LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4076-9395-0234-2025
    Yer dude, its just some focus effect, all those backgrounds are MEANT to be blurred, so your eyes focus on the gun, or the dude's face.
    Its easier to say Wii would be capable of a PS2 version with some slightly higher-res textures, and slightly greater draw distance, rather than say Wii would be capable of a 'detuned' PS3 version of the game. Too much would have to be removed and altered to make a PS3 title work on Wii.

So no, this doesnt look like a Wii game, its just some fancy effects to make the 'camera' seem more like a movie rather than a game.

"If I had a dollar bill for everytime I was wrong, I'd be a self-made millionaire and I wouldn't be singing..."

2. Ads

M'bating to Z Suit Samus Atomheart's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo
    ^ yes and no

you do need to turn down things like physics and how much stuff can go on at once because of the wiis limited processer power.

but cars in the distance that would happen..think of zelda trees in the distance weren't blurry
    Turn down the physics? LOL! Do you realize what that would involve? It's not like "physics" is on some slider switch or something.

It would entail rewriting all of the physics code. Therefore, you should easily understand why no developer wants to port PS3/360 games to the Wii (and why many/most don't want to develop for the Wii).

Member #
    Friends
    3732-3369-2853-4491
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo
    ^ yes and no

you do need to turn down things like physics and how much stuff can go on at once because of the wiis limited processer power.

but cars in the distance that would happen..think of zelda trees in the distance weren't blurry
    Yeah but I'm playing MGS4 and I'm like snap, i could blow that car up, and I can. You gotta be able to do more than just look at it. You can't like make a tree explode in zelda.
    Strikers FC:025884-970933
    RIP: Hidden in Plain View, Counterfit Pennies, The Early November

thanks to idjut for the sig!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    Many of those blurs are apparent for a reason. Focals.

The Wii couldn't run anywhere near that. The processor just couldn't handle the technology going into it. Graphics, physics and much more would have to go and then it wouldn't even be worth it.

Member #
    Friends
    Yea trees in Zelda are like inanimate objects. Nothing can be done to it. You can even put cut marks into them.

But when a object is somewhat "animate" then you can actually do something to it.

But since im not a game designer I can't really explain it because im not 100% sure about how it works, I just know some basic things from what I read.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    Yea trees in Zelda are like inanimate objects. Nothing can be done to it. You can even put cut marks into them.

But when a object is somewhat "animate" then you can actually do something to it.

But since im not a game designer I can't really explain it because im not 100% sure about how it works, I just know some basic things from what I read.
    Shall we talk about wire framing and mapping?

xD
    --
    This sort of thing is really complicated so don't expect some awe inspiring game in this front as the wiis little processor just wouldn't take well to it. I say little but that doesn't mean we won't get jaw dropping games like MP3, SMG and Cruis'n

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by WiitnessID
    Also what if you got a metal gear that pushed the Wii's graphics rather than try and look like a PS3 game? Would you guys even want that? After no more hero's I'm looking forward to more freakiness! metal gear looked just fine on the GC. Just wondering because it would be a shame to see metal gear end up like UT3...LOL
    I play the MGS series for two reasons, amazing game-play and storyline/ plots. Graphics is always a bonus on the MGS series, besides: those graphics look better than MGS:3 so it doesn't much matter now does it? :P

I'm psyched.
    With much love, 261311.

Quote Originally Posted by JT.
    Maybe it's implying yoshi is an animal, and not just a mutated green prostitute mario likes to ride
    -=Join the Waluigi Fan Club=-

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by WiitnessID
    Also what if you got a metal gear that pushed the Wii's graphics rather than try and look like a PS3 game? Would you guys even want that? After no more hero's I'm looking forward to more freakiness! metal gear looked just fine on the GC. Just wondering because it would be a shame to see metal gear end up like UT3...LOL
    What do you mean end up like UT3?
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    ^^UT3 was an excellent game with great visuals so how'd ending up like it be bad? Heck, I'd want UT3s.

Member #
    Friends
    Yea, the only thing that was bad (according to what ive read/heard) was that it had a crappy single player campaign. But who buys Unreal Tournament for the campaign?

Ads