LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Personally I think Nintendo's VC software is great. If I had to pick from buying only VC games or only Wii games I think ill go with the VC hands down. Which is making me wonder why the hell I havent bought any Wii points yet... o.O
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

2. Ads

M'bating to Z Suit Samus Atomheart's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbz911
    what are you talking about
    obviously you dont own it
    if you buy a wii do you own nintendo?
    its yours
    do whatever you want with it
    renting is if you borrow it then give it back
    LOL! That's a terrible analogy. When I buy a Wii I don't own Nintendo, obviously. But I DO own my Wii. I can do whatever I want with it. I can take it anywhere I want. Play it anywhere I want. Whatever.

With a VC download, you can play it only on their terms on your console. If you were the owner of the game, you'd be able to do what you want with it, such as borrowing it to a friend. Can you borrow VC games to friends or anyone for that matter? No. You don't own it. You simply purchased the license to play it. You do NOT own the game.

Member #
    Friends
    8480-0209-2306-3955
    atomheart, type in "sd card" next time you're on google.

Currently Playing:
    The Conduit
    Call of Duty: World at War

Member #
    Friends
    shut the fk up..... jesus

10M amazing!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomheart
    Wait...

People rent the crap that Nintendo shovels onto VC? Wow. So unless they rented 10 million downloads of the Mario and Zelda games, I don't get it. 95% of what's on there is a giant pile of cow dung. Seriously.
    Sounds like you are one of those people who thinks that video games only came into existance when the PS2 was released. They actually existed for many years before that and a lot of the VC games are considered to be classics by many people.

Some of the games may be too hardcore for some as 80's and 90's games were notoriously difficult, Ghosts 'n Goblins for example (although I completed it when it was released) but they are made a little easier on VC by the added save game features.

As for the rental comment, you do actually own the game when you buy it as you can delete it and then download it again for free. Nintendo can also transfer the VC games to another Wii if you ever need to replace it.

10 million sold is a lot but what I really want to know is when will Pilotwings make it to the VC?

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomheart
    <insert useless contradictory arguements that make no sense and make you look like...>

*sigh* you need help. You can take your VC games anywhere, you just take your Wii, you do own it, you have bought it. You do not own exclusive rights to it, no one said that's what they meant. Atom, be quiet.

@AOW you can't transport via SD unless they have the VC game in question.

As per the VC records, very nice indeed. I do agree that Wii will need to release an external hard-drive (or make current ones on the market compatible) to succeed as a lot of Wii fanatics are quickly running out of disc-space.
    With much love, 261311.

Quote Originally Posted by JT.
    Maybe it's implying yoshi is an animal, and not just a mutated green prostitute mario likes to ride
    -=Join the Waluigi Fan Club=-

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by AoWFraggit
    atomheart, type in "sd card" next time you're on google.
    Can you put a VC game on a card and bring it to a friends house and play it? Can you transfer the VC game from one Wii to another? If you truly owned the game, don't you think you should be able to do that?

Heck, you can't even play VC games off of the SD card; they're just for backup.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by 261311

*sigh* you need help. You can take your VC games anywhere, you just take your Wii, you do own it, you have bought it. You do not own exclusive rights to it, no one said that's what they meant. Atom, be quiet.

@AOW you can't transport via SD unless they have the VC game in question.

As per the VC records, very nice indeed. I do agree that Wii will need to release an external hard-drive (or make current ones on the market compatible) to succeed as a lot of Wii fanatics are quickly running out of disc-space.
    So if you actually own a VC game, what does that mean for actual game cartridges? Do you SUPER own them? Because you can't say that "owning" a VC game is equivalent to owning an actual game? Right?

Man, I forgot how infuriatingly difficult it can be to try to reason with children...

Member #
    Friends
    WOW sweet! I wonder what people are buying. Thats like two VC games for every Wii huh? Crazy... I know I'm having fun with it. I would blow the money on movies anyway so this is great. Looks like Wiiware better get rolling and some kind of solution for expanding the frig to a walk in freezer would be nice.

I'm not going to comment on the OWNAGE of a VC game.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by WiitnessID
    WOW sweet! I wonder what people are buying. Thats like two VC games for every Wii huh? Crazy... I know I'm having fun with it. I would blow the money on movies anyway so this is great. Looks like Wiiware better get rolling and some kind of solution for expanding the frig to a walk in freezer would be nice.

I'm not going to comment on the OWNAGE of a VC game.

It's actually 1 game per 2 Wii's. But I'm sure that it's primarily driven up by hardcore users who purchase the licenses to tons of VC games. I know that there is at least one person in the VC forum here who has purchased the licenses of pretty much every VC game...

Waste of money I say...but whatever.

Ads