LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: MLB2K Videos

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I'm definitely worried about the roster situation. Johan Santana plays for the Mets now in what has been the biggest off-season trade by far. I'm pretty sure the XBox 360 version has him on the Mets, but he is still pitching for the Twins in these Wii videos. Hopefully the producers didn't just half-ass this version.

MLB The Show for PS2 is looking pretty good on the other hand. It received an 8 from IGN, so it's an option if this one doesn't turn out ok.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrash13
    I'm definitely worried about the roster situation. Johan Santana plays for the Mets now in what has been the biggest off-season trade by far. I'm pretty sure the XBox 360 version has him on the Mets, but he is still pitching for the Twins in these Wii videos. Hopefully the producers didn't just half-ass this version.

MLB The Show for PS2 is looking pretty good on the other hand. It received an 8 from IGN, so it's an option if this one doesn't turn out ok.
    Are you serious? They still got Johan on the Twins? Wow if thats true then thats a big disapointment for me. Im a Met fan and that just might stop me from gettin it..(not really).

Member #
    Friends
    Do you guys think the controls will be similar to The Bigs?.

If the controls are anything like it, I'll definitely purchase this game.

the guy below- HES BACK!! Wiitime's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1405-1695-6567-5492
    got the game.. i played 4 about 3 min cause i have to out in a few min. i dont want 2 say anything because i didnt get a good idea of how it is.. i did Yanks vs Sox. I was home. i didnt do the tutorial to pitch but it seemed obviouse. im not sure how fast you pitch makes a differnece in the game. but i gave up 2 homers in 4-5 batters. but once again i didnt really aim and choose good pitches. the graphics are ok. thats all i can say for now. the controls are probably similar to THE BIGS. I tried to rob a homer and the guy dove down, but im not sure if i was doing it right. il be home by 7, i might eat dinner then play, but i will write up a better review later.. so im not sure how this game is.
    If you guys want, write down ur questions and i will try to give u answers later. I will also check rosters later too.
    Mario Strikers Charged Code 034466 539783

If you add me, let me know and i will add u..
    BRAWL CODE-2921 8742 9329

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    5662-4093-3200-8333
    i won't buy it

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Wiitime just check the roster's for me, make sure the Mets are correct. Thanks

Member #
    Friends
    5339-2221-6986-5954
    Just got the game and played my first game, lost 4-3 in 13 innings, I was the Rays, lost to the Yankees at Tropicana Field.

Awesome game so far, still learning everything.

Member #
    Friends
    5339-2221-6986-5954
    Quote Originally Posted by Bliss
    Wiitime just check the roster's for me, make sure the Mets are correct. Thanks
    Johan is a Twin, but I bet you could change it. You want to see if you can edit the rosters?

Member #
    Friends
    i got the game,played around with it abit,the game has player cards?(or sorta,the card is just like a stat card of the players 2007 stats and their hot/cold zones)

theres no online play and stuff like santana being a twin,glaus being a jay are still in those rosters. theres AA teams but ya,you can only demote people there,at the start theres nobody in AA so just get some extra players that the team has and put the players in the minors.

as for the graphics-
    http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/xbox360/8...104314458.html
    http://ps3.ign.com/dor/ps3/898263/im...104326176.html

not that good

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images..._screen001.jpg

not that bad

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images..._screen006.jpg

its sorta like that but its not that choppy,the picture is clear with those type of graphics,it didnt effect me much

the gameplay is ok,the part i hate is now on the wii u actually have to swing,the nunchuck and wiimote thing gets annoying with the nunchuck cord when you swing but once you get used to it im sure its ok,the pitching is fun but fielding is a challenge on trying to jump and dive cause sometimes you have to move it a certain way to do one of those.

i would say that graphics would be a 7.5/10,gameplay would be a 8/10,other things(like franchise mode,the roster editing ect.) 9/10. so this game i would rate 8/10,if it had to be out of 100 i would say 83

any questions feel free to ask me

Member #
    Friends
    7072-6720-4419-1341
    I picked up the game too. I think the gameplay is pretty good, pitching is fun, so is batting although sometimes if your swing is mistaken for a check swing it can be a bit annoying, fielding has always been my favorite part of the game, so no complaints there, but base running can be a pain when just starting out. Graphics weren't my main concern, they're a lot better than people were giving them credit for. Only thing I wish this game could do is at least let us connect online to update rosters, especially since I'm a Mets fan, I would like to have Johan.

I'll go out on a scale like TorontoWii did...

Gameplay: 9/10
    Graphics: 8.5/10
    Other stuff (Create a player, game modes, etc.): 9/10

Overall it's a great game, especially if you're as big a baseball fan as I am. On a scale of 100, I'd give it a 90...

Thanks to PH3AR on the Sheva sig!!!

Ads