LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

No More Heroes Question about pop-in

When I'm riding the bike around town, the pop in is so bad that palm trees are appearing practically right beside me. Is this the same for you? I'm just making sure its not a bad disc.
    I'll kick your ass at Mortal Combat and Cooking Mama!

M'bating to Z Suit Samus Atomheart's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    There's no way it's a bad disc. Every disc is exactly identical. You could get scratches on it, but even then it wouldn't cause the problems you're describing.

That pop-in is there for everybody. The IGN review criticizes the game quite a bit for, whereas most other reviewers ignore it, I guess. But yeah, it's supposed to be bad, so I'm not surprised by what you describe.

This Suda dude didn't polish this turd too well.

Member #
    Friends
    Actually bad discs happen occasionally. I had one bad disc for Wii-The God Father. Took it back and the guy said it sometimes happens. Ideally the discs are identical but there is always a chance of error.

Member #
    Friends
    4614-1471-6665-4276
    i dont really understand what you guys mean by a pop in.

Member #
    Friends
    Thats when something, usually scenery appears suddenly in a game rather than fading in from a distance. Its most common in older racing games especially PS1, Cruisn USA was pretty bad too. Theres some even in MoH:H2.

Member #
    Friends
    It's when stuff pops in out of nowhere. It's been pretty bad in every open world Wii game (NMH, The Godfather, etc.). It's pretty much unacceptable on the current gen consoles, but expect it a lot on the Wii (moreso lazy developers than the hardware capabilities of the Wii). The graphics are pretty crappy in NMH, so it's obvious that the pop-in isn't due to hardware limitations but rather laziness and lack of polish. Unacceptable.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomheart
    It's when stuff pops in out of nowhere. It's been pretty bad in every open world Wii game (NMH, The Godfather, etc.). It's pretty much unacceptable on the current gen consoles, but expect it a lot on the Wii (moreso lazy developers than the hardware capabilities of the Wii). The graphics are pretty crappy in NMH, so it's obvious that the pop-in isn't due to hardware limitations but rather laziness and lack of polish. Unacceptable.
    You are at it again with your shinanegans....

It's official - you are a NMH troll!

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Graphics in the game did get praise though, like with the colour and the cell shading, the only downside was the pop ins and the poor framerates. There is no need to constantly bash the game.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaderhack
    You are at it again with your shinanegans....

It's official - you are a NMH troll!
    Hey, I'm being pretty objective here. The game has really bad pop-ins; that's a fact. It's completely unacceptable and very much indicitive of demonstrating a complete lack of polish. Even GTA3 on the PS2 had better pop-in (according to reviews). That game was early generation PS2 about 8 years ago. The world was WAY huger and more expansive with tons more going on to boot.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomheart
    Hey, I'm being pretty objective here. The game has really bad pop-ins; that's a fact. It's completely unacceptable and very much indicitive of demonstrating a complete lack of polish. Even GTA3 on the PS2 had better pop-in (according to reviews). That game was early generation PS2 about 8 years ago. The world was WAY huger and more expansive with tons more going on to boot.
    Pop in is minor. I'm more concerned with how the game plays. Which it seems almost every review agrees with..

Lack of polish is when you have a game with graphical power but is weak with it's gameplay (i.e. Crysis).

I'd rather play a simple bowling game looking at a character with no arms, a lego head and body but excellent gameplay than to play a game with excellent graphics and realism and it sux to play.

Ads