LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    You guys realize having two racers only replaced the "holding an item behind you while you pick up another" technique used in Mario Kart 64...right? I mean, that's the only difference between having one or two racers on the same cart.

What I'm saying is...either way it's the same thing.

And FFS, we don't need your "alerts" on the quality of the game's graphics. We can see that the game needs work. At the same time, everything seen so far is a ROUGH DEMO of the final product. I've said this in another thread, but Prime 3 looked pretty bland at first, and when the game was finally released it was, in my opinion, the best looking game on the Wii to date.

As far as the game not having twists, read IGN's article that just came out today. They said the game has tons of new stuff, but Reggie made them promise not to say anything.

The "tricks" give the player a speed boost so they're far from "useless" as you called them.

If graphics and lack of stat tracking prevent you from buying a game, that's fine...if you're completely illogical. I'm not the biggest Mario Kart fan in the world, but I am a big fan of making well-informed decisions.
    "Kids, let me tell you about another so-called "wicked" guy. He had long hair and some wild ideas, and he didn't always do what other people thought was right. And that man's name was... I forget. But the point is... well, I forget that too. Marge, you know who I'm talking about. He used to drive that blue car?"

Member #
    Friends
    9999-9999-9999-9999
    Quote Originally Posted by CrowTRobot
    You guys realize having two racers only replaced the "holding an item behind you while you pick up another" technique used in Mario Kart 64...right? I mean, that's the only difference between having one or two racers on the same cart.

What I'm saying is...either way it's the same thing.
    ummm... it's not the same at all...
    i'm not saying MKw will suck... i've had loads of fun with someone else driving while i can calculate the perfect throws and blocks... or vise versa...

it's a very different game that way

click logo to join the...
    rainbows & unicorns clan!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by idjut
    ummm... it's not the same at all...
    i'm not saying MKw will suck... i've had loads of fun with someone else driving while i can calculate the perfect throws and blocks... or vise versa...

it's a very different game that way
    You seriously did the thing where one player drives and the other throws items? Wow...that's boring.

Are you in charge of collecting star bits in Galaxy too?
    "Kids, let me tell you about another so-called "wicked" guy. He had long hair and some wild ideas, and he didn't always do what other people thought was right. And that man's name was... I forget. But the point is... well, I forget that too. Marge, you know who I'm talking about. He used to drive that blue car?"

Member #
    Friends
    9999-9999-9999-9999
    You seriously did the thing where one player drives and the other throws items? Wow...that's boring.
    sorry you always had a suckie team and experience

Member #
    Friends
    4842-2271-0989-9857
    It is too bad there isn't a track creator like the level creator in SSBB so the online racing could stay fresh for longer and people could vote for the user made tracks they like best.
    GH3- 081731642247 I really suck
    MOHH2-
    Endless Ocean-4195-0089-7111

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by idjut
    sorry you always had a suckie team and experience
    I'm guessing the real problem is you're a bad driver so your friends put you in charge of throwing items because they felt sorry for you.

Member #
    Friends
    9999-9999-9999-9999
    misconstruing my statements for argument purposes is trolling... CrowTRobot you're a troll
    have fun trolling...

<--------------------

Last edited by gidget; 03-06-2008 at 08:01 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    I'm guessing the real problem is you're a bad driver so your friends put you in charge of throwing items because they felt sorry for you.
    Lol, sorry but I can't help but laugh at that one

Member #
    Friends
    Sometimes I really don't understand the gaming community. A vast majority of people have been complaining about Nintendo's poor online strategy for a long time. Here are the known online features of MK Wii:

They've introduced a seperate Mari Kart Wii channel that can be accessed whether the disc is in or not. This channel will allow you to view online leader boards for each track, and tell you where those players are located.
    It will allow you to download a player's ghost data and race against it. It will allow you to watch actual online races on your Wii. It will allow you to enter a lobby and start a race with random people. It will allow you to register your friends so you can see if they're online making it easier to start a race with them. And it supports limited text chatting. (Actually it's more like emoting in an MMO)

Now with all those online features, the one thing I keep reading and hearing about is, "Boy the graphics on Mario Kart Wii look pretty bad." It's like people are determinded to be dissatisfied with Nintendo no matter what they do.

What? Nintendo has explored some new online features in one of their games? Well the graphics still suck so I'm not gettin' that game. (MK Wii)

What? Nintendo has released a game that has some of the best visuals we've ever seen? Nearly every gaming publication agrees that the graphics on this game are phenomenal? Well that game aint got no online so I aint gettin' it. (Metroid Prime 3).
    Remember, the Force will be with you...always.

Member #
    Friends
    4842-2271-0989-9857
    Here Here Masterjedi!! I for one am buying Mario Kart Wii
    GH3- 081731642247 I really suck
    MOHH2-
    Endless Ocean-4195-0089-7111

Ads