Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Is A Diddy Kong User. Fire Flower's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2617-4361-9813-7619
    Wouldn't the parents be to blame? Shouldn't they have some common sense knowing that there are jerks online? I agree most of the time Kids are the ones doing the trash talking. BECAUSE THEY DON'T KNOW ANY BETTER!
    There are parental controls on the Wii. Isn't it possible for there to be an option to block an online part of a game? Discuss

Wezeles, most of the Wiis good games are made by Nintendo. And most Nintendo games are E - E10. ( Well besides the Zelda games, but they're not online compatible. )
    Last edited by Fire Flower; 02-29-2008 at 08:56 AM.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    9156-1265-6763-2556
    Well that totally kills my expectations for the game...

Personally, I was looking forward to voice chat, it's a race, so I can't imagine people talking much anyway, but just a general chat would make it a tad more competitive. What really annoys me was the select phrases, absolutely no one will use those, and more likely they'll be a string of out-dated slanged compliments from the early 90's. Nintendo are so cool.

I think there should just be a parental warning at the start of the game that online play is going to attract idiots, no matter what. Anyhow, the parents can surely select the controls themselves if they can work out how to connect to wi-fi manually. Tch.

Everyone should just listen to Wezeles!
    I love you, Adam.

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Flower
    Wezeles, most of the Wiis good games are made by Nintendo. And most Nintendo games are E - E10. ( Well besides the Zelda games, but they're not online compatible. )
    Acctually most Nintendo games that are online right now are split between E and T rated games. The majority of online games currently are acctually by 3rd party devs rating mostly from T-M.

Obviously games like Mario Strikers,Mario Kart and all the other baseball,tennis,golf are gonna be E rated games, but do we need Voice Chat with these style games? not really with sports games.
    If so it would be with your personal friends, and you can schedual a time to meet up, specially if your into it enough to make a team online.
    Again like I said use your friends code for this type of game/rated game. There isn't much reason to talk to anyone besides the people on your own team.

Now the majority of games that will use Voice "unappropriately" will probably be FPS,Fighting games and they will all be atleast Teen-M ratings so its not an issue.

I agree its the parents to blame, but in this case they have always blamed everything on video games, this is why we have the rating system in the first place! Parents balming video games for there kids, and them being to ignorant of what there children do they need a big DUMMY stiker on each game to let them know its an OK buy.

So if you tie it into the rating system they have no way to blame anyone else but themself for letting a game not suited for there children into the house. People always try to shift blame, if you don't make it black and white a fight will always break out.
    Last edited by wezeles; 02-29-2008 at 09:18 AM.

M'bating to Z Suit Samus Atomheart's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by wezeles
    It's a tough call because Nitendo is trying to make everyone happy in this decision....

They know we will like voice chat but if its limited to only our Wii friends we wont be happy, because honestly you will be tracking down more people to make them your friends then you are playing, if all we use is the friends code. Thats to much of an easy out for Nintendo to do it that way and call it finished, and I think they know that..

Now you have the younger children, although they have parental controls some parents might not bother setting them or know how to in the first place, children these days are usually more tech suave then there parents, alot of them could even get around it if they wanted to.

Hmm so what to do. You can't just keep saying the old phrase "Game Experience May Change During Online Play" and think it will fly with parents when on an E-rated game there child gets sworn at online. Thats a big NO , and Nintendo knows it. The same attitude would go for the majority of causal gamers that don't know what the online chat is like ahead of time they will be disgusted by it.

I personally find there to be an easy fix to please all parties.

Every game EC,E,E10+ Should offer Voice Chat ONLY with friends code so parents can see who there children are listening too, if it gets too outta hand they can even track the bastard down... ha ha

Now games T,M,AO you have free range voice chat available to anyone! No friends code needed here it's built right in. Then any complaint from a parent that the children may have experienced something to graphic with Nitnendo's online chat is eaisly pushed aside by saying, you let your children play a game that was rated for a more mature audience, it is your own consequence not ours that they came across something included in that rating category.

Easy argument makes everyone happy in the end! And no one has an excuse to be mad at anyone else.
    I like the way you're thinking in those last few paragraphs.

I mean, isn't that the point of the ratings? By owning an M game, it's assumed that every player is at least 17. This means that the vast majority of players will be legal adults. Should Nintendo really be placing these ridiculous restrictions on adults?

Member #
    Friends
    9156-1265-6763-2556
    The majority of their audience seem to be kiddiwinks. Should be two versions, one being shitty and watered down and the other an expansion with voice chat.
    I love you, Adam.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Flower
    Wouldn't the parents be to blame? Shouldn't they have some common sense knowing that there are jerks online? I agree most of the time Kids are the ones doing the trash talking. BECAUSE THEY DON'T KNOW ANY BETTER!
    There are parental controls on the Wii. Isn't it possible for there to be an option to block an online part of a game? Discuss

Lol... Im sure they know better... They like being stupid asses. Kids know right from wrong, they are just immature.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Ads