LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    You expect "Matt" to admit different?

Anyway, I heard/read about it on a post over a penny arcade. They had a statement from the guy who did it also. This was a few months back though. Anyway I don't entirely like IGN (though I dont hate them) because they have a "Wii team" that reviews Wii games. So when they rate the games they rate it compared to other Wii quality games instead of quality in overall games. Game Informer rates and reviews all console games as if all the games were on one console. So there's no "Its a great game... for the Wii" Its either a great game overall or not. Seeing as I own Wii/PS3/360 I dont want a review based on just Wii, but all games in general.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    3080-8261-2528-7278
    *Sigh* I must be the oddball. I shelled out 50 bucks for a game that sits on my shelf. I can't get into this game. None of us here at college like it too much.
    "An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals. That's all."- Shigeru Miyamoto

Quote Originally Posted by k3Ck
    Beatle Adventure Racing

the best racing game that no1 played

Member #
    Friends
    Ouch :/ Thats exactly what I can't afford to do seeing as I dont have a REAL job yet. Maybe in the future when I have money to waste, but right now that would truly be unacceptable. I start to really feel bad when that happens. I even try to psych myself out and try really really hard to like a game so I dont feel like its a waste.
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    3080-8261-2528-7278
    ^^ I know exactly what you mean. I sat down an entire evening trying to find the genius in the game, but I couldn't. I do feel bad because that money could have gone for something better...Rag on me all you want, but this game is overrated.
    "An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals. That's all."- Shigeru Miyamoto

Quote Originally Posted by k3Ck
    Beatle Adventure Racing

the best racing game that no1 played

Member #
    Banned by Syntax for no reason, all subscribed threads and own started threads deleted by Syntax
    Friends
    4237-4091-4421-2313
    I think, in summary, "T3kNi9e", surely you'd agree, that one size does not fit all?
    To an extent this applies to game critics, simply because one critic may without knowing may be biased, it's not like a commentator, a critic has to review and give "his" unbiased conclusion of the game. Basically what i'm saying is that Certain sritic's work for Certain people, and they work very well for them, but not for all, i mean what if a mother was looking for a game for his son.
    The elements of a game she'll be looking for are not graphics or goryness, it might just be price.
    For me, i'm just looking for a good multiplayer games, and DBZ games too, LOL.

In conclusion, i think, everyones got thier own style and way of doing there own research and making decisions on which games to purchase, because we can't all afford to buy the first thing that catches our eyes.
    I think it's healthy that your introducing a new critic though, I'll hold this GI critic in high regard, because i do think everyone was hyping it up too!
    It's healthy to have more than one source of info too.
    And you don't agree with any opinions i heard some people just rent em!
    Last edited by Singhson; 02-01-2008 at 03:12 AM.
    ----------Banned by Syntax----------

Member #
    Friends
    threatened you with a shooty? wat

lol

i just meant theres like a lot of good reviews this wont stop many people buying thegames i dont see sales falling much buy it.
    wii game playing: GH3
    wii friend code:1778 9634 2151 5464
    gh3 code:502628796471

Member #
    Friends
    It can go both ways...

It's possible that an abnormally high score has something else driving it besides the actual content and enjoyability of the game. Advertising revenue being the most obvious.

It's also possible that an abnormally low score has something else driving it besides the actual content and enjoyability of the game i.e. "We see things that no other game reviewer can see; we are smarterer than the rest."

It's also cool to hate on what's popular at the time for some people. Not that they necessarily hate what they're hating on, they just want to be different than the majority of the crowd.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashwii00
    ^^ I know exactly what you mean. I sat down an entire evening trying to find the genius in the game, but I couldn't. I do feel bad because that money could have gone for something better...Rag on me all you want, but this game is overrated.
    See thats why you don't buy stuff based on reviews! You rent it or either educate your self about it. Lots of people will hate this game and lots will like it so it seems. It's like tom clancy players be won't like quake 3 because it's unrealistic. Really this game is made for people thats around suda age. We are out of school and we are making money and we miss this kind of game. You have to remember every reviewer does not think exactly as you do. So why buy a game based off of a review? Do you go to an art gallery with out knowing what they art is about?

For you to like this game you are going to have to love the characters and the bosses and the craziness. This is key... It's sort of reminds me of how game design was back in the day. You didn't worry about the back ground much and you actually would rather it contrast with the characters and all of the art was thrown into the character art. A building was a building nothing more...

Another thing too is why the hell are you looking for genius? Go play killer 7 for that this is suda going mindless hardcore with a twist.. like punk.. LOL daf punk even.... LOL The story is pretty entertaining for a game story too... Since you have it you should play it more it may grow on you. This game is not for conservatives at all. A lot is not spelled out for you so if you are really hardcore then you will get it because thats what the whole game is about... he is an otaku if you know what that means and kotaku isn't even close to what a real otaku is.

WiiChat Writer
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0409-5781-9484-0073
    I rented this game a week ago, and it was a decent game. Enjoyable at parts, but boring in others. There's plenty of blood and gore to go around, and the graphics are up-par. Gameplay is slow at times, but enjoyable nevertheless. I'd give it around a 7.5-8 at most.

Also, I'm wondering if Gamespot actually gave NMH a 9.0 to get their site more revenue and popularity...I just wonder..

Xbox Live: RivalDestiny
    PSN: RivalDestiny
    Wii FC: 0409 5781 9484 0073

Member #
    Friends
    I didnt make my decision 100% on GI. It was going 50/50 and GI just tipped it for me. The style of the game is unique but I wasn't really feeling it that much. Their were things making me like it and dislike it and GI just helped me make that last decision.

Ads