LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Good luck finding yours up there in Mooseland.

I didn't even realize there was still a shortage until this last weekend. I bought a new HDTV and said "I'd might as well get a Wii to go with this." The sales associate at Best Buy gave me that "Yeah, SURE you will buddy" look and explained to me the situation.

That was Friday night. Saturday morning I woke up and called every retailer as they opened to find out if they had Wii's and, if they didn't (none of them did), I'd also ask how many they usually got in their shipments and when the delivery trucks would come in. I was able to get mine Sunday morning of that same weekend. I don't know if this will help you in Canada (US-FL here), but maybe somebody will find my results useful.

All retailers confirmed orders of Wii's come in THREES. All confirmed no reserving (first come, first serve).

Gamestop/EB: Get their trucks M-F, never announce when they have Wii's since usually small shipments, and orders come in between 10AM-2PM (if they're really late).

Wal-Mart: Delivery truck comes in on Wednesday and/or Sunday, but three different Wal-Marts confirmed Wii's only come in on the Wednesday delivery. Truck arrives 10AM.

Target, Circuit City, Best Buy: Sometimes go weeks without getting any Wii's in. When they do, they'll have them posted in the weekly ads. HOWEVER, because the supply of Wii's is very low, don't be fooled into thinking that they'll have plenty: THEY WON'T. The line started forming 4 hours before the Circuit City opened this last weekend and they had 30 people in line before 10AM (only 15 Wii's though, their prior shipment a month before that was only 6). If they don't have them in their weekly ads, it's either because they didn't receive a shipment or they received a very small shipment and want to wait for more to come in. In other words, the probability of them selling them increases with each week so if you don't see them in their ads for two weeks, keep checking and when you will they'll have enough to justify it (but not enough to keep them on the shelf for more than one day).

K-mart and CompUSA: Never researched them since they aren't even competent enough to handle phone transfers to their electronics/game departments.

Hope this helps someone and hope everybody likes my first post on these forums.

Member #
    Friends
    Your post helped me greatly isomewiid Ill call everyday around the time you said and Ill see if it fits what you told me.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by sagema
    Lol Raider704! That made my day.

Rep for you.
    Your day must suck.

Trading my Wii again! Come on home 360!
    Games: Metroid Prime 3, Super Paper Mario, Ghost Squad, Link's Crossbow Training + Wii Zapper, Geometry Wars, Battalion Wars 2

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlfx
    Your post helped me greatly isomewiid Ill call everyday around the time you said and Ill see if it fits what you told me.
    Yeah, that's the gist of everything I said. It never hurts to call Gamestop (or other retailers that get M-F Wii's) every day and just ask. Hell, it never hurts to call anybody unless they tell you the truck only comes in on X day.

Best of luck!

EDIT: Post your results here so other Canadians have a good reference, too. Don't be surprised if your results are different than mine since we're using two separate postal carriers (UPS and FedEx here in the states)
    Last edited by ismokewiid; 02-05-2008 at 01:33 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    No wiis in Canada!!!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by ismokewiid
    Yeah, that's the gist of everything I said. It never hurts to call Gamestop (or other retailers that get M-F Wii's) every day and just ask. Hell, it never hurts to call anybody unless they tell you the truck only comes in on X day.

Best of luck!

EDIT: Post your results here so other Canadians have a good reference, too. Don't be surprised if your results are different than mine since we're using two separate postal carriers (UPS and FedEx here in the states)
    When you say M-F you mean monday to friday right?
    Ill keep on calling everyday until they have some in stores then Ill post the results, I just hope it wont take too long.

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlfx
    I live in canada and all the stores near where I live are Wii-Empty.
    I asked in all these stores when they expect their next shipment and nobody knew when.

I'm going to call 3 stores daily from now on.

Does anyone have an idea of what days during the week they recieve their shipments??

I really need help.

Thanks
    Thats what its going to take my friend.
    I found myself doing that from December 2006-April 2007. I also live in Canada, and you just get lucky when you find stores with Wii's coming in.
    Hopefully you get yours sooner than I did though.

I got mine from Best Buy if it helps, they for the most part were good and quite friendly.

Good luck!

Also in the future, when asking questions about the Wii itself they should go here:
    www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-chat
    Last edited by CantGetAWii; 02-05-2008 at 03:02 PM.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    Please send all where to find a wii discussion;
    Here

Your best bet is to keep calling stores daily. DO NOT PAY OVER THE ODDS.

Ads