LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse
    I don't need exact realism to enjoy the game more. I have just as much fun playing Metroid on the wii as I do playing Doom 3 on my pc. The difference is I enjoy Doom more because I immerse myself better BECAUSE of the better controls I get with a mouse. The wiimote does not offer a superior scheme in this area. Sure, it's better then analog, but not the mouse. I am NOT immersed more by using the wiimote, because it LACKS the same precision that a mouse offers.

Perhaps instead of best, the OP should of used another word that wasn't so broad, like authentic. In this case, best means the most fun, as it did for other posters. I have the most fun with a mouse. I support this claim because of the precision I get with the control of a mouse. The wiimote does not offer this. If this argument was about the wiimote offering a more authentic fps experience over a mouse, then I'd agree, but according to the title of the thread, it's not.
    Let me guess--you've never actually fired a gun or rifle in real life, right? Spent your formative years within arm's reach of a keyboard and mouse, I bet. A First-Person Shooter is about twitching that mouse around to move that on-screen cursor. It has *nothing* to do with pointing and aiming a weapon. I truly am concerned about Gen Z and their misplaced concept of 'experience.'

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMoze
    Let me guess--you've never actually fired a gun or rifle in real life, right? Spent your formative years within arm's reach of a keyboard and mouse, I bet. A First-Person Shooter is about twitching that mouse around to move that on-screen cursor. It has *nothing* to do with pointing and aiming a weapon. I truly am concerned about Gen Z and their misplaced concept of 'experience.'
    Typical limited assumption from a limited minded individual. During my 4 years of military service, I fired enough weapons to probably have a better understanding then most of the whining toddlers on these forums ((yourself included)). Unlike, what seems to be your red neck response, I've never felt the need to brag about using such weapons in my personal life. Maybe you should put the wiimote down and go back to duck hunting with your hillbilly friends.

Again, if you read ALL my previous posts, then maybe you could muster up a better response that isn't so weak.

I said the best is different from the most realistic, and the OP agreed rewording the title of the thread would of caused less confusion. Next time try READING the thread before responding.

"I am the rocks of the eternal shore. Crash against me and be broken!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Ads