LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3099-0319-5478-2979

Balance Board and other Nintendo Game News

Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto is interviewed in the latest issue of Famitsu. While the interview, which was done to commemorate the magazine reaching issue number 1000, is mostly reflection, Miyamoto did give a few hints on future plans.

First, the Balance Wii Board, the peripheral that's included with Wii Fit. The magazine noted that Wii Fit has been quite the success story for Nintendo so far. To this, Miyamoto responded that if the game sees success overseas as well, Nintendo may end up releasing separate titles that make use of the peripheral.

The first title to use the Balance Board as an option actually hits Japan tomorrow in the form of Bandai Namco's Family Ski. Could a certain similarly themed Nintendo franchise be next?

The magazine also asked Miyamoto the inevitable question about sequels, and he gave the expected answer. In case you have to hear to to believe it, Miyamoto is indeed interested in making a Super Mario Galaxy sequel. He's also thinking about the next Zelda title.

Miyamoto also gave some vague hints as to Nintendo's plans for the DS this year. Nintendo plans to make it so that you'll be able to use your DS to do a number of interesting things in public spaces. He wouldn't get into specifics. Earlier in the interview, he shared a vision of Nintendo supporting DS owners by setting up servers to create a play environment that's shared between the home and outdoors.

Elsewhere in the interview, Miyamoto gave a special shout out to the games and creators that have caught his eye. Recently, he was impressed with Level 5's Professor Layton series and its producer, Akihiro Hino. Looking forward, he hopes players will take to the new style of play offered by Konami's Winning Eleven Play Maker 2008.
    Source

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    I don't think the Balance Board will fare so well with Americans like it did the Japanese. Personally, I think it looks pathetic, and couldn't possibly aid anyone in staying in shape.
    Sequels to Mario Galaxy and Zelda? That sounds awesome.

Member #
    Friends
    5930-2204-0713-5850
    wow is this like ur 3rd great unique article find today? Ion can you make this guy like have this job. the official "sweet articles about the wii finder" haha

Its not my fault im a fast reader

Who cares about that? i have brawl! FC: 0817-3472-1993. PM me if you add me.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamquest64
    I don't think the Balance Board will fare so well with Americans like it did the Japanese. Personally, I think it looks pathetic, and couldn't possibly aid anyone in staying in shape.
    Well, who knows, they may have some odd exercise following that will stimulate some muscle. I'll agree with you that it won't do so well in the US seeing as Japanese people are more known for their slim balanced lifestyles (haha, get it? balanced?).
    With much love, 261311.

Quote Originally Posted by JT.
    Maybe it's implying yoshi is an animal, and not just a mutated green prostitute mario likes to ride
    -=Join the Waluigi Fan Club=-

Ads