+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Srch Hoogasian56 on utube hoogasian5's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4743-1996-5960-8815
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorp
    ^ Sorry to hear you didn't play SMG much, I must say it gets better and better the more you play it. I really think its a game worth owning if nothing else is.
    to be honest i though super mario 64 was better i dont like the whole space thing it kinda throws stuff off i liked super mario sunshine better

Made By manred
    SSBB CODE-5370-0070-4301 IF YOU ADDD ME PM ME
    I MAIN AS-Wolf,Sonic,Ike and Toon Link
    This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between searches. Please try again in 1 seconds.

Member #
    Friends
    2652-0001-8231-6800
    I doubt any mario game will surpass Mario 64 in my eyes. But SMG is definitely the closest so far. The controls have never been as tight in a mario game as they were in mario 64. I still think SMG is amazingly well done regardless. So many environments, so many powerups, so many cool things with gravity and planets.

Member #
    Friends
    8480-0209-2306-3955
    right now i'm waiting for BWII to drop to 30 bucks. from what i've heard, it isn't worth the price of 50 and is considerably different from any rts out there.

Currently Playing:
    The Conduit
    Call of Duty: World at War

Member #
    Friends
    5820-3895-0352-0420
    Yeah, I'd say BWii is worth $30 tops. I'm lucky I got mine online for $35 new, so it's not that bad, but for the most part, it's not worth it. And yes, it does have less replayability than SMG, far less. In SMG, there are worlds that you wanna revisit just because they are so well designed or fun, etc, but in BWii, once you get through a battle/scenario, you never want to go back again. The fact that about half the online modes require you to do well on single-player scenarios in order to unlock them just makes it worse, since you don't want to replay single player battles over and over to get higher ratings, you probably won't unlock most of the multiplayer modes, and thus the online mode loses a lot of its value as well.
    SSBB FC: 3050-7266-1269 - Add me. Msg me with your code if you do My nickname is AWZ!
    PES 2009 FC: 1548-0990-5835

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by AutumnWind
    Yeah, I'd say BWii is worth $30 tops. I'm lucky I got mine online for $35 new, so it's not that bad, but for the most part, it's not worth it. And yes, it does have less replayability than SMG, far less. In SMG, there are worlds that you wanna revisit just because they are so well designed or fun, etc, but in BWii, once you get through a battle/scenario, you never want to go back again. The fact that about half the online modes require you to do well on single-player scenarios in order to unlock them just makes it worse, since you don't want to replay single player battles over and over to get higher ratings, you probably won't unlock most of the multiplayer modes, and thus the online mode loses a lot of its value as well.
    Hmm, would you say BWII could have replay value if you liked the game/world?

I'm not doubting what you're saying, but from your description, it sounds like they both have about equal replay value (almost none), but you're more likely to replay SMG because of the characters/worlds. It's not that you're necessarily doing anything differently in either game when you go back to play the same level, it's just that you want to experience, "the world" again? Would that be somewhat accurate?

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I'd say NO. Bwii wasn't good in my opinion, so I'd say trade it in for another game.
    "For remember, fear doesn't exist anywhere except in the mind"

Just That Great Extra Life Mushroom's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    3210-5733-2914-1432
    BWii is more fun to me than SMG. I rarely play SMG now. I beat bowser (only 80 something stars) and have no desire to go back and get the others so I can get luigi and do it all over again (with even WORSE controls).

Hopefully by putting it down for a few years I can rekindle my desire to play it someday (worked for Mario 64)

Bwii is under rated IMO. It's nintendo's first attempt at an RTS for the wii and they made it online..what more ca you ask for? I mean at the time what options where there?

PBR: same as stadium, and colosium, only on the wii supports the DS and wifi (laggy) loadingscreen insues after every single action you take.

Strikers: It's a soccer (aka football) game, and doesn't really seem to interesting to me. Not big on sports game, much rather play them in person.

MoH:H2: Is it sad that I found MoH:AA for the PC to have better graphics, gameplay and controls? And also the WWII genre has been all but slaughtered a this point.

BWii: Though not a true RTS in the sense of Star/War Craft, C&C, etc. This was a hand held RTS series and porting it over to consoles. (Advance Wars>Batallion Wars (GC)>BWii) although far from perfect, it did offer an unique experience with the controls as well as the online play. (Much more worth o praise IMHO than some toned down WWII FPS.)

IF you must trade in one then trade in SMG, you can always buy it back later for like $20 once the "player's Choice" discount version rolls out in a few years.
    NiGHTS Friend code: 1633-3288-9171
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl Friend code: 1633-3900-0312

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    well im gonna trade in these 3: big brain academy,SMG and table tennis

if i have enough i will also pick up NiGHTS on deal for £20
    PS3 now, sorry Wii. You gather dust.

Member #
    Friends