LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Oboro Muramasa Youtouden (2D Ninja Action - Beautiful Art)

Oboro Muramasa Youtouden

A 2D action ninja game exclusively designed for the Wii. Choose from two different playable characters, Momohime or Kisuke, as they embark on a journey to find the legendary sword.

Play Magazine Preview...

http://www.playmagazine.com/index.ph...e&Japan_ID=184

After waiting for nearly a decade between Princess Crown and Odin Sphere, we were prepared to wait a decade longer for Vanillaware’s next hand-drawn masterpiece. Little did we know that it was well into development, and already scheduled for a 2008 release from new publisher Marvelous Interactive.

Oboro Muramasa Youtouden looks a lot like Odin Sphere, but with strong Japanese influences in place of Odin’s European ones. There are a few new twists, such as levels that scroll vertically as well as horizontally, but I think it’s fair to call this one a spiritual sequel, or at least a spiritual cousin. As is the trend with Wii games, initial reports touted the game’s pick-up-and-play aspects, in which frantic waggling and a single button dish out a variety of context-sensitive moves so that casual gamers can feel like pimps when they’re really just button-mashing. Ugh.

But wait—Vanillaware hasn’t abandoned the hardcore gamers that made Odin Sphere such a massive sma… uh, well, let’s say “respectable semi-hit.” For us, they’re promising a “precise mode” that offers full control over the hero’s sword, shuriken, and Ninja techniques via a more complicated and Odin Sphere-esque control scheme. Phew.

1st Trailer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEKXImWQOmg

Screenshots & Concept Art

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Looks nice, but it looks more like a WiiWare game.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    Looks nice, but it looks more like a WiiWare game.
    WiiWare? That is an insult to this fine game. Did you watch the trailer? It looks phenomenal. You need to see it in action.

It ranks up there with Okami for art-style and it has some of the best parallex-scrolling I have ever seen on any platform.

Member #
    Friends
    Yes ive seen the videos. It reminds me of old SNES style side scrollers but with better visuals. But praising it for visuals is just like being a graphic whore. Just because it looks good doesn' mean im going to dish out $50 for this game.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Ads