LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Mario Kart looking and sounding disapointing

I know some of you are gonna come out and say "no way, you're crazy, game looks great" and defend the game and whatnot, but the fact is, like it or hate it, we have to face it, the game isnt looking good at all. The graphics are gamecube standard at best, theres only one racer per car (why they would resort back to this from double dash which was so successful i have no idea), bikes seem like a bit of a high point compared to cars however based on reviews their nothing to be amazed by and there's no online stats tracking or anything like that. They have added no new twists to races other than maybe 2 or 3 new items and "tricks" which are going to become a bit repetitive and useless during a race thus seeming useless. I know some of you would disagree with me but you can't deny the fact that this ones looking dull and not the game we've been waiting for.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    5655-8845-0492-6887
    i for one agree with u. however, i think that the graphics r betr than every1 is making them sound. but 1 thing u also cant deny is the gameplay is going 2 be awesum... i think that they should have an option for 2 or 1 people per car... but w/e...
    GH3 Code: 2492-2664-0338
    Strikers Code: 1461-5789-1857
    Medal Of Honor: Heroes 2 Persona: KeenyDaJew7
    SSBB Code: 3566-1228-1316
    PM me if u add me

Member #
    Friends
    7300-6469-2862-5349
    pfft, i reckon double dash was the worst mario kart so far. im glad it's back to one character per kart.
    graphics dont look shit. wait til u see the game and play it urself before u condemn it.
    What i've got so far: Wii, Wii Sports, Wii Play, LoZ: TP, Marvel: UA, Rampage: Total Destruction, WSOP: ToC, Excite Truck, TMNT Wiimote x2, Nunchuck x2, Classic Controller, Fan/Neon Lights, Wiimote Charger, Skins - Blue, Black, Pink, Green, Component Cables, Trial Opera Browser & Classic Games: DK Country, SimCity, Super Mario Bros., Kid Icarus, Super Mario World, Street Figher II, Castlevania IV, Zelda: LttP

Member #
    Friends
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    i disagree with the stuff you said in the latter part of your rant

for one, i am glad there's only one person per vehicle, yes it was a good change for double dash, but it's been done before, i personally like change, and am glad they brought it back down to solo driving.......that and they no longer have to come up with pairs (wasn't toadette made for this game)

bikes are better for certain stages, and again, it's a nice change to the series.....multi vehicles is a reason why diddy kong racing did so well.....however we have to keep in mind that this game belongs on the ground....so planes would be a bit over-doing things

there are online stats, although i don't know what you mean by tracking, the online aspect of this game looks great, care to elaborate what you mean?

tricks are necessary for getting power boost when you land, so i don't see them getting old, just like trying to hit the arrow things wouldn't get old

the mario that's roomed with mush
    my wii is not connected to the internet, so i can't play brawl online for a bit....please do not spam inbox with friend code requests

Just That Great Extra Life Mushroom's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    3210-5733-2914-1432
    ^ Agreed.

The fact that you try to appear to play devil's advocate when you then go and say things like:
    "but the fact is, like it or hate it, we have to face it, the game isnt looking good at all." -That is your opinion and should in no way be confused with fact. not trying to be mean but you have to say at least the graphics are better than the 64/SNES renditions of the series.

"I know some of you would disagree with me but you can't deny the fact that this ones looking dull and not the game we've been waiting for." -There again, some of us may be happy with this direction that they went into, and once again these are your personal opinions being spouted here as facts.

Here's a radical new idea: Don't buy the game; since it doesn't appeal to you, and continue to play Double Dash on your wii or download one of the earlier entries in the series via VC, but above all don't try and mislead people into following your opinions by stating them as false facts.

Thanks.
    NiGHTS Friend code: 1633-3288-9171
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl Friend code: 1633-3900-0312

Member #
    Friends
    well mushroom i don't rememer saying i was going to buy the game in my comment, was just alerting ppl to the quality of what we've seen so far......and as for the "facts" thing, i know you werent being mean or anything but it doesnt take an expert to see that the graphics look poor (we shouldnt be having to make comments like "at least its not as bad as 64 graphics". Comments like that make the graphics of a game sound worse. Anyway, i understand many ppl will be buying this and will prob enjoy it, but it really doesnt look all that good for the hype being built up about it.....

Member #
    Friends
    The game won't be the best game in the world but it'll be the best mario kart ever, and that's good enough for me.

Member #
    Friends
    9999-9999-9999-9999
    the game will be great... i'm sure if you took still pics of the GameCube's verision in-action it would lose some luster.

you will be SO suprised and please... i know.

i hope i don't miss the 2 player per kart feature that MKDD offered... but i know if you've been a kart fan before... you still will be a big fan

click logo to join the...
    rainbows & unicorns clan!

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Double dash was not successfull. well in sales it may hae been but it diided the mario kart fanbase in half, one half loved the dual racers i.e you.
    the other half hated it (me).

i for one am super glad at solo racers again. dual racers felt gimmicky to me.

also there is onlye stats and stuff, time trials, ghosts leaderboards, and using weather channel you can locate players. and competitions.

so get some facts before you rant next time, and in you OP you were kind of sting that it was bad as if it were a fact that it was bad, well no thats opinion, almost me telling you, your wrong man, its excellent because its normal again so face it its excellent

PSN daviduk2000

Gamertag daviduk2000

Member #
    Friends
    5046-5348-1192-4665
    Hello, Ive had wii since xmas, and i just found out about online, but i woud like to know, how u can chat online on wii, and is wii sports online??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads