LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 18 of 18
  1. #11
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzz AutumnWind's Avatar
    Member #
    49049
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    160
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5820-3895-0352-0420
    Smash Bros Brawl = the solution to ALL multiplayer gaming needs for the next fifteen years.
    SSBB FC: 3050-7266-1269 - Add me. Msg me with your code if you do My nickname is AWZ!
    PES 2009 FC: 1548-0990-5835

  2. #12
    Got lifeboat? sremick's Avatar
    Member #
    27061
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Vermont, USA
    Posts
    1,130
    Friends
    25
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by AutumnWind
    Smash Bros Brawl = the solution to ALL multiplayer gaming needs for the next fifteen years.
    Not everyone likes one-on-one fighting games of that sort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

  3. #13
    WiiChat Member hal2814's Avatar
    Member #
    46196
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    130
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    For the price you could rent a game, you could download Bomberman '93 on the VC. It's as good as the SNES version in my opinion and it can support up to 5 players (with at least one Gamecube controller). It's so simple but so addictive.

  4. #14
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzz AutumnWind's Avatar
    Member #
    49049
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    160
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5820-3895-0352-0420
    Quote Originally Posted by sremick
    Not everyone likes one-on-one fighting games of that sort.
    Yes. Yes, everyone does. If they don't, they actually do but just don't know it yet.

    On a more serious note, I wonder where you got the impression that Smas Bros was a 1-on-1 fighting game? I'm going to assume that you've never even played it before. Correct if I'm wrong.
    SSBB FC: 3050-7266-1269 - Add me. Msg me with your code if you do My nickname is AWZ!
    PES 2009 FC: 1548-0990-5835

  5. #15
    Got lifeboat? sremick's Avatar
    Member #
    27061
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Vermont, USA
    Posts
    1,130
    Friends
    25
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by AutumnWind
    On a more serious note, I wonder where you got the impression that Smas Bros was a 1-on-1 fighting game? I'm going to assume that you've never even played it before. Correct if I'm wrong.
    It was from what I read before plus the videos I saw. On revisiting the IGN page I see you can have 4-way fights but it's still a fighting game, not about working through levels and such but focused just on you fighting some other guy with special moves and such in various settings, seeing who can get the others' health down to 0 first.

    I'm not saying I won't buy it... I used to play games like that a long time ago... but I'd hardly call it the ultimate party game. Wii Sports, Mario Party or Guitar Hero would be better. I'm not enthused though about the uncreative way that SSBB uses the Wii controller... you'd think they'd actually take advantage of it somehow, at lease use the nunchuk and analog stick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

  6. #16
    The "Real" Tech Support Clarke's Avatar
    Member #
    36137
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    224
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4185-4226-9233-5237
    Quote Originally Posted by sremick
    It was from what I read before plus the videos I saw. On revisiting the IGN page I see you can have 4-way fights but it's still a fighting game, not about working through levels and such but focused just on you fighting some other guy with special moves and such in various settings, seeing who can get the others' health down to 0 first.

    I'm not saying I won't buy it... I used to play games like that a long time ago... but I'd hardly call it the ultimate party game. Wii Sports, Mario Party or Guitar Hero would be better. I'm not enthused though about the uncreative way that SSBB uses the Wii controller... you'd think they'd actually take advantage of it somehow, at lease use the nunchuk and analog stick.
    No offense but you need to do more research before saying things. First of all you don't have health (unless you do stamina mode). It's mostly about knocking your opponent out of the arena. Also you can work your way through levels in the subspace emissary mode which you can do cooperativly with another player.

    It is true that Brawl might not be everyone's game. But the same can be said about EVERY game ever made. Obviously you haven't played a super smash bros game before so I don't think you would know how it would fare at a party. Also why is it not a good game because it doesn't use the controller "intuitively". Does this mean all game before Wii were completely terrible because you can't point the controller at the screen to control the game? This really shows you don't understand the game.

  7. #17
    WiiChat Member idok's Avatar
    Member #
    34881
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    141
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by flight1991
    well that to..
    lol

    Theres plenty like Warioware,Smart pants,Rayman raving rabbids 1 & 2,Carnival games and maybe a bit of brain academy.

  8. #18
    Got lifeboat? sremick's Avatar
    Member #
    27061
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Vermont, USA
    Posts
    1,130
    Friends
    25
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarke
    No offense but you need to do more research before saying things. First of all you don't have health (unless you do stamina mode). It's mostly about knocking your opponent out of the arena. Also you can work your way through levels in the subspace emissary mode which you can do cooperativly with another player.
    Well whether it's health, stamina, or knocking someone out of a ring, it's still the same genre of game: a "fighting game". Not a game of levels or puzzles or quests or a sports game or FPS or whatnot. This is a certain category of game and SSBB is one of them. It doesn't have to be a clone of Mortal Kombat to fit the genre.

    It is true that Brawl might not be everyone's game. But the same can be said about EVERY game ever made.
    Was I denying that? The question was, what would be the ultimate party game. Meaning, what game would have the highest chance of universal appeal. Not the game that would 100% appeal to everyone.

    Also why is it not a good game because it doesn't use the controller "intuitively". Does this mean all game before Wii were completely terrible because you can't point the controller at the screen to control the game? This really shows you don't understand the game.
    Again, putting words in my mouth. Read again what I wrote. I said I wasn't enthused about it not making better use of the Wii controller's abilities. I didn't say the game wasn't good because of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

is mario party 8 good for teens

Click on a term to search for related topics.