LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mario Kart P2P?

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Has the pay to play even got an announcement date of when it will start? No games that are scheduled to come out soon will have p2p anyway.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    8448-6260-2078-1629
    personally i think Nintendo's P2P would be for MMO's ..... and not for the other ones...
    PM to add me to Wii and from there we can add different games!

Brawl: 2921-8766-9978

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    Aoyama explained that Nintendo will begin "collecting fees for some services [that] will allow us to adapt flexibly." In other words, by subsidizing additional, unnamed service and feature costs to consumers, Nintendo feels they can explore new concepts and channels.

He added that it was a Nintendo initiative to avoid misleading consumers into thinking they can buy games that can be played entirely free when they cannot (whether or not this implies an initiative to begin charging for multiplayer content was unclear).
    So we really have no clue what will and will not be a Pay to Play game.
    I'm not sure why all these articles on the topic are straying from the "extra content" and the fact it will be on a "game to game" basis. Nintendo has mentioned nothing about a new online support setup, that is all speculation.

But so far the extra online content has been confirmed by Nintendo, and it consist of Voice Chat and DLC So I would assume these will be some of the "new online features" included in the Pay to Play, atleast the DLC. Would be nice if they included Voice Chat for free.

They have not mentioned any change to the current free online play "getting rid of friends codes." The acctual online support is locked in by contract for the life of the system, so they have no reason to change the free online support being it its already paid for.

So just based on Mario Kart's time frame and the fact it could include Voice/DLC it could be pay to play but most likely will still support the "no bells and whistles" online for free, aswell as every other online game. They just don't want everyone picking up a newer game thinking everything they do on it will be free of charge online.
    Last edited by wezeles; 02-26-2008 at 03:37 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Clish
    personally i think Nintendo's P2P would be for MMO's ..... and not for the other ones...
    An MMO on the wii.

Hahaha with Nintendo's online track record?!

Trading my Wii again! Come on home 360!
    Games: Metroid Prime 3, Super Paper Mario, Ghost Squad, Link's Crossbow Training + Wii Zapper, Geometry Wars, Battalion Wars 2

Member #
    Friends
    0806-9488-0395-2638
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent-Sniper
    An MMO on the wii.

Hahaha with Nintendo's online track record?!
    Animal Crossing?

Ads