Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8288-8038-4521-3885
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliko
    Again this doesn't seem to work to me in my head. I've been playing racing games since NES so I've tried all control schemes even the arcade wheels, and the jump from analog stick to motion sensing racing is like 480i to 1080p. The jump is HUGE!! And I still don't understand how a GC analog stick feels more real than actual hand, arm, and body gestures. I don't know what country ya'll are from, but over here he don't drive with our thumbs.

Like I told t3kni9e, don't reply until you've played Excite Truck. That will eliminate any speculation in your head.

Also, Brawl DOES use the Wii Remote ruling out your "not enough buttons" theory.
    I have played Excite truck and i thought while the game was really fun the controls were completely terrible. Look at it this way with a real steering wheel you have resistance something to hold you from turning entirely too sharp. With the wiimote floating out in the air just in your hands you have no resistance so you could do a 180 degree turn in less than a second. That how ever is no where near possible on a analog stick because they just don't work that way. So maybe now you can see where i am coming from.

As from Brawl yes i know you can use the wiimote but every review i have read said those controls are terrible and unless you are a none gamer who wouldn't appreciate being able to use the gamecube controller then you would hate those controls too. Im not saying that there are not enough buttons for it to be possible i am just saying there are not enough buttons for it to feel just right and play perfect.

I have also been playing racing games since the NES era and i can see where you would say the jump from d-pad controls to analog controls was like the jump between 480i and 1080p, but as for the jump from analog to motion sensing well its more like the jump between 1080i and 1080p. Its not necessary at least not yet. Analog is more precise for right now eventually they will make the wiimote work well enough for racing games that i will want to use it, but not just yet

Member #
    Friends
    2064-8110-4406-4869
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmont
    I have played Excite truck and i thought while the game was really fun the controls were completely terrible. Look at it this way with a real steering wheel you have resistance something to hold you from turning entirely too sharp. With the wiimote floating out in the air just in your hands you have no resistance so you could do a 180 degree turn in less than a second. That how ever is no where near possible on a analog stick because they just don't work that way. So maybe now you can see where i am coming from.
    I've NEVER had that problem with Excite Truck. The accuracy was precise as hell to me. Maybe there is no pleasing you with the Wii remote. I, like the mass public beleive motion controls are a HUGE improvement in gaming. I have people over all the time, and by the end of the night, the compliments on Excite Truck controls never end. Even if motion controls were like 1080p why would you insist on 1080i??

As for your opinion, like I said maybe there's no pleasing you there or maybe you haven't gotten a hang of the controls? When I play I don't do these crazy 300 degree turns. I play how I would drive in real life and it controls like a dream.

Of course I would like resistence technology in the Wii Remote just like I would like to have laser-light emmitters on the Wii Remote IR sensor. But when I balance out the options GC vs. Wii Remote it's like 100 to 1 in favor of motion control.

Member #
    Friends
    8288-8038-4521-3885
    im not saying i dont like motion controls because i love them i just feel it doesnt fit for everything. I mean i would never would want to play a 3D metroid game again without the wiimote. I love the way The Godfather plays and mario party and well everygame that i have which is pretty much every first party game and a few third party.

I have stayed away from racing games on the wiimote because i just didnt think it felt right.

I just dont want you to get me wrong i love the wiimote i just feel sometimes a normal game pad would make the game more fun and we should be thankful nintendo gives us a choice to use that not in every game but on the ones where it might matter to someone.

Member #
    Friends
    4855-3513-2198-8739
    Sounds great! Cant wait for this game! Not to long now
    Tip of the day:
    A big mistake a lot of you make is that wiiware games will be free.

Wiiware is just the same like the virtual console. Its different in that it offers new games instead of old console games.

I can think of some easy games ( Like tetris and some other in that direction ) that can be free but the majority will cost money.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Ads