LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Yes it does you James!

Smash brothers is just a average beat em up but is unqiue and fanboys drool over because it has nintendo characters the actual fighting engine behind it is lame and isn't very technical

Take away the ninty characters and the game would be a pile of shit.

Member #
    Friends
    Ohyeah I would own all you at Soul Caliber 2 I was a genius at that game !

Member #
    Friends
    4532-8683-6668-7765
    Lol @ Ally_uk: you have no idea of what you're talking about. You've never seen the competitive side, with all the techniques and thinking involved. All you've played are with casual players. Try entering a real ssb tourney and I would like to see how well you would fare. There is so much technical skill, stats, moves, mind games, and a meta game that is involved.

It's like basketball: how simple is it to just get a ball in the hoop on the other side of the court? A newcomer would think, easy. But they haven't seen all the training, precision, and skill required. Same can be said for chess, hockey, football, etc.

This is the beauty of ssb, you can play it for fun and it will give you the satisfaction. Or you can play competitively.

There is no need to argue with you because you lack the knowledge of the competitive side of ssb.

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    I think SSB is in a different group then most fighting games, i.e. Mortal Combat,Tekken,Soul Calibur,Street Fighter...

These games are setup to be mainly 2 player games with a few rounds and setup as what we would think of a normal fighting match, i.e. boxing,wrestling,martial arts

SSB is more strategy mixed with the basic fighter,its not just who has the best stamina but who makes the best moves, hides when they need too, sacrafice yourself for a kill, "donkey kong drop" as I like to call it, walking your best opponet right off the edge with you. You can also team up or cheep shot agenst other players in the middle of a fight. all while making sure you don't fall off the world haha..
    You can't even compare it to a button mashing fighting game, its far far from it.

And to the poster yes Soul Calibur 2 is an awsome game, and it looks great on the GC and Xbox aswell. Ps2's was pretty clean but I think I like the Gamecube version best because of Link guest character over the others.
    GC version was rated higher becasue of him aswell.
    Xbox was pretty cool though with Spawn from the Spawn comics.
    Ps2 was probably the worst with Heihachi Mishima from Tekken, how orignal put a fighting character in a fighting game.. ha ha eaither way good buy for 10 bucks!

Member #
    Friends
    4841-8322-0786-7773
    Quote Originally Posted by FRuMMaGe
    You can't button mash on Super Smash Bros you idiot. It doesn't work at all.
    but doing the same move over and over and over and over does.

soul cal 2 was an excellent game. 9.2 from ign and 8.5 from gamespot. yoshimitsu and kilik were my favorites.

the same cant be said for soul cal legends.
    Last edited by Lugia; 02-29-2008 at 09:12 AM.

Member of Ganondorf's Army
    SSBB CODE: 305072459278

Member #
    Friends
    4532-8683-6668-7765
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugia
    but doing the same move over and over and over and over does.
    Not anymore, they changed that in Brawl.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    4841-8322-0786-7773
    well i dont think its a spoiler anyways thats always how its been. if im in a certain position to hit someone the fact that its going to do less damage isnt going to stop me from using it if i know its going to hit him. in soul calibur theres real combos while in smash bros its all about grinding the same moves/throws.

Member of Ganondorf's Army
    SSBB CODE: 305072459278

100 proof straight Sketch Sketch Turner's Avatar
    Member #
    In a place above a place that's below a place but inbetween the other places. o_O
    Friends
    Ahem, Kyosuke from Rival Schools is in Capcom vs SNK 2 (Benimaru is from Rival Schools too isnt he?)

Pain is weakness leaving the body

Ads