LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28
  1. #11
    WiiChat Member hal2814's Avatar
    Member #
    46196
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    130
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I think you've picked the wrong quote to base your argument off of, Frummage. The post you quote is a rant from a person who believes his friend is wrong to think Bioshock more deserving of some Game of the Year award than Mario Galaxy solely based on graphics. Let's break down these points:

    > The game [Bioshock] is NOT fun to play.
    I challenge you to find anywhere Inferno7 stated or even implied how fun Bioshock is to play. Also note that Inferno7 never even states that Mario Galaxy deserves to be game of the year. The onyl thing he does is imply that Bioshock shouldn't beat out Galaxy solely based on graphics.

    > The game has poor controls and/or game-play.
    Uhhh... Where exactly did you get that from? I don't see any mention of Bioshock's controls or game-play.

    > Everyone who likes the game is a "graphics-whore".
    I highly doubt Inferno7's friend's comments are really a direct quote but even if it's just a paraphrase, it appears that there was some back and forth on Bioshock or Galaxy for game of the year and Inferno7's friend's defense of why Galaxy could not win is based solely on its graphics. He's very obviously stating the case on why his friend is a "graphics whore" along with a specific case of why he does not like "graphics whores." Never does this implication spill over to the Bioshock player in the general sense.

    I don't have a horse in this race so don't think I'm making some sort of case for any game of the year award. I've personally never played Bioshock. I've never even heard of it. I'm sure it's fun. Personally, I'm not so keen on Mario Galaxy. I much prefer Paper Mario, but I really don't play enough games per year to even know what's out there.

    I do see the point you're trying to make though and I do agree with it in principle. There are probably of people out there who think good graphics equals bad game. People with that mindset are as bad as those who think that graphics are more important than gameplay. But from the information we have at hand, there is no way of knowing if Inferno7 believes that good graphics equals poor gameplay. I hate to see a good argument lose because of poor reasoning, but making Frummage's argument and using Inferno7 as an example is exceptionally poor reasoning.

  2. #12
    Waluigi's #1 Fan! FRuMMaGe's Avatar
    Member #
    8705
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,966
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2482-6460-3144-9934
    Quote Originally Posted by hal2814
    I challenge you to find anywhere Inferno7 stated or even implied how fun Bioshock is to play.
    "Im so annoyed and I know this is the millionth thread about it but I just want to stress my point! My friend is anoyying now because all he cares about in a game is the graphics! Im so tired of graphics whores. They are so annoying I mean, these days its all about graphics! Where has the real fun gone? Listen to this retarded

    --------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by hal2814
    Uhhh... Where exactly did you get that from? I don't see any mention of Bioshock's controls or game-play.
    Sorry I didn't put this very well. I wasn't referring to this post, rather the whole thread and similar threads.

    ------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by hal2814
    > Everyone who likes the game is a "graphics-whore".
    I highly doubt Inferno7's friend's comments are really a direct quote but even if it's just a paraphrase, it appears that there was some back and forth on Bioshock or Galaxy for game of the year and Inferno7's friend's defense of why Galaxy could not win is based solely on its graphics. He's very obviously stating the case on why his friend is a "graphics whore" along with a specific case of why he does not like "graphics whores." Never does this implication spill over to the Bioshock player in the general sense.
    Here is a quote from the same user:

    "If online got taken away from Halo 3, Only a handful would quit because they would just love to look at the cinematics over and over again."

    --------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by hal2814
    I do see the point you're trying to make though and I do agree with it in principle. There are probably of people out there who think good graphics equals bad game. People with that mindset are as bad as those who think that graphics are more important than gameplay. But from the information we have at hand, there is no way of knowing if Inferno7 believes that good graphics equals poor gameplay. I hate to see a good argument lose because of poor reasoning, but making Frummage's argument and using Inferno7 as an example is exceptionally poor reasoning.
    I was using Inferno7 as an example because he was acting like a stereotypical "gameplay-whore"

    Sorry if any of it was unclear. I wasn't trying to make a case, I was just stating my opinion

    -=Join The Waluigi Fan Club=-

    Spoiler Alert!



    52 Members and still growing!


  3. #13
    WiiChat Member Dreamweaver's Avatar
    Member #
    21550
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    East Sussex, UK
    Posts
    143
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5133-1980-9154-2212
    Imo, grahpics are another part of the game. Just one of many contributing factors that decide how good I think it is. Personally, I don't think it is any more or less important than gameplay, although that might seem a little extreme and many would disagree.


    iz-grafix.co.uk


  4. #14
    RPG Freak Harek's Avatar
    Member #
    47751
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tahlequah
    Posts
    12
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2847-5691-3573-8714
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamweaver
    Imo, grahpics are another part of the game. Just one of many contributing factors that decide how good I think it is. Personally, I don't think it is any more or less important than gameplay, although that might seem a little extreme and many would disagree.
    You're kidding right Id rather play a game with weak graphics and good gameplay compared to the other way around any day. Example: why is the virtual console so popular, because the games on it have such awesome graphics?

