LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by raisinghelen
    $30 still too much? Watch out for the moths when you open your wallet!

Zack & Wiki is one of the best third party games on Wii, everyone should buy it, if only to support more decent third party efforts.

I played it for a couple of hours last night and im enjoying it a lot so far, its a great puzzle game.
    Yes $30 is still too much. I got to the last level while renting it. Even assuming it takes a lot longer to beat the last level, doing that and finding all the hidden treasures is another week at most. Unfortunately, due to its length Zack and Wiki is a $15-$20 game because that's how much it would cost to rent it until I'm done with it. If it were twice as long, it would indeed be a $30 game.

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by hal2814
    Yes $30 is still too much. I got to the last level while renting it. Even assuming it takes a lot longer to beat the last level, doing that and finding all the hidden treasures is another week at most. Unfortunately, due to its length Zack and Wiki is a $15-$20 game because that's how much it would cost to rent it until I'm done with it. If it were twice as long, it would indeed be a $30 game.
    Going by that id guess that there are hardly any games that you would consider worth buying as virtually every game available can be completed within a week. Seems kind of crazy though if you would pay $20 to rent it but not $30 to buy it. You could have bought it for $30, completed it, then sold it for $20 and it would have only cost $10 to play instead of $20.

I think that anyone who begrudges paying $30 for a game must just be a real tightwad though, in fact they would probably have a coronary if they owned a 360 or PS3 because most of the games cost around $60!

Skinflints aside, everyone else should buy this game.

Ads