LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    That's true... I guess... I wasn't expecting a game like NMH to have frame-rate and pop-in issues. The graphics are pretty cool looking but nothing spectacular (even for the Wii) so i didnt think it would have these problems.

The biggest thing im more worried about when I get this game in the future is how bad the frame rate is and the repetitiveness of the stupid odd jobs you have to do. Im not to fond of the idea of having to mow lawns, save kittens and work at a gas station. Pretty tedious IMO. Pop-in doesn't bother me as long as its not too bad. But since this thread was made, I guess its pretty bad if someone decides to make a thread asking about it :/
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

M'bating to Z Suit Samus Atomheart's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaderhack
    Pop in is minor. I'm more concerned with how the game plays. Which it seems almost every review agrees with..

Lack of polish is when you have a game with graphical power but is weak with it's gameplay (i.e. Crysis).

I'd rather play a simple bowling game looking at a character with no arms, a lego head and body but excellent gameplay than to play a game with excellent graphics and realism and it sux to play.
    That still doesn't excuse the fact that they created an unpolished and incomplete game. Subpar graphics are one thing, but terrible pop-in, staggering framerate and collision issues are something else entirely. The game is unpolished and that's a fact.

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    That's true... I guess... I wasn't expecting a game like NMH to have frame-rate and pop-in issues. The graphics are pretty cool looking but nothing spectacular (even for the Wii) so i didnt think it would have these problems.

The biggest thing im more worried about when I get this game in the future is how bad the frame rate is and the repetitiveness of the stupid odd jobs you have to do. Im not to fond of the idea of having to mow lawns, save kittens and work at a gas station. Pretty tedious IMO. Pop-in doesn't bother me as long as its not too bad. But since this thread was made, I guess its pretty bad if someone decides to make a thread asking about it :/
    Well you don't save kittens, you have one in your apartment
    Plus the odd jobs don't seem to take away much from the game so its not something to dread over.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomheart
    That still doesn't excuse the fact that they created an unpolished and incomplete game. Subpar graphics are one thing, but terrible pop-in, staggering framerate and collision issues are something else entirely. The game is unpolished and that's a fact.
    Thats funny, I don't remember reading its an unpolished and incomplete game anywhere. Like I said already and reviews have said, besides the pop ins are bad and the framerates are bad in certain places, the visuals are pretty good. Cell shading is done nicely, and colour was used very nicely as well. Quit it with the ludacris comments dude.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    The game is NOT unpolished.

Have you even played the game?

Pop-in, staggering framerate (I haven't come across this yet where it was significant) and collision issues are all apart of the graphics engine. That has nothing to do with the game design. If you want to say their graphics engine could've been optimized better coming from a technical standpoint, then you'd have the right to say so. But if you don't already know, cel-shading is not trivial. And before you ask, yes, I'm a graphics programmer..

-M

M'bating to Z Suit Samus Atomheart's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaderhack
    The game is NOT unpolished.

Have you even played the game?

Pop-in, staggering framerate (I haven't come across this yet where it was significant) and collision issues are all apart of the graphics engine. That has nothing to do with the game design. If you want to say their graphics engine could've been optimized better coming from a technical standpoint, then you'd have the right to say so. But if you don't already know, cel-shading is not trivial. And before you ask, yes, I'm a graphics programmer..

-M
    So horrid pop-in, unstable framerate, poor collision detection, etc. were intentional parts of the graphics engine? If not, the game is unpolished. It's as simple as that; I don't understand what you don't get.

Flaws such as those are inexcusable in every other game--why is that not the case with this game?

Member #
    Friends
    Their may be flaws but so far most reviews seem to agree that the game is great. So no matter how much you make say about the technical problems it doesn't make it a bad game or unpolished. No game is perfect and has its flaws, it just depends on the person on how they deal with those flaws. So far its got a 88/100 at metacritic. Probably not a spectacular game, but still pretty good, especially for a Wii game.

Edit: Then again not all player reviews seem to share the same enthusiam as the critics. They could have possibly overrated since its a rare type of game for the Wii? Who knows -.- I still wanna see what Game Informer thinks as I always agree with them.
    Last edited by T3kNi9e; 01-26-2008 at 02:53 AM.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    So horrid pop-in, unstable framerate, poor collision detection, etc. were intentional parts of the graphics engine? If not, the game is unpolished. It's as simple as that; I don't understand what you don't get.

Flaws such as those are inexcusable in every other game--why is that not the case with this game?
    Do you know why "pop-in" is even implemented in a game? The graphics card doesn't have much power as it is. Designing a graphics engine to take full advantage of the graphics card for a given type of game isn't trivial either. Suda 51 developed an engine for their type of open world that required pop-in to increase framerates. Collision detection would've killed the 3d engine's performance, and I guess they still couldn't optimize the game to it's peak since there are framerate issues in some scenes. So, did they not polish the game's graphics engine? Maybe, but what game has an open world, where you can drive at a fast speed, cel-shaded, and has a lot of objects on-screen at once for the Wii that runs better?

Even the famed Assassin's Creed had draw-in with it's characters. As you ran down the street, the closer you got to the "invisible" models, the more they would turn from transparent to opaque.. same type of graphics trick to save on framerate drops.

-M
    Last edited by Shaderhack; 01-26-2008 at 08:03 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    Their may be flaws but so far most reviews seem to agree that the game is great. So no matter how much you make say about the technical problems it doesn't make it a bad game or unpolished. No game is perfect and has its flaws, it just depends on the person on how they deal with those flaws. So far its got a 88/100 at metacritic. Probably not a spectacular game, but still pretty good, especially for a Wii game.

Edit: Then again not all player reviews seem to share the same enthusiam as the critics. They could have possibly overrated since its a rare type of game for the Wii? Who knows -.- I still wanna see what Game Informer thinks as I always agree with them.
    I guess the game isn't for you then.. it just got the lowest review score of all the reviews by GameInformer - 6.0

Ads