  5. #15
    WiiChat Member Dreamweaver's Avatar
    Member #
    21550
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    East Sussex, UK
    Posts
    143
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5133-1980-9154-2212
    Quote Originally Posted by Harek
    You're kidding right Id rather play a game with weak graphics and good gameplay compared to the other way around any day. Example: why is the virtual console so popular, because the games on it have such awesome graphics?
    I happen to like the graphics of VC games a lot more than current ones for some reason. Anyway, I wasn't saying I'd rather play a game with nice graphics than good gameplay. What I'm saying is that to me they are equal and there shouldn't be one factor that makes a good game, it's ALL part of the experience.


    iz-grafix.co.uk


  6. #16
    Conquistador T3kNi9e's Avatar
    Member #
    39562
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Augusta, GA
    Posts
    2,231
    Friends
    2
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Like everyone is saying graphics is just a plus. People who cry about "graphic whores" are hypocrites. They only are even bring up "graphic whores" because the console they own is weakest in graphical power. Ive never heard people cry about this in the Gamecube era. Everyone loved the new graphics, graphics is always a good thing to deny this is hypocracy. But as soon as Wii is released and 360/PS3 is far ahead of them, then suddenly graphics mean shit. The only reason why they say this is to defend their console. But you still see those same whiners going ga-ga when a new Nintendo has good graphics. When the new console for Nintendo is released everyone who had not experienced the graphical power will go ga-ga once again for new shiny graphics. But in the end graphics is just a perk.

    So just let those 360/PS3 marvel in awe, because guess what? So did you when you first experienced new graphics.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

  7. #17
    A li'l bit different Squall7's Avatar
    Member #
    89
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cornwall, UK
    Posts
    1,743
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    Like everyone is saying graphics is just a plus. People who cry about "graphic whores" are hypocrites. They only are even bring up "graphic whores" because the console they own is weakest in graphical power. Ive never heard people cry about this in the Gamecube era. Everyone loved the new graphics, graphics is always a good thing to deny this is hypocracy. But as soon as Wii is released and 360/PS3 is far ahead of them, then suddenly graphics mean shit. The only reason why they say this is to defend their console. But you still see those same whiners going ga-ga when a new Nintendo has good graphics. When the new console for Nintendo is released everyone who had not experienced the graphical power will go ga-ga once again for new shiny graphics. But in the end graphics is just a perk.

    So just let those 360/PS3 marvel in awe, because guess what? So did you when you first experienced new graphics.
    True. Although the reason the graphics point is becoming more moot of late, is simply because Nintendo has opened up gaming. Personally, I prefered N64 control over Gamecube and dual shock, but the wiimote is even further different. Not defneding those people, just explaining why graphics are less important nowadays.

    Oh, and forgot to say, it's probably because even smaller developers are making things that graphically look decent, and so graphics isn't neccesarily a defining part of the game as much as it used to be.


    Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.


  8. #18
    PM me if you add my wii Clish's Avatar
    Member #
    13024
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    244
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8448-6260-2078-1629
    the wii's graphics arn't bad.... i mean... it seems like people talk as if the wii's graphics are worse than the PS2/xbox .. but the fact is that the GC's graphics are actutally capable of being better than both xbox and PS2 .... and since the Wii has at least 2x the graphics power the GC has ..... well.. go figure...
    PM to add me to Wii and from there we can add different games!

    Brawl: 2921-8766-9978

  9. #19
    WiiChat Member romj's Avatar
    Member #
    34434
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    366
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by FRuMMaGe
    Just felt like writing a little post on the endless supply of Wii owners who take it on themselves to cling with such piousness to the notion that all games with good graphics inherently lack depth or fun game-play.

    I refer you to the encapsulation of this in the following thread, aptly named "OMG This is so freakin annoying!"

    http://www.wiichat.com/lounge/46117-...-annoying.html

    As you can see, this person has probably never played Bioshock, but because it has amazing graphics they are making several (wrong) assumptions:
    > The game is NOT fun to play.
    > The game has poor controls and/or game-play.
    > Everyone who likes the game is a "graphics-whore".

    This is a very widespread state of mind across most of this forum and it really ticks me off when I hear amazing games such as Halo 3 and Bioshock having their great graphics used as a negative point.

    I am sure I am not alone in this.

    EDIT: Before some people start a barrage of poorly worded "ZOMG! U R T3H GR4FICKS HORE!" posts, I would like to stress that I enjoy my Wii more than my Xbox 360.
    that's really interesting, Frummage. I never thought of it like that. But I have seen people say things to this effect. But I don't think like that, and never has. I think those that do say this feel that the wii is inherrently inferior and they have no other way of defending it when they are told that it IS inherently inferior, since graphic processing power is a measure of superiority or infeiority.

    I mean I wanna play Bioshock and others like it. It did deserve game of the year, alongside Mario Galaxy. Another game I want to play is, Drakes Fortune, cuz it looks like a kinda adventure platformer game, and it looks soo good! WOW!

  10. #20
    A li'l bit different Squall7's Avatar
    Member #
    89
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cornwall, UK
    Posts
    1,743
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by Clish
    the wii's graphics arn't bad.... i mean... it seems like people talk as if the wii's graphics are worse than the PS2/xbox .. but the fact is that the GC's graphics are actutally capable of being better than both xbox and PS2 .... and since the Wii has at least 2x the graphics power the GC has ..... well.. go figure...
    To be fair, I think most people are getting peeved off with developers not even trying to do something more creative with the graphics of the Wii. It seems a dumping ground for PS2 ports. Even Factor 5 said so a while back. Thankfully, they'll be able to put other devs to shame with whatever game they're doing.

    Here's the interview: http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/762/762984p1.html
    Last edited by Squall7; 01-23-2008 at 02:00 PM.


    Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.


Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

games' about street whores
,

graphics whores

,
other words for graphics whore
,
tired of the graphics whores
,
what is a two way whore
,
wii graphic whores
Click on a term to search for related topics.