LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

NMH....oh, I mean Button Mash 5000

Yes another comment about NMH. I rented this game, and I'm glad I did. So far, this game is very repetitive and extremely aggravating. I mean, it should of been called button mash 5,000. Please tell me something else happens in the game that takes away from this button mashing. On top of that, all the driving around is a complete waste of time and I think the only reason they put all that in there was to make up for the loss of substance from just mashing away. I will give it this, No More Heroes has good style and the storyline is trendy in a Kill Bill kinda way. In short, if you love playing the same boss over and over again doing the same moves to kill them, than get this game. I think the major reason critics gave this game a good review was because of the storyline and style. The gameplay falls short, but the style and storyline may keep you going. I would have to agree with the GI review.
    Last edited by thechi444; 02-02-2008 at 08:17 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    good to see a player review. thanks.

Member #
    Friends
    5295-8320-2788-9441
    I respect your opinion and all but I don't think it's a button masher. sure, you press A a lot of times but it's not exactly to the button mashing point. And on the boss fights you can't button mash to win......I personally love the game, and so did Adam (X-Play)

Favorite Wiichat Members: Leve, CyanRussel, Wario2000, Frogger, Marioman, Mushroomed, SSBB_Lover, Axtlar, Brawny, and balrogs.pa

Smash Bros Brawl Friendcode: 3222 5243 1228

[SIZE="4"]PM me if you have added me

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoko
    I respect your opinion and all but I don't think it's a button masher. sure, you press A a lot of times but it's not exactly to the button mashing point. And on the boss fights you can't button mash to win......I personally love the game, and so did Adam (X-Play)
    good to hear another side.....on that note, for the bosses, it's more like hit, hit, hit, run away and charge your weapon, dodge to the side, hit, hit, hit, run away and charge your weapon. While trying to grab your opponent here and there to pull a wrestling move.
    Last edited by thechi444; 02-02-2008 at 08:54 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    5295-8320-2788-9441
    ^I've never had to do that. You actually don't have to charge it up a lot, since there's those battery things you can pick up. Matter-of-fact, I didn't charge it up once during the whole 1st level, including the boss fight.

Favorite Wiichat Members: Leve, CyanRussel, Wario2000, Frogger, Marioman, Mushroomed, SSBB_Lover, Axtlar, Brawny, and balrogs.pa

Smash Bros Brawl Friendcode: 3222 5243 1228

[SIZE="4"]PM me if you have added me

Member #
    Friends
    LOL wait till you get to the 3rd boss! Before you call it a button masher beat it. Very simple yet not a push over... just the way a brawler should be. I'm wondering why is it aggravating though? Is it too hard? I think the fighting works, so does lots of other players?

Member #
    Friends
    I'm glad you posted though.

Member #
    Friends
    2471-2296-0571-1683
    the game was so thrown together
    mario strikers fc: 382373-828946
    gh3 fc:167629300011

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    4855-3513-2198-8739
    Thats the whole feeling I get as well! And what the topic-starter said.
    Tip of the day:
    A big mistake a lot of you make is that wiiware games will be free.

Wiiware is just the same like the virtual console. Its different in that it offers new games instead of old console games.

I can think of some easy games ( Like tetris and some other in that direction ) that can be free but the majority will cost money.

Member #
    Friends
    it starts out as a button masher, but as you progress you have to get out of your little comfort zone and come up with strategies, especially with the last two bosses. They block and dodge A LOT.

The game was made more of an inside joke/fan service to lovers of all things otaku and video game related, there's a lot of 4th wall breaking going on. It's meant to be more of an interactive entertainment piece than a challenging super game. But it kinda succeeds at both. Once you beat it (maybe before I dont know I didn't pay attention) you can go back all over the city and scavenge for these trading cards that will show you behind the scenes content and stuff, so there is some replay value if you're into that sorta thing. I know you could get some trading cards during the initial run of the game, but I'm not totally sure the bonus stuff was out there before you beat it.

I beat it on easiest mode and still had difficulty with the last few bosses, mostly because the game doesn't make it quite clear what you're supposed to do in order to beat them, you have to figure it out for yourself through trial and error and kind of watch for their attack patterns and stuff, which I like it's more like a real fight that way. I have to go back and try it on a harder difficulty now, which wont be that hard this time because just like RE4 you get to keep all your weapons and junk when you start a new game.

Ads