LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1442-6566-5981-1504
    Sorry giving Assassins Creed a 9.5 and then saying "Unfortunately, the repetition and lack of substance behind the flash left me cold." is so unbelievably inconsistent it makes a mockery of their ratings.

Mind you, i haven't believed a game review since 1997 and i won't start now.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by BeaNo_Sco
    Sorry giving Assassins Creed a 9.5 and then saying "Unfortunately, the repetition and lack of substance behind the flash left me cold." is so unbelievably inconsistent it makes a mockery of their ratings.

Mind you, i haven't believed a game review since 1997 and i won't start now.
    There you go! gaming is about playing not arguing about them and rating systems.

Member #
    Friends
    4614-1471-6665-4276
    T3kNi9e i think you should atleast rent it. you will be supporting third party games that way. rental stores have to pay a license fee, so its all good.

Member #
    Friends
    omg you looking for a crap review.

why wait who gives a damn we already seen about 100+ good reviews so 1 bad 1 not going to change the fate of the game.
    wii game playing: GH3
    wii friend code:1778 9634 2151 5464
    gh3 code:502628796471

Member #
    Friends
    3598-1913-0901-5292
    Using your own brain is a wonderful thing. A review is all the reviewer's own opinions and if it really wasn't his sort of game, it was always fated for a poor result. Although NMH isn't out here in the U.K. I don't think I'll pick it up. I tend to just check videos and screen shots of the game aswell as maybe the closing comments of an IGN review (although that's only to check there's not something terribly wrong with it). NMH just doesn't seem my type of a game but I can understand its appeal to other gamers. Not to mention the European release will have no blood or gore in it what so ever which naturally ruins it a bit.

Member #
    Friends
    singhson: I agree, yet not entirely. Reader reviews aka people who own the game reviews aren't always reliable either. Infact usually its not reliable at all. They usually react depending on how reviewers. For example Halo 3/Bioshock got such great reviews that readers were being haters and give it a 1. Also games that are really horrible, for example... WWE vs RAW 2008 got bad reviews but then you see player reviews claiming its a 10. Thats why I like critic reviews. Because I look at games the same way a nonbiased critic does. Same with movies :P

WiitnessID:
    Quote Originally Posted by WiitnessID
    Cool So why write a thread if you don't care about it?
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    Anyway, not posting this to flame the game, posting because I remember alot of others saying they wanted to see GI review.
    Does that answer your question?

You said you base your opinion on screenshots/videos/controller layout. Guess what? So do I, infact I do more than that. First when I hear about a game I first check wikipedia to see whats release date, genre, game modes, console, developer, etc. etc. Then I go to youtube/gametrailers and look at videos. Then I start reading reviews/previews about the game. I take all that, put it together to make a decision whether I buy a game.

You say, who's gonna buy anything if they listen to reviews. Well... the idiots can. Im pretty sure it doesn't make me the dumb one because I do research instead of looking at the box and buying it. Which btw... I have done that in the past with PS2 and I ended up with a shitload of trash games that I played once and tossed it. Some of those games I never finished.

Also I don't thnk you understood why I meant by me not caring. Simply even if its the greatest game ever, im not gonna regret buying it because I dont care that much about games. I couldn't afford to buy all the good games if I wanted to. I still haven't gotten Bioshock and that got a 10 at GI and overall score of 97/100. But I still don't care. Btw, whats up with all the "LOL", whats so funny?

BeaNo_Sco: SMG was repetitive also, but I guess because its Mario, its okay. As long as the "repetitive" thing is still fun it doesnt matter. But filling up gas is not a type of repetition I want to do. Also I find slack n hash games boring unless there is some type of award to it. For example a RPG game that gives you EXP for kills and you level up, find new items, etc. I personally liked both SMG's and AC's repetitive nature, AC was just plain fun and SMG has wierd innovative levels where you gotta get stars.

thas: yea im gonna rent it. I had 10 dollars to send a DS game to my brother so I have 8 dollars to throw away, im gonna go rent NMH. If I do like it, ill beat it and be done with it. I don't tend to come back to the same games unless the experience will be different or a long time passes by.

jimbo: no im not looking for a bad review, I was looking for GI review, I can't help it if they happen to give it a 6. Btw, your opinion doesn't even matter to me. Your that dipshit that threaten me with a shotty lol

Spinty: I agree, but sadly im still in college so I get very little money working a lame job. So I don't have the money to be spending $50-$60 on new games. So I can't be the one to buy any game and make my own opinion. I will end up buying alot of crap games than good games. Then that would be a waste of money.
    Last edited by T3kNi9e; 01-31-2008 at 04:39 PM.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    4614-1471-6665-4276
    ^damn, what an answer. tackled everyone.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    singhson: I agree, yet not entirely. Reader reviews aka people who own the game reviews aren't always reliable either. Infact usually its not reliable at all. They usually react depending on how reviewers. For example Halo 3/Bioshock got such great reviews that readers were being haters and give it a 1. Also games that are really horrible, for example... WWE vs RAW 2008 got bad reviews but then you see player reviews claiming its a 10. Thats why I like critic reviews. Because I look at games the same way a nonbiased critic does. Same with movies :P

WiitnessID:

Does that answer your question?

