    5207-2685-9420-8549
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomheart
    I've been waiting for something like this to come around. I've always had the suspicion that the Wii has disproportionatly had low scoring (i.e., crappy) games. Everytime a crappy 7.0 or lower scored games comes out (which has been 95% of Wii games), I wonder this even more. Now it has been confirmed.
    Why don't we look at the average Nintendo review score? That might change your perspectrive on the average review score of Wii games with effort put in.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by romj
    Hi, Bliss! Can't much, I have an injury to my domant shoulder, so can't type much.
    Oh wow man, hope u get better

Quote Originally Posted by WiitnessID
    I remember that post too. Hell I think that was when I started posting here. Good debate but thats what big companies do.
    yea that had to be one of the best debate threads we had about the Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft

Member #
    Friends
    There is lots of good stuff to talk about this year on all fronts. Lots to think about also. Even better way too much to play! The good stuff isn't even on the calender yet! That goes for all the big players. Lots of secrets floating around! SONY may be last and even if they didn't catch the 360 they still have blue ray royalties. So why worry, plus they have lots of studios working on games in house. Every body is going to be just fine. Lots of people think things will change and who knows they might but (almost)20 million is a lot to deal with.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by FRuMMaGe
    Correct spelling won't hurt.
    pwned..

Gamertag/PSN ID=SensesFailxWiix if you add me send me a message via console or wiichat

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Bliss
    Oh wow man, hope u get better

yea that had to be one of the best debate threads we had about the Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft
    Thank you. I'm going to the doc tomorrow to see why it's like this.

EDIT: My observation is that there is little wii fanboyism, but a whole lotta wii contempt here and all across the internet and gaming community.

Nintendo's own site was the worst I have ever seen! For the most part, it was people posting about how horrible it is in terms of processing power and graphics. The hostility there was like an inferno and was indicative of the contempt held for the wii in the gaming community.

Just go look up all the articles Cantgetawii posted from different gaming sites. Most of them are negative about the wii, predicting it's doom or failure. There is no respect for the wii, it is nothing but a child's toy to most people. I don't this as wii fanboyism.
    Last edited by romj; 01-23-2008 at 11:23 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    Well i own the ps3 and the xbox 360 + the wii Here is my opinion.
    Xbox 360 is great graphics...Fun and very well put together online..and it gets very addicting..but after getting the red ring issue 2 times...I felt like...i guess whats on the inside does matter after lol...I just couldnt see investing any more time and money into games and content just to send off my console and get a refurbished one back...360...good games and smart ideas..bad hardware...IMO....Ok ps3...i got it and use it for a blu ray player..i have motor storm...resistance..and uncharted...there fun but nobody really likes to watch you play these games..and the main person that is with me is my girlfriend who likes video games..so...On to the wii...

I have mario galaxy...zelda tp....no more heros...resident evil 4..guitar hero 3...mario party 8..super paper mario.wii sports and wii play...and i want to get...super smash bros brawl... metroid corruption...bully wii edition...trama center new blood... The games i own are great games and the ones i want i think will also be great....So why the complaining about no games on wii.?? I think its just people that sit and play the game too much..beat it in the first day...See i like to play a game beat a level or two..then switch games...or turn the system off and go do something outside...or watch a movie...If you play games into the ground til theres nothing else..then yea you will be looking around for more games...And then get sucked into spending more money...I play casual but some times alot...depending on what im doing...And i got the 360 first...alot of technical problems and They send you back refurbished systems so personally i was done with that...i moved to the ps3...well it didnt really have a fun factor for me and my girlfriend so we moved to the wii...Yes the wii was something we didnt really think would be anything..And it turned out to be the best out of the 3 for us...we both enjoy it..No more heros for me...is a great game...and thats just for me.

Member #
    Friends
    RandomZero & romj Yeah the Wii hate is mostly from the online gamers. These are the same guys that use to play PC games. They just took that upgrade money and bought an xbox or PS3. If thats not the case then it's new comers who have been verbally assaulted by these guys. The way of thinking is infectious like most abusive situations. The voice chat them only enables it more. They like to pick fights a lot and talk junk. To tell you the truth I would rather them not be on the Wii playing. Every one has their console for a reason but I think the shall we say dirtymouth core just needs online so they can talk to friends and chases Noobs. This is what they see as fun. They have a bully complex yet that is not true in real life. They see some one having fun and think yeah I would OWN them online. LOL Which isn't the case Wii online players are no joke at all! Thats just my opinion about it. I mean when live went down we got a lot of Live players in quake and they all complained about regulars having bots...LOL Quake and UT are way faster than halo and you will die a lot!

To those dirthmouth core type a console is there for bragging rights, It's more for people to evny you or some thing. When no one cares about that it hurts.

Seriously the Wii so far is a complete system. I'm fine with it because I've been playing games with higher spec graphics for years while the PS2 was out. I mean really nothing is touching crysis on the PC and HD graphics on the console just fall a little short, yet if all you've had was a PS2 then the HD systems are like magic to you!

As soon as I saw z brush and the doom 3's first try at normal mapping I knew it was going to be big in gaming. Had nintendo knew this they would have the tools to really crush the competition even with out HD resolution.

As a next gen system that is about all it lacks to me to be truly a winner hands down. Yes thats about it normal maps and better texture compression. The VC rocks and EA's online stuff is the way every thing should be made...it's as close as we can get to live...LOL which is as close as I want to be. The game selection is very surprising for the first year also. It seems every one has about 7 or 8 games from this year depending on your tastes.

What is funny is nintendo would have to have the strictest online system of them all because of so much hate towards it. Yet if all your games start coming out on this system people will actually start praising the system. I've been gaming for too long not to see this. Gamers are fickle and they turn their back on console quick. Hey but if you are not having fun then thats what they should expect right?

It's almost like the HD gamers are yelling at people for being poor..LOL Which is not the case. Then they are mad at nintendo for giving gamers an option to not over spend on a console...LOL and the early punters are mad at it. I would think that if you have one of those systems then you should be happy right? I mean I've had a high end PC since college and I still loved lower spec systems and consoles. Lots of gamers will grow up in the coming years it seems and it looks like gaming may grow up also.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Ads