Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Fps?

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Don't get me wrong: I've lost plenty of my life to Unreal Tournament.

But I got bored sick of the fact that most games (if they're not sports or racing games) boil down to just another FPS with a different setting and different graphics. The fact that the Wii would break that mold was a big reason that I bought a Wii after not owning a single game console since my original NES.

I wouldn't mind a good FPS for the Wii, but it'd only take one to make me happy (and preferably, not one with a contemporary or retro war theme). Actually some of the games I liked the best when I was younger was fighter jet/helicopter games... not seeing any of that on the horizon for the Wii yet either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Confiscation of the Mind iOwnage's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8957-2822-1883-9918
    I am personally waiting for Red Steel 2

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by sremick
    I got a Wii because I wanted something beyond just the constant deluge of FPSs, sports, and racing games.
    That's funny because I bought the Wii FOR FPSs. I thought the Wii would have zillions to choose from since the controls are so much better for that type of game. Needless to say, I'm disappointed. I don't want another world war shooter. I was hoping that new, innovative titles would be coming along by now but so far no dice. I'm going to get House of the Dead 2 & 3 out of desperation. LOL

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Icandy
    That's funny because I bought the Wii FOR FPSs. I thought the Wii would have zillions to choose from since the controls are so much better for that type of game.
    You're new to Nintendo, aren't you?

Any Nintendo system is not one to have "zillions" of bloody shoot-em-up FPSs. Maybe the Wii remote lends itself well to the concept, but this is Nintendo. This is Nintendo's idea of an FPS. <-- linky
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    0558-5461-4916-6731
    Nintendo knows how to make FPS games let alone non childish ones look at Giest on Gamecube ,and Elebits wasn't a Nintendo made game it was done by Konami.

I know it isn't going ,but I would love to see either a port ,or even a sequel of Black. I think this summer we'll get hit with a bunch of news with bigger badder games coming to the Wii just right now developers are trying to finish ,and publish what they had already announced since launch ,and such.
    My Wifi games (ASK ME FOR MY CODES)

Rock Band 2,Call of Duty W@W,Mario Kart,Nights,Tetris Party,Dr.Mario,WWE Smackdown VS Raw 09,Battalion Wars 2,Mario Strikers,Smash Bros Brawl,Quantum of Solace,Medal of Honor Heroes,Excitebots,The Conduit,and Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Mario kart madness Mojor Skittish's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6375-5345-9532-5653
    Wait about a year COD5
    mario strikers charged fc 081715 212642
    MOH H2 Persona=MajorSkitish
    Battalion wars2 fc=PM me because i forgot

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Quote Originally Posted by iOwnage
    I am personally waiting for Red Steel 2
    Same here, I have a feeling this time around the game will be great.
    I am hoping so anyways.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximo
    Nintendo knows how to make FPS games let alone non childish ones look at Giest on Gamecube ,and Elebits wasn't a Nintendo made game it was done by Konami.
    I know Nintendo has the ability, and that Elebits wasn't made by Nintendo. My point was, if you look at Nintendo's general direction and style, it's more "Elebits" than "Giest".

Member #
    Friends
    2975-1046-6635-6662
    well for those of you who liked playing house of dead in the arcades there bring House of the Dead 2 and 3 returns to the Wii on the 18th of march. I enjoyed those shooters in the arcade so i might invested in a copy. --> http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=230223

Member #
    Friends
    0558-5461-4916-6731
    I personally like the Wii because it's the only system this gen that is at least trying to have an even mix of genres. You don't get over saturated with shooters ,and racers like you do on 360 (although i do like my 360) ,and ps3. Wouldn't you rather just have a few shooters here and there that are decent rather than 1 or 2 medicore ones every few months.
    My Wifi games (ASK ME FOR MY CODES)

Rock Band 2,Call of Duty W@W,Mario Kart,Nights,Tetris Party,Dr.Mario,WWE Smackdown VS Raw 09,Battalion Wars 2,Mario Strikers,Smash Bros Brawl,Quantum of Solace,Medal of Honor Heroes,Excitebots,The Conduit,and Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Ads