LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8244-2285-2713-6668
    Just to point out (hopefully it'll end with me) that if every thread is flooded w/ SSBB like this thread was then it's pretty ridiculous >.>;; anyways let's ignore my two cents : )

I don't know of much of overlooked games but Endless Oceans looks interesting. I'm still debating whether I should get it or not. It could be a decent game for my family to play. To those who owns it: How long does it last?(or is it like animal crossing of sort) Are the area big and filled with interesting stuff? From the clips I can't really tell heheh

Member #
    Friends
    2652-0001-8231-6800
    I've played about 15 hours of endless ocean and explored about 90% of the areas. I've only found about 3/5 to 2/3 of the fish though so there is still alot to see and do. If the game looks interesting to you, then I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Its not too great right at the beginning because the shallow parts you start in aren't too exciting. But the more you play the more captivating it becomes.

Member #
    Friends
    8244-2285-2713-6668
    Would you say it's a game that has pretty good replay value? or once you've explored it all it becomes boring? I'd think with WiFi it can last pretty well right? and the price is kinda cheap.

Member #
    Friends
    The Godfather was an excellent game that made great use of the Wii controls but I don't think it sold over 100k (EA's fine with that though so w/e). Definitely a good overlooked title.

Another one is Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn. It's pretty much the only decent RPG on the Wii right now. It's challenging, lengthy (I put in about 35-40 hours to complete), and unlike most Nintendo games, there's an emphasis on story which is told unconventionally for the franchise (and how many RPGs makes you switch sides throughout a series of chapters?). This game sold over 100k in Japan but I don't think it got much over 200k worldwide, if it even sold that much.

EDIT: It always annoys me when people complain about Nintendo games generally having little emphasis on fleshed-out storylines and not being "mature" yet completely ignore Fire Emblem.
    Last edited by RedProdigy; 02-17-2008 at 03:37 AM.
    Now playing: Phoenix Wright, Picross
    Wishlist: No More Heroes, SSBB, Disaster: DOC, Fire Emblem DS, Tales of Symphonia 2
    UGa football (11-2): Sugar Bowl Champs

Member #
    Friends
    5820-3895-0352-0420
    Games people ought to look into more:

Mercury Meltdown Revolution - $20 game, a good $40 value. Excellent puzzle game with vast depth and good replayability, great use of Wii controls, good design.
    Geometry Wars: Galaxies - $40, slightly overpriced, but a very fun arcade shooter with a very large amount of gameplay available as well as a satisfying multiplayer. Also has its own definitive style.
    Zack and Wiki - $30, good value puzzle adventure game that surely merits a sequel.

If you're into sports, check out PES and MLB Power Pros, Konami's two flagship sports franchises, which in my opinion put EA's crap to shame:
    MLB Power Pros - $40, one of the best sports games on the Wii thus far, with multiple modes and infinite depth in simulation, strategy, stats, etc. Despite its visual style, gameplay is very realistic and satisfying. Beats games like The Bigs hands down.
    Pro Evolution Soccer - $40, at this price, this will possibly be the best value sports game on the Wii to date. Outside of the US, the PES series of soccer games (known as Winning Eleven overseas) has far more support than FIFA, PES is by far superior to FIFA in almost every aspect (including not only gameplay, but even user interface, ability to customize, etc - at least, this much was true on PS2 versions). FIFA is only where it is now today by copying most things from PES (I know, I've played both quite a lot since 2001) - even FIFA's visuals grow ever more similar to PES's.
    SSBB FC: 3050-7266-1269 - Add me. Msg me with your code if you do My nickname is AWZ!
    PES 2009 FC: 1548-0990-5835

Member #
    Friends
    4076-9395-0234-2025
    In the Red Corner we have SSBB, In the Blue Corner we have Mario Kart Wii.
    Who will will? Only your wallets will tell.

But seriously who isnt waiting for Okami Wii? Sure it may be like a port, but its a port of IGNs Game of the Year, and I want a new TP-sorta adventure.

"If I had a dollar bill for everytime I was wrong, I'd be a self-made millionaire and I wouldn't be singing..."

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorp
    I'm really curious to see sales figures about endless ocean.
    I'm not sure if it is selling really well or if its just not stocked very well because its been sold out everywhere ive looked.

Member #
    Friends
    8853-1952-9704-6115
    I'm not sure if this is entirely reliable but VG Chartz has Endless Ocean at 130,000 sold.. (Compare that to the 300,000 Zack and Wiki's sold)

Thanks Star Striker for the sig.

Support the Third Parties!
    Buy Zack and Wiki
    and
    No More Heroes

Member #
    Friends
    2652-0001-8231-6800
    ^ Interesting, need to bookmark that site. Endless Ocean seems to be doing about as well as No More Heroes. Zack & Wiki has been out a lot longer.

@Helen - Yeah I was surprised that it was hard for me to find. Hopefully thats a good sign. I'd love to see another game like this. Endless Jungle or something like that would be great.

Member #
    Friends
    4627-4261-3182-4550
    Quote Originally Posted by AoWFraggit
    who needs games when you've got brawl?

honestly.
    I have a feeling that Brawl will be a huge dissapointment to everyone. Well anyway I think "Disaster Day of Crisis" will get overlooked although it looks amazing.

Now Playing
    -Sin and Punishment: Star Successor- -DJ Hero- - Goldeneye 007- -Call of Duty Modern Warfare Reflex- -Dead Space: Extraction- -Muramasa: The Demon Blade- -Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands- -Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles- -Red Steel 2- -Monster Hunter Tri-
    Goldeneye 007 FC :1371-0470-9201
    Modern Warfare Reflex FC: 0724-1130-4548

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Ads