Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    WiiChat Member Big_League_Slugger's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0638-7157-7489-3737
    Quote Originally Posted by RedProdigy
    I don't think the whole story is being told:

1)Conspiracy has been pumping out shovelware after shovelware. If we took the 10+ crappy games they have published, the Wii's average would be higher...perhaps significantly. These games are gettings 1/10s from IGN.

2)Review scores can be all over the place. 1-up gave Trauma Center New Blood a friggin 5/10 because "it was too hard". But Bozon from IGN laughed at them for sucking miserably and gave the game over an 8. Gamespot gave Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn a 6/10 and wrote one of the worse reviews I've seen in years.

3)The PS3 has the benefit of getting 360 ports of AAA games thus its average review score is high. If you only look at the exclusives, the reality isn't so rosy. The Wii pretty much HAS to rely on exclusives to boost review scores as it can't get 360 ports and the majority of PS2 ports are half-assed. You could probably count on one (maybe 2) hand the number of multiplatform games on the Wii that are actually of great quality.
    PS3 doesn't just "get" 360 ports. They are Multi-platform games. Both systems benefit from them.

PSN: Lou-igi
    Gametag:G8torNation

2. Ads

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    It's all down to a matter of opinion.

I'll leave it at many

An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Wait, so you mean to tell me that the wii is gimmicky!? And not only that, but publishers are exploiting that, resulting in low quality games!?

Its a conspiracy!
    [/sarcasm]

Honestly, anyone who didn't know this before this thread knows nothing about the wii. This is very obvious information, and is no way biased, so quit your complaining.

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    8480-0209-2306-3955
    only reason for those low scores is the fact that third-party developers aren't putting enough thought and effort into their games for wii.

if you haven't noticed, nintendo games are normally highly rated b/c they understand that it takes TIME to develop quality titles.

Currently Playing:
    The Conduit
    Call of Duty: World at War

Member #
    Friends
    2975-1046-6635-6662
    Quote Originally Posted by minto
    Those graphs are deceptive because they zoom in; they essentially make the Wii review average the baseline. Zoom it out to start at zero and everyone will say 'so what? there's no big difference.' Throw in the fact that the author is basically ignoring the standard of deviation <--- i put that in bold font because that is something i havent heard of in a while makes me miss math class , and you have a bunch of really deceptive graphs. The author does make interesting points, but trying to justify it and fool people with these graphs is kind of low.

IMO the big problem with Wii games right now is that developers are throwing in motion controls even when it doesn't make sense. They feel like they have to because its the selling point of the Wii. They haven't yet realized that simply shaking a Wiimote is not a game. A lot of them are simply cashing in; they know the Wii is 'in' right now and are trying to sell things to uninformed consumers. This usually happens later in a console's life, when it has established a larger user base, but the Wii seems to have struck a chord.
    I dont know why people are hating on the wii, the wii is a very good system with good games and a lot coming out. all the next gen systems are still fairly new and in time they will blow up with games like ps2 and xbox1. I have a 360 and Wii and the only games i really found WORTH every penny for 360 was call of duty 4, assassin's creed, and gears of war. Halo 3 to me was over hyped it didn't feel no different from halo 2 other then its minor improvements, but then again thats just me. Long Live The Wii

Srch Hoogasian56 on utube hoogasian5's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    4743-1996-5960-8815
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo
    i didnt know wii sports and wii fit weren't on the wii

ohh and we all no that wii sucks a$$, but nice to see it in a graph..

can someone put that into a pie chart, i like pie charts
    what the f**k do u mean i have that has a wii game

Made By manred
    SSBB CODE-5370-0070-4301 IF YOU ADDD ME PM ME
    I MAIN AS-Wolf,Sonic,Ike and Toon Link
    This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between searches. Please try again in 1 seconds.

Member #
    Friends
    4877-3286-3608-7887
    Quote Originally Posted by minto
    Those graphs are deceptive because they zoom in; they essentially make the Wii review average the baseline. Zoom it out to start at zero and everyone will say 'so what? there's no big difference.' Throw in the fact that the author is basically ignoring the standard of deviation, and you have a bunch of really deceptive graphs. The author does make interesting points, but trying to justify it and fool people with these graphs is kind of low.

IMO the big problem with Wii games right now is that developers are throwing in motion controls even when it doesn't make sense. They feel like they have to because its the selling point of the Wii. They haven't yet realized that simply shaking a Wiimote is not a game. A lot of them are simply cashing in; they know the Wii is 'in' right now and are trying to sell things to uninformed consumers. This usually happens later in a console's life, when it has established a larger user base, but the Wii seems to have struck a chord.
    Thats a very valid point theres only 8 or so % range in the whole thing, this is is complete bulls***

Member #
    Friends
    4877-3286-3608-7887
    Quote Originally Posted by hoogasian5
    should i name more ps3 and 360 games
    crackdown
    Assassin's Creed
    devils may cry
    grand theft auto
    lost planent
    lost odyseey
    gears of war i can keep going
    Everyone seems to forget wii has been out a year less than the 360, also u want some more good wii games?

Metroid,
    LOZ,
    Resi evil 4 & umbrella,
    Battle Revolution,
    Excite Truck,
    Mario and Sonic,
    WarioWare, (short but hilarious)

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by RedProdigy
    I don't think the whole story is being told:

1)Conspiracy has been pumping out shovelware after shovelware. If we took the 10+ crappy games they have published, the Wii's average would be higher...perhaps significantly. These games are gettings 1/10s from IGN.

2)Review scores can be all over the place. 1-up gave Trauma Center New Blood a friggin 5/10 because "it was too hard". But Bozon from IGN laughed at them for sucking miserably and gave the game over an 8. Gamespot gave Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn a 6/10 and wrote one of the worse reviews I've seen in years.

3)The PS3 has the benefit of getting 360 ports of AAA games thus its average review score is high. If you only look at the exclusives, the reality isn't so rosy. The Wii pretty much HAS to rely on exclusives to boost review scores as it can't get 360 ports and the majority of PS2 ports are half-assed. You could probably count on one (maybe 2) hand the number of multiplatform games on the Wii that are actually of great quality.
    I totally agree. The barrage of shovelware really does put the Wii's average down a lot.

Theres also a lot of variation in Wii scores (Trauma Center New Blood being the best example) and reviewers still dont seem totally sure what makes a good Wii game. If a game is too easy they mark it down and when a game is a bit harder they mark it down. Games like Wii Sports are also underated imo.

Still it dosent bother me because every single game that i have bought is easily over 7/10 in both my estimations and IGNs.

Member #
    Friends
    8587-1102-6191-9483
    The wii has the highest range out of the three consoles right now (lowest rated game to highest rated game out of the three consoles) but there are more mediocre games out than AAA titles that bring the wii's game average way down.

Quote Originally Posted by Winnie the Pooh

Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.

Ads