You said you base your opinion on screenshots/videos/controller layout. Guess what? So do I, infact I do more than that. First when I hear about a game I first check wikipedia to see whats release date, genre, game modes, console, developer, etc. etc. Then I go to youtube/gametrailers and look at videos. Then I start reading reviews/previews about the game. I take all that, put it together to make a decision whether I buy a game.

You say, who's gonna buy anything if they listen to reviews. Well... the idiots can. Im pretty sure it doesn't make me the dumb one because I do research instead of looking at the box and buying it. Which btw... I have done that in the past with PS2 and I ended up with a shitload of trash games that I played once and tossed it. Some of those games I never finished.

Also I don't thnk you understood why I meant by me not caring. Simply even if its the greatest game ever, im not gonna regret buying it because I dont care that much about games. I couldn't afford to buy all the good games if I wanted to. I still haven't gotten Bioshock and that got a 10 at GI and overall score of 97/100. But I still don't care. Btw, whats up with all the "LOL", whats so funny?

BeaNo_Sco: SMG was repetitive also, but I guess because its Mario, its okay. As long as the "repetitive" thing is still fun it doesnt matter. But filling up gas is not a type of repetition I want to do. Also I find slack n hash games boring unless there is some type of award to it. For example a RPG game that gives you EXP for kills and you level up, find new items, etc. I personally liked both SMG's and AC's repetitive nature, AC was just plain fun and SMG has wierd innovative levels where you gotta get stars.

thas: yea im gonna rent it. I had 10 dollars to send a DS game to my brother so I have 8 dollars to throw away, im gonna go rent NMH. If I do like it, ill beat it and be done with it. I don't tend to come back to the same games unless the experience will be different or a long time passes by.

jimbo: no im not looking for a bad review, I was looking for GI review, I can't help it if they happen to give it a 6. Btw, your opinion doesn't even matter to me. Your that dipshit that threaten me with a shotty lol

Spinty: I agree, but sadly im still in college so I get very little money working a lame job. So I don't have the money to be spending $50-$60 on new games. So I can't be the one to buy any game and make my own opinion. I will end up buying alot of crap games than good games. Then that would be a waste of money.

After saying all that and slaving over countless videos and every thing you still let one review decide what you wanted to do in the end. Either you wasted your time researching it or you are lieing...LOL Hey if GI is you gaming bible I understand no problems with that. And no if you did all of that research then there was some thing about this game you liked. Hey thanks for spreading the news though. Lots of people rely on GI for reviews...

Also too if you are at school go and look for the It jobs on campus... They are easy jobs believe me and very flexible. Good luck with school and I see your issue a little now. I skipped the saturn and got a n64. It's hard going to school and really if you can ax a game off the list then thats a good thing. Hey but when it's $12 you'll pick it up then.

Also good luck with school man what is your major by the way?

Member #
    Friends
    I didn't research for hours :/ It only takes like 30 mins the first time then after updates it takes few minutes at a time. The research was leaning 50/50, but GI review made my decision.

But yea I do wait until price drops to pick up those games I didn't buy. I just don't like buying games at full price unless im really sure about it.

Im majoring Automotive Technology. I wanna get a normal job at a garage while renewing old muscle cars for myself. Along with doing side jobs for people for extra cash. Then in the future have my own garage of course :P
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    3732-3369-2853-4491
    Quote Originally Posted by CantGetAWii
    I wouldn't be so quick to jump in and quote him.
    Considering he also said IGN ("your go to review site") can also be biased or has been in the past. Also, you talk about advertising? IGN has mad No More Heroes ads all over the site, some sites cannot be trusted clearly.
    idk if you were referring to IGN being biased, but i specifically remember matt from IGN talking about how they dont do that crap, their ad team is totally different from their review team i think. either way IGN is deff the least biased review site or even publication out there IMO.

Game informer has been crap for years.
    Strikers FC:025884-970933
    RIP: Hidden in Plain View, Counterfit Pennies, The Early November

thanks to idjut for the sig!

Ads