LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    WiiChat Member RobinsNest's Avatar
    Member #
    52877
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

    Wireless Sensor Bar and Wireless Networks?

    I joined the Wii-nation this weekend and am interested in the Wireless Sensor bar, due to the configuration of my HT.

    My questions is that the specs I see for the WSB are that it runs on 2.4Ghz. Does this interfere with my wireless network (802.11b/g)? Does the microwave mess it up?

  2. #2
    WiiChat Member Neepo's Avatar
    Member #
    7571
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    47
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Wireless sensor bar? As in the third-party ones you can buy? They don't run on any frequency, they're basically just some infrared LEDs and a battery.

  3. #3
    . ☆ ☆ ☆ . gidget's Avatar
    Member #
    40723
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    -= ohio, usa =-
    Posts
    2,589
    Friends
    54
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    9999-9999-9999-9999
    they are just lights... the bar that came with the wii is brighter (10bulbs) and doesn't need batteries every so often. (Nyko wireless sensor bar has 4bulbs)

    the sensor bar projects light for the remote to "sense".... you can do the same with a coupe candles.

    ..

    click logo to join the...
    rainbows & unicorns clan!


  4. #4
    WiiChat Member RobinsNest's Avatar
    Member #
    52877
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Huh? Is this info wrong:

    "Infrared technology detects pointer and motion movements up to 25' away. 2.4 GHz wireless technology with a range of 30'. Perfect for home theater set ups withwall mounted TVs or complicated cabling."

    (from http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16878112002)

  5. #5
    . ☆ ☆ ☆ . gidget's Avatar
    Member #
    40723
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    -= ohio, usa =-
    Posts
    2,589
    Friends
    54
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    9999-9999-9999-9999
    yeah... weird statements...

    it is just lights

    ..

    click logo to join the...
    rainbows & unicorns clan!


  6. #6
    Got lifeboat? sremick's Avatar
    Member #
    27061
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Vermont, USA
    Posts
    1,130
    Friends
    25
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Wow, talk about me losing faith in Nyko if they can't be honest with their specifications.

    That wireless sensor bar is about as 2.4GHz as my "wireless" coffee mug.

    Take if from the others who have said it already. I'll back them up: the wireless sensor bars out on the market are just IR LEDs with batteries. Like a flashlight. The IR camera on the nose of the Wii remote picks this up and determines orientation from their position.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

  7. #7
    WiiChat Member RobinsNest's Avatar
    Member #
    52877
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    So let me get this straight......

    The "sensor bar" sends out IR signals which signals are received by the controllers. The controllers then interpret the signals and send (bluetooth?) signals back to the box. Thus, there is no communication from the sensor bar to the box. Is this correct?

    Then, why is the sensor bar called a SENSOR bar, when it does not sense anything???

  8. #8
    WiiChat Member X@vier's Avatar
    Member #
    46156
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    201
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0754-8677-9558-2705
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinsNest
    Huh? Is this info wrong:

    "Infrared technology detects pointer and motion movements up to 25' away. 2.4 GHz wireless technology with a range of 30'. Perfect for home theater set ups withwall mounted TVs or complicated cabling."

    (from http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16878112002)

    u didn't read it correctly.

    there is a period after 25' away.

    and 2.4 GHz wireless technology is referring to the built in wireless card.

    by the way the wiimote uses bluetooth to connect to the wii.

    ~X
    SSBB CODE: 2878-9230-1724 name:X22


  9. #9
    Senior Member Skippy's Avatar
    Member #
    10574
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,191
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinsNest
    So let me get this straight......

    The "sensor bar" sends out IR signals which signals are received by the controllers. The controllers then interpret the signals and send (bluetooth?) signals back to the box. Thus, there is no communication from the sensor bar to the box. Is this correct?
    Completely correct.


    Then, why is the sensor bar called a SENSOR bar, when it does not sense anything???
    Well.. hmm.. how about this: It's a bar that's part of the overall Wii sensor system? I dunno... What else would be a good name?

  10. #10
    Got lifeboat? sremick's Avatar
    Member #
    27061
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Vermont, USA
    Posts
    1,130
    Friends
    25
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinsNest
    So let me get this straight......

    The "sensor bar" sends out IR signals which signals are received by the controllers. The controllers then interpret the signals and send (bluetooth?) signals back to the box. Thus, there is no communication from the sensor bar to the box. Is this correct?
    Pretty much. It's not so much a "signal" as it is just two bright IR dots which are then picked up by the IR camera "eye" on the remote, which can then determine orientation/position info by their location on the sensor's eye.

    Then, why is the sensor bar called a SENSOR bar, when it does not sense anything???
    Nintendo confusion. Along the same lines that Nintendo calls online "wifi", despite wifi != online. You can be online without wifi, and you can use wifi without being online.

    Nintendo just likes to confuse people with their own made-up terminology.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

nintendo wireless sensor bar target

,

wii sensor ba using coffee mugs

Click on a term to search for related topics.