Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000

Do You Know How Many Wii Games Suck?

I found this pretty interesting and wanted your guys' opinion on it.

Next-Gen's Matt Matthews, perhaps the internet's #1 fan of game-related, coloured graphs, has dug through GameRanking's average review scores and discovered something a lot of you could probably have guessed anyways: when you add up all the Wii reviews and average them out, they're a little...awful.

How awful? See above. While every console of the past eight years (sorry Dreamcast) have seen their games average around 69-71%, the average Wii score is only 64%. Which leads to much hypothesizing in the piece about reviewers not "understanding" the Wii, theories on the impact of shovelware and how the Wii is short on AAA titles (Madden 07, for example, is still in the top 10-ranked games for the platform).

The full article has a lot more graphs and charts than just that one, so head on over if you'd like to see/read more.http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?op...=9066&Itemid=2

Source:http://kotaku.com/355812/say-did-you...wii-games-suck

Old Signature

"I don't mean to seem like I care about material things, like a social status."

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    0505-6993-9515-7982
    Those graphs are deceptive because they zoom in; they essentially make the Wii review average the baseline. Zoom it out to start at zero and everyone will say 'so what? there's no big difference.' Throw in the fact that the author is basically ignoring the standard of deviation, and you have a bunch of really deceptive graphs. The author does make interesting points, but trying to justify it and fool people with these graphs is kind of low.

IMO the big problem with Wii games right now is that developers are throwing in motion controls even when it doesn't make sense. They feel like they have to because its the selling point of the Wii. They haven't yet realized that simply shaking a Wiimote is not a game. A lot of them are simply cashing in; they know the Wii is 'in' right now and are trying to sell things to uninformed consumers. This usually happens later in a console's life, when it has established a larger user base, but the Wii seems to have struck a chord.
    Steam ID: Mintoisking
    Xbox live GT: Sir Minto
    PSN ID: Mintoisgod

Srch Hoogasian56 on utube hoogasian5's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    4743-1996-5960-8815
    that graph is bullsh*t theres really good games for ps3 and xbox360 that arent even on wii
    unreal tourmment 3
    halo 3
    Restiance Fall of Man
    Bio Shock
    Etc
    and wii has its games
    super mario galexry
    super paper mario
    ssbb
    mario party 8
    wii sports
    wii fit
    wii play
    etc etc

Made By manred
    SSBB CODE-5370-0070-4301 IF YOU ADDD ME PM ME
    I MAIN AS-Wolf,Sonic,Ike and Toon Link
    This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between searches. Please try again in 1 seconds.

Member #
    Friends
    2770-2242-9089-2654
    I wish halo 3 was on wii.

SSBB code:4553-9644-8994
    Pm me if you want to add me. And prepare to lose!

If you need help getting wi-fi, PM me and I will try to help.

-[Join the Master Chief/Samus Fan Club]-

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by hoogasian5
    that graph is bullsh*t theres really good games for ps3 and xbox360 that arent even on wii
    unreal tourmment 3
    halo 3
    Restiance Fall of Man
    Bio Shock
    Etc
    and wii has its games
    super mario galexry
    super paper mario
    ssbb
    mario party 8
    wii sports
    wii fit
    wii play
    etc etc
    Well if you go by revies then SMG, SPM, and SSBB are the only ones that are actually good on the Wii from your list. Also your small list of 360/PS3 is but a fraction of what they have, all in the 90's or higher based on reviews.

Everyone knows Wii has the worst rated game quality as of now, this is no secret. No point in denying it and no point in making a thread about it because its old news. All you can do is sit back and wait for the good titles that are to come (SSBB and Mario Kart).
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Srch Hoogasian56 on utube hoogasian5's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    4743-1996-5960-8815
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    Well if you go by revies then SMG, SPM, and SSBB are the only ones that are actually good on the Wii from your list. Also your small list of 360/PS3 is but a fraction of what they have, all in the 90's or higher based on reviews.

Everyone knows Wii has the worst rated game quality as of now, this is no secret. No point in denying it and no point in making a thread about it because its old news. All you can do is sit back and wait for the good titles that are to come (SSBB and Mario Kart).
    should i name more ps3 and 360 games
    crackdown
    Assassin's Creed
    devils may cry
    grand theft auto
    lost planent
    lost odyseey
    gears of war i can keep going

Made By manred
    SSBB CODE-5370-0070-4301 IF YOU ADDD ME PM ME
    I MAIN AS-Wolf,Sonic,Ike and Toon Link
    This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between searches. Please try again in 1 seconds.

Member #
    Friends
    I wasn't saying you were wrong about PS3/360 having good games, I was talking about the Wii list not being good.

I know PS3 and 360 have quality games. I have those consoles and I tend to buy more games for 360/PS3 than my Wii because the sad fact is they have better games right now.

I also could name lots of good games for 360/PS3 as opposed to Wii games.

The sad thing is im only buying SSBB/MarioKart for the 2008 year for the Wii as far as I know at this moment, while my 360/PS3 list is alot longer because they tend to release better quality games. Assuming of course the games get good reviews because I don't buy games that get bad reviews, but I do occasionally rent.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by hoogasian5
    unreal tourmment 3
    halo 3
    Restiance Fall of Man
    Bio Shock
    Etc
    and wii has its games
    super mario galexry
    super paper mario
    ssbb
    mario party 8
    wii sports
    wii fit
    wii play
    etc etc
    i didnt know wii sports and wii fit weren't on the wii

ohh and we all no that wii sucks a$$, but nice to see it in a graph..

can someone put that into a pie chart, i like pie charts
    wii game playing: GH3
    wii friend code:1778 9634 2151 5464
    gh3 code:502628796471

WiiChat Member Big_League_Slugger's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0638-7157-7489-3737
    Wii Play shouldn't be included.

PSN: Lou-igi
    Gametag:G8torNation

Member #
    Friends
    I don't think the whole story is being told:

1)Conspiracy has been pumping out shovelware after shovelware. If we took the 10+ crappy games they have published, the Wii's average would be higher...perhaps significantly. These games are gettings 1/10s from IGN.

2)Review scores can be all over the place. 1-up gave Trauma Center New Blood a friggin 5/10 because "it was too hard". But Bozon from IGN laughed at them for sucking miserably and gave the game over an 8. Gamespot gave Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn a 6/10 and wrote one of the worse reviews I've seen in years.

3)The PS3 has the benefit of getting 360 ports of AAA games thus its average review score is high. If you only look at the exclusives, the reality isn't so rosy. The Wii pretty much HAS to rely on exclusives to boost review scores as it can't get 360 ports and the majority of PS2 ports are half-assed. You could probably count on one (maybe 2) hand the number of multiplatform games on the Wii that are actually of great quality.
    Now playing: Phoenix Wright, Picross
    Wishlist: No More Heroes, SSBB, Disaster: DOC, Fire Emblem DS, Tales of Symphonia 2
    UGa football (11-2): Sugar Bowl Champs

Ads