LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Help picking a game for my fiance

Hey everyone. The suggestions I got from everyone on the last game I got (Mario Strikers Charged) were great. I wanted to ask your opinions again but not for me this time...

My fiance loves the Wii and I want to get a game that she'll enjoy playing. She loves the Wii Sports games (who doesn't!) and she has expressed interest in a few other titles that I'll list in a second. My concern for some of these titles is that they likely aren't what she thinks they are and she won't enjoy them. I am mostly concerned given her abilities as a player - she tends to get frustrated with some of the control in games. For example, she does fine in Zelda TP until she has to fight an enemy that she didn't see coming. At that point, there is too much to remember for her to control and she doesn't have fun.

I'm looking for something somewhat similar but without so much emphasis on skill with controlling.

She has expressed interest in the following games:

Tomb Raider Anniversary
    Crash of the Titans
    Mario and Sonic at the Olympics
    Rayman Raving Rabbids

Mostly, I think she's after a fun game with moderate skill level puzzles. She's 23 and enjoys solving things. She certainly is not into the more hardcore gaming like Metroid. I think Mario Galaxy would even be a stretch for her controlling skill given that there are definitely some areas that require some dexterity.

Is there anything you all can think of that would be a good match for my description? I think the games she listed are for the most part going to be too advanced for her. Would Super Paper Mario be more in line? Anything I haven't thought of? What are your opinions?
    Games Owned: Wii Sports, Wii Play, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Strikers Charged, Metriod Prime 3 Corruption, Super Smash Bros Brawl
    Wanted games: Mario Kart Wii, Super Paper Mario, Resident Evil 4, Zack & Wiki, Endless Ocean

2. Ads

Welcome to the Good Life Desi_Wii_G's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8914-3870-7184-8437
    This sounds like a Mario Galaxy lover to me... Try that out, it's a great game and has a lot of solving levels.

Brawl Friend Code:0559-6444-7466
    Name For Brawl: SanMN
    PM Me If You Add Me!

Member #
    Friends
    8193-4915-4160-2184
    If she likes party games then it will be...
    Big Brain Academy Wii Degree
    Mario Party 8
    Mario and Sonic at the Olympics
    Rayman Raving Rabbids 2
    WarioWare Smooth Moves

But if she likes adventure games then it will be...
    Metroid Prime 3
    Tomb Raider Anniversary
    Super Paper Mario
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Last edited by Kenji510; 01-24-2008 at 10:58 PM.

Wii Friend Code: 8193-4915-4160-218
    PS3 PSN ID: Hayato510
    XB360 Gamertag: Hayato510

Member #
    Friends
    8133-6731-4978-7821
    well if she enjoys puzzle games, the only game you should get her is Zack and Wiki! Its the BEST puzzle game ever for the Wii! Its a single player game, well it says 2 player but the only thing the 2nd player can do is kinda draw all over the screen and thats about it. But this game is amazing, it requires alot of brain knowledge and tons of team work! I think you and her will enjoy this game alot. Tell me if you get it

Member #
    Friends
    Hello, I'm new!

I would get your fiance:

Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree
    The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Super Paper Mario
    Zack & Wiki

Member #
    Friends
    Hi, I am new here, but I just got Endless Ocean and it is great. I am 26 and I too do not like heavily violent games, which is why I opted for the Wii over the 360 or PS3. Try it, I bet she would like it!

Member #
    Friends
    2847-5691-3573-8714
    Can't go wrong with Galaxy. The puzzles get more exciting as you go along and the controls are super simple you should give this one a try

Member #
    Friends
    She should really try Mario Galaxy, I am a 25 year-old girl and I love it, my brother's girlfriend is 22 and a very casual gamer and she loves it and my mum who is 50 and also a casual gamer loves it too. You can't go wrong!
    Last edited by Narah; 01-25-2008 at 02:30 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    Zack & Wiki sounds like her sort of game. It's point and click puzzles and dexterity is rarely required. If she's easily frustrated, she might not be so keen on redoing a level up to the point that she died but you're going to have that same problem in a lot of games. The only problem with Zack & Wiki is that it's incredibly short. My wife surprisingly inquired on how much it would cost to buy the game when we were playing it on rental and was very disappointed when she found out we were only about 3 levels from being finished. It might be best as a rental but even if it's not the game you buy her as a gift, it's certainly worth checking out.

Member #
    Friends
    4614-1471-6665-4276
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenji510
    But if she likes adventure games then it will be...
    Metroid Prime 3
    Tomb Raider Anniversary
    Super Paper Mario
    Super Mario Galaxy
    super paper mario is an action rpg and super mario galaxy is a platformer. but i do agree with your party game selection. also super mario galaxy is in no way a hard game, except for the purple coin levels. go with galaxy.

Ads