LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Keep in mind that Prime 3 looked pretty crappy when the first screen shots/videos were released...and it turned out to be the best-looking (in my opinion) game on the Wii.

Nintendo won't release a crappy-looking Mario Kart. It just won't happen. Everyone relax.
    "Kids, let me tell you about another so-called "wicked" guy. He had long hair and some wild ideas, and he didn't always do what other people thought was right. And that man's name was... I forget. But the point is... well, I forget that too. Marge, you know who I'm talking about. He used to drive that blue car?"

Member #
    Friends
    2975-1046-6635-6662
    Quote Originally Posted by wezeles
    I dont think its backwards from Double Dash, But its not even much of a leap forward. the picture is clearer but some of the shapes are awful.. could have done a better job of it thats for sure...

Maybe they rushed it out with the popularity.

Looks like a good idea that wasn't finnished.. Sad but still is gonna be a great game.
    IMO, the graphics don't look as terrible as everyone is making them sound, and how dare can any1 even compare those graphics to N64

<--- tell me those are the same as mario kart wii.
    but nevertheless im still buying this game, gameplay will be great

Member #
    Friends
    8799-9801-1544-7718
    yeah dont look at the screenshots, look at the videos on youtube, the graphics look pretty nice.

Call of Duty FC : 3480 6196 6904
    Onslaught FC : 3180 1649 9648
    The Conduit - 1891 9137 3932 ( Mr Vihang)

Member #
    Friends
    The side-by-side pics (thanks for posting those!) pretty much put a big "case closed" stamp on this subject as far as I'm concerned. And as also pointed out the graphics can even be fine tuned a bit more prior to release, but I think they look fine so far.

This constant chatter about Wii's inferior graphics really gets on my nerves. Those of us who prefer the Wii game play style could care LESS and most games on this first gen Wii can not be made better by holding back release dates to tweak anyways - the first Wii on the market is what it is and for what it cost, I think it's right on track.

Think of part of your Wii purchase price as encouraging Nintendo and the entire gaming industry towards more of a full-body "virtual reality" gaming style and you'll realize every penny was well spent and that it's the game playing style that matters in this and all Wii game titles. Nintendo's first party releases tend to have spectacular mechanics, so I'm not concerned one bit that this game will be worth getting.

Member #
    Friends
    4614-1471-6665-4276
    I dont really see why you people are complaining. maybe its just me, but those graphics look pretty good. They are a little plain I could care less. I believe that the main focus here is the gameplay.

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Graphics in the game bad? No. Great looking visuals, well no.

But the Characters and Karts look pretty nice, most of them anyways.
    And they are screens as well, it could look better in game, who knows.

And yes, it hasn't been delayed once, at least no worthy delays.
    So if there is a delay, thats good. More time to fix things, if not oh well. It should still sell pretty well.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

M'bating to Z Suit Samus Atomheart's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by wezeles
    I dont think its backwards from Double Dash, But its not even much of a leap forward. the picture is clearer but some of the shapes are awful.. could have done a better job of it thats for sure...

Maybe they rushed it out with the popularity.

Looks like a good idea that wasn't finnished.. Sad but still is gonna be a great game.
    Actually, the graphics in those screenshots aren't that bad. I'd say those are even acceptable (although no where near the potential of the Wii). Those are no doubt high def graphics (or as best as the Wii can do). I've seen some screenshots that depict pretty terrible graphics, such as that one in the Mario Kart Battle thread.

Quote Originally Posted by thas
    I dont really see why you people are complaining. maybe its just me, but those graphics look pretty good. They are a little plain I could care less. I believe that the main focus here is the gameplay.

Still, why can't we have BOTH great graphics AND great gameplay. 360 owners get it...
    Last edited by Atomheart; 03-02-2008 at 02:41 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    graphics really dont matter to me at all. this games gonna be great. and thats all that matters.
    ThE QuI3t ThInGs ThAt No0nE eV3R Kn0wS

And Ill Scream With A Thousand Voices...
    I AM SANE.
    I AM SANE.

Xbox 360 Online Gamertag - Number1Newb

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcool813
    Do graphics really matter? Idc as long as the gameplay is good. Well as long as its not 8-bit graphics

Either way i guarantee people who complain about it will still buy it. I wanna try the motorcycles!
    bitching out under nintendo's brainwashing philosophy is gonna be the thing that gets you a wii2 with xbox 1 visuals.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by CrowTRobot
    Keep in mind that Prime 3 looked pretty crappy when the first screen shots/videos were released...and it turned out to be the best-looking (in my opinion) game on the Wii.

Nintendo won't release a crappy-looking Mario Kart. It just won't happen. Everyone relax.
    EXACTLY. When games are developed, the first thing they focus on is gameplay. Adjusting the difficulty, designing the levels, working out bugs etc...
    Then, when all of that is taken care of, they use ALL of their remaining time polishing the game up the best that they can before it has to go into physical production.

That's why, as CrowTRobot said, Metroid looked significantly better in the end than it did upon first being revealed. Though I bet the gameplay was virtually identical. They put the luxury changes at the end of production because they're less important.
    MarioKart will look great, I assure you. Especially since it's a first party Nintendo game, and what was the last BAD-LOOKING one of those?!
    Super Mario Galaxy had beautiful graphics, this surely will too.
    Besides, those screen shots don't even look that bad, they look like they were taken from a low-resolution tv or something, you can definitely see some evidence of it being a poor display rather than the in-game graphics themselves.
    It's gonna be awesome, just wait.
    WWW.WEARETHEKEY.NET
    WEARETHEKEY.FREEFORUMS.ORG

Come join and help the world Evolve!

BRAWL CODE - 3265-4747-0770
    Wii Console - 2504-6852-5346-7730

Ads