LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Mario Kart Wii to be Released April 2, 2008 (According to Gamestop)

GameStop Claims Mario Kart Wii Coming April 2nd

Word has started spreading across the Internet that GameStop has been instructed to begin taking pre-orders for Mario Kart Wii and that the game will be releasing April 2, 2008.

We called several local GameStops and were able to confirm truth in this. All the stores we talked to claim that Mario Kart Wii will be releasing on April 2. Additionally, you can now pre-order the game at GameStop.
    Editor's Take: It's hard to believe Mario Kart will be shipping so soon. We hardly know anything about the game. GameStop has been wrong in the past, so I wouldn't be surprised if the company's wrong again with Mario Kart Wii.
    That'd be great release, not even a month after Brawl.

Link: http://wii.kombo.com/article.php?artid=11351

Currently Own:
    Hardware: Nintendo Wii, 4 Wii Remotes, 2 Nunchucks
    Games: Wii Sports, Wii Play, Super Paper Mario, Mario Party 8, Super Mario Galaxy, Guitar Hero 3

Member #
    Friends
    I work at GameStop and the email that I got this morning said that they are giving it an initial release date of April 2nd. When they get the actual release date from N then they will update their list. This game will not be out on April 2nd and it will more than likely be delayed. Even so, I was the first to preorder! Can't wait for this one, and it comes with the wheel.

Member #
    Friends
    3732-3369-2853-4491
    doesnt kombo like know their stuff? a beginning of the month release date as well as middle or end is almost always false. not to mention nintendo delays games to build hype, among other things
    Strikers FC:025884-970933
    RIP: Hidden in Plain View, Counterfit Pennies, The Early November

thanks to idjut for the sig!

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Here's the kicker in the article.

According to Gamestop.

I wouldn't hold too much truth behind that release date.
    That turtle has a brief case. It must be going to work. I hope it has a good day.

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    I don't see it coming out then.
    My money is on it being pushed back for the holidays..for a "holiday hit".

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

M'bating to Z Suit Samus Atomheart's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by CantGetAWii
    I don't see it coming out then.
    My money is on it being pushed back for the holidays..for a "holiday hit".
    Until December? No way. They won't delay it 8 months after stating a spring release, would they?

Still, I don't see an April 2 release date. It's too close to Brawl. I see it coming out in June, which doesn't bother me as I'll have neither the time nor the money to get it in April. Plus, I'll be busy with Brawl, I hope.

I really do hope they push it back. Otherwise, we'll be left with pretty much nothing for months and months.

Member #
    Friends
    oh geeze, dont even go by gamestops release dates. i mean..guitar hero 3 just came out like a month ago for ps3/360 according to them when in reality it was back in october. lol

basically what they do is if a game is schedualed for "Q1" they will pick a date and it will be a random date but they will eventually (for the most part) get it right once it's been announced.

Gamertag/PSN ID=SensesFailxWiix if you add me send me a message via console or wiichat

Member #
    Friends
    8853-1952-9704-6115
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomheart
    Until December? No way. They won't delay it 8 months after stating a spring release, would they?

Still, I don't see an April 2 release date. It's too close to Brawl. I see it coming out in June, which doesn't bother me as I'll have neither the time nor the money to get it in April. Plus, I'll be busy with Brawl, I hope.

I really do hope they push it back. Otherwise, we'll be left with pretty much nothing for months and months.
    It's Nintendo.. Every game they release gets delayed. Games such as Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Brawl just recently have been delayed 7-16 months.. if the game comes out before August it'd be a miracle. My personal guess.. October.

Thanks Star Striker for the sig.

Support the Third Parties!
    Buy Zack and Wiki
    and
    No More Heroes

Member #
    Friends
    5295-8320-2788-9441
    I hope that's the release date. It's not too far away, and it would come out right after Brawl.

Favorite Wiichat Members: Leve, CyanRussel, Wario2000, Frogger, Marioman, Mushroomed, SSBB_Lover, Axtlar, Brawny, and balrogs.pa

Smash Bros Brawl Friendcode: 3222 5243 1228

[SIZE="4"]PM me if you have added me

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomheart

Well no maybe not December, middle of November is kinda the Holiday area. However Galaxy was sold in this time frame, and many decided on buying and waiting until Christmas to get it.

And as far as we know Animal Crossing seems to be the only game that is coming out in that time slot, and that alone can not sell tons of copies. Mario Kart though, a game a lot of people are excited for will sell well. If Nintendo doesn't have any hits up their sleeves in that time also, Mario Kart will get delayed.

Anything can happen with delays, especially if the online in the game just isn't as spot on. We also haven't heard as much details of the game as we should have by now, which is another reason why I think we won't see it for a bit.

Brawl occupies Spring, Wii Fit in the Summer?..Kart takes over last quarter?
    Seems logical to me.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads