LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I'd also have to say Super Mario Galaxy. My wife and play it together and she collects stars, shoots enemies and "helps" me jump from time to time. It's a great example of a cooperative game. She typically won't play competitive games with me so SMG was a perfect choice. I wish I could find more games like it, that is, games where two players cooperate to complete the same task.

Member #
    Friends
    If you're not both big gamers, I agree that Mario Galaxy is great.

If you're both control freaks, it might not work. It can get a little frustrating for player 2; you can really only collect stars and freeze enemies, and occassionally help high jump (both press A at once) or shoot star bits at the rare obstacle affected by them. You have no control over movement, and although you can make Mario jump and spin normally, I can't imagine that would actually help player 1.

But for us it is perfect - I don't generally play games while alone and this is just the right level of involvement for me.

Member #
    Friends
    Thank you everyone! We both like to play and do things. We used to play WoW before we got our Wii and I think that's why we liked Lego Star Wars so much. So for that reason, I don't think Galaxy would work for us but we'll check it out just in case. I think we'll give Mario Strikers a look too. Thanks everyone! Now if June would hurry up and get here so we can get Lego Indiana Jones!

Catie

Member #
    Friends
    4076-9395-0234-2025
    Lego and Star Wars Fans eh.... what about the new Star Wars 'Force' game (I think thats what its called?)
    And I'm pretty sure its co-op.
    Make sure to check the Virtual Console for old-school gaming goodness, almost something for everyone there.

"If I had a dollar bill for everytime I was wrong, I'd be a self-made millionaire and I wouldn't be singing..."

M'bating to Z Suit Samus Atomheart's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Trauma Center: New Blood is supposed to have a great co-op mode. From what I understand, you can play through the whole game together.

That one shooter game (it has Galaxies in the title) might also interest you guys.

There is also Resident Evil Chronicles, but that's hardly appropriate for a 5 year old to watch.

Unfortunately, there isn't much in the way of good co-op games for the Wii. Hopefully, that will change.

Member #
    Friends
    I would rent Zack & Wiki.

Although it's not a 2-player game, it's puzzle based so both people can talk out the solutions (99% of the game is puzzle stuff, as opposed to platform jumping, etc.) while looking on screen.
    Last edited by Budo; 01-28-2008 at 11:23 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    Guitar hero III is always a good choice. can either be competive or co op. and even online.

Ads