LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8448-6260-2078-1629
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall7
    To be fair, I think most people are getting peeved off with developers not even trying to do something more creative with the graphics of the Wii. It seems a dumping ground for PS2 ports. Even Factor 5 said so a while back. Thankfully, they'll be able to put other devs to shame with whatever game they're doing.

Here's the interview: http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/762/762984p1.html
    exactly .. the wii is capable of what many people would consider "good graphics" (note .. not great grapics but good graphics) but no one is developing it for the wii .. and thus people get the stereotype that the wii has bad graphics....
    PM to add me to Wii and from there we can add different games!

Brawl: 2921-8766-9978

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    Like everyone is saying graphics is just a plus. People who cry about "graphic whores" are hypocrites. They only are even bring up "graphic whores" because the console they own is weakest in graphical power. Ive never heard people cry about this in the Gamecube era. Everyone loved the new graphics, graphics is always a good thing to deny this is hypocracy. But as soon as Wii is released and 360/PS3 is far ahead of them, then suddenly graphics mean shit. The only reason why they say this is to defend their console. But you still see those same whiners going ga-ga when a new Nintendo has good graphics. When the new console for Nintendo is released everyone who had not experienced the graphical power will go ga-ga once again for new shiny graphics. But in the end graphics is just a perk.

So just let those 360/PS3 marvel in awe, because guess what? So did you when you first experienced new graphics.
    Ahh i should have known that you would come in riding your Fanboy horse once again.

But this time, what your saying isnt 'Wrong'. I think 'Bullshit' is a better suited word for what youve said.

When i first experienced graphics on the 360, i wasnt in awe. I didnt marvel at the sparkly screen. I picked up the controller and naturally got bored of the button mashing and thumb numbing controls.

Gameplay is what i see first. Simply becuase its most important. Graphics? A Bonus, nothing more. I just downloaded Super Mario Bros. on my Wii a few days ago. Ive been playing it more than some of my other Wii games that have respectable graphics.

Graphics = Bonus. I wanna play a game, not watch a movie.

Member #
    Friends
    5873-1290-1753-2112
    I like to see games as just another creative outlet for story-tellers to use...
    GAME OVER

Wii fan Boy till the end Bigjake52's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    3449-8056-9185-4637
    grapics dont make the game hell i still play pong that is fun but when i am bord it is fun to play old games just as fun to play new games with better graphics. what is the point of playing a gane for it's graphics i play games for a storry line well most of the time
    We Would like to Update

Member #
    Friends
    I think that there was a time when amazing graphics would equal poor gameplay but that was back when FMV had just hit the scene and games such as Sewer Shark were big news.

Nowadays consoles are capable of both good graphics and good gameplay. I think that these type of arguments are usually an extreme reaction though, with one person saying Wii games are crap because they are not in HD and the other person saying 360/PS3 games are crap because they dont have fun motion controlled gameplay.

The truth is that a game can be fun with or without these things, after all classic videogames such as Donkey Kong are still fun for some people despite not having HD or motion controls. Gameplay is whats really important and we are lucky to have such a variety of gaming, whether it be COD4 on 360/PS3 or SMG on Wii.

Letter "Q" is the Coolest asdfghjkl's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    The only time graphics EVER affect my opinion about a game, is if it gets in the way of gameplay.

Member #
    Friends
    Okay, well you guys/ gals can't say graphics don't "make" a game, they affect it greatly, but good game play cannot be matched by good graphics.

A good game is good game-play, or good graphics. A great game is the combined.
    With much love, 261311.
    Quote Originally Posted by JT.
    Maybe it's implying yoshi is an animal, and not just a mutated green prostitute mario likes to ride
    -=Join the Waluigi Fan Club=-

Member #
    Friends
    7008-0365-4453-6295
    I don't care whether or not the graphics are good or not. All that matters is how much enjoyment someone gets out of a game. I don't believe in Good graphics=bad game or that bad graphics=bad game. I hate it when people say they don't like the game because of the graphics being bad. For example, my friends mom was like "with all of the technology we have in this house, i can't believe your playing the most simplistic game." We were playing The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap on the Gamecube (with that special thingy.) We told her who cares about graphics. They may not be great, but the game is still fun to play.
    -=Join the Waluigi Fan Club (WFC)=-
    Mario Strikers Charged FC: 184806-792842
    Medal of Honor Heroes 2: Axel16

Choice is the best (local) band in the world. Check them out at myspace.com/choicerock

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Remove Ads

Ads