LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Downloadable songs for Guitar Hero 3

Mastodon just released a downloadable song for GH3. I love Mastodon and have been saying for a while that their shredding needs to be in the game. So I go online and look for an area to download this new song but was unable to find it. What's the deal does GH3 on the Wii not allow you to download songs? If not that is incredibly stupid as downloading new songs was one of the major selling points of GH3. Anyone have any insight into this? thanks

Member #
    Friends
    3041-8420-1576-4112
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwarzilla
    Mastodon just released a downloadable song for GH3. I love Mastodon and have been saying for a while that their shredding needs to be in the game. So I go online and look for an area to download this new song but was unable to find it. What's the deal does GH3 on the Wii not allow you to download songs? If not that is incredibly stupid as downloading new songs was one of the major selling points of GH3. Anyone have any insight into this? thanks
    Because the Wii dosnt support any DLC yet, for any game, at all. Just old whole games
    My Face------------------------------------>

Weeeeeeeeeeeee

Add my PSN for some good shit~iDorkfish

Member #
    Friends
    The Wii will be able to Download songs for GH3 soon, very soon according to ninty. Youll just have to wait a while.

Member #
    Friends
    Sigh...just another thing that nintendo is mysteriously and pointlessly behind the curve on. I honestly love Nintendo but WHY would they have NO downloadable content for the Wii?
    It makes no sense. The system came with freaking built-in WIFI, an on-line game shop, internet channel, international voting channel, contests etc....
    But somehow it's an incredibly hard leap for them to actually USE THE WIFI FOR WII-GAMING PURPOSES.
    Get your crap together, Nintendo, I am so running out of patience. At this point I have more patience for Microsoft and my 360 just got the red-ring-of-death and DIED on me. I still don't care, cause Nintendo is SO MUCH FREAKING WORSE.
    ugghhh....
    WWW.WEARETHEKEY.NET
    WEARETHEKEY.FREEFORUMS.ORG

Come join and help the world Evolve!

BRAWL CODE - 3265-4747-0770
    Wii Console - 2504-6852-5346-7730

Member #
    Friends
    8480-0209-2306-3955
    the main reason wii don't have a dlc option is because of the wii's VERY limited space on its hard drive. i'm guessing that nintendo is either working on producing an external hard drive to provide more storage space, or allowing us to somehow access an sd card while in game.

don't worry folks, DLC will come (sometime within the next month or so)

Currently Playing:
    The Conduit
    Call of Duty: World at War

Member #
    Friends
    3041-8420-1576-4112
    Quote Originally Posted by AoWFraggit
    the main reason wii don't have a dlc option is because of the wii's VERY limited space on its hard drive. i'm guessing that nintendo is either working on producing an external hard drive to provide more storage space, or allowing us to somehow access an sd card while in game.

don't worry folks, DLC will come (sometime within the next month or so)
    Agreed, but 1G SD cards are only 20 bucks...
    My Face------------------------------------>

Weeeeeeeeeeeee

Add my PSN for some good shit~iDorkfish

Member #
    Friends

Thanks People!

Thanks for shedding some light on this subject. Nintendo's reluctance to go online with it's games has been a bane ever since I promised my left kidney for online play on Mario Kart: Double Dash. I too thought that with it's new system and the promise of a WiFi connection that true online gaming and DLC would be one of the first things nintendo worked on. Sadly this was not the case.I will keep my eyes peeled for the day the glory of DLC comes to fruition.

M'bating to Z Suit Samus Atomheart's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwarzilla
    Thanks for shedding some light on this subject. Nintendo's reluctance to go online with it's games has been a bane ever since I promised my left kidney for online play on Mario Kart: Double Dash. I too thought that with it's new system and the promise of a WiFi connection that true online gaming and DLC would be one of the first things nintendo worked on. Sadly this was not the case.I will keep my eyes peeled for the day the glory of DLC comes to fruition.
    If you're looking forward to quality online play, DLC, etc. from Nintendo, don't hold your breath. They'll ALWAYS be WAY behind the curve, at least throughout the life cycle of the Wii. They just don't care about online and will always half-ass it.

As of right now, DLC is pretty much impossible without SD card functionality or an external hard drive. At 512 MB flash memory built in, it wouldn't be able to hold much at all. For the 360, I've heard that the song packs weigh in at 75+ MB's. You'd only be able to hold a few song packs, assuming you have nothing else on your Wii (e.g., saves, VC games, other channels).

And PS: The Wii does NOT have a harddrive. It has flash memory. Not the same thing.

Member #
    Friends
    0338-1260-4517-9622
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomheart
    And PS: The Wii does NOT have a hard drive. It has flash memory. Not the same thing.
    and thats the whole problem. they really need to make an external hard drive, that is easily accessible.. like even from the home menu while you're in game. just an extra option to use your hard drive for loads and saves.
    Name: DoubleARon
    Wii Console: 0338-1260-4517-9622
    BRAWL: 0645-5430-9638
    GH3 Code: 3609-0310-5280
    (Please PM me if you add me!)

Ads