LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Wireless Sensor Bar and Wireless Networks?

I joined the Wii-nation this weekend and am interested in the Wireless Sensor bar, due to the configuration of my HT.

My questions is that the specs I see for the WSB are that it runs on 2.4Ghz. Does this interfere with my wireless network (802.11b/g)? Does the microwave mess it up?

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Wireless sensor bar? As in the third-party ones you can buy? They don't run on any frequency, they're basically just some infrared LEDs and a battery.

Member #
    Friends
    9999-9999-9999-9999
    they are just lights... the bar that came with the wii is brighter (10bulbs) and doesn't need batteries every so often. (Nyko wireless sensor bar has 4bulbs)

the sensor bar projects light for the remote to "sense".... you can do the same with a coupe candles.

click logo to join the...
    rainbows & unicorns clan!

Member #
    Friends
    Huh? Is this info wrong:

"Infrared technology detects pointer and motion movements up to 25' away. 2.4 GHz wireless technology with a range of 30'. Perfect for home theater set ups withwall mounted TVs or complicated cabling."

(from http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16878112002)

Member #
    Friends
    9999-9999-9999-9999
    yeah... weird statements...

it is just lights

click logo to join the...
    rainbows & unicorns clan!

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Wow, talk about me losing faith in Nyko if they can't be honest with their specifications.

That wireless sensor bar is about as 2.4GHz as my "wireless" coffee mug.

Take if from the others who have said it already. I'll back them up: the wireless sensor bars out on the market are just IR LEDs with batteries. Like a flashlight. The IR camera on the nose of the Wii remote picks this up and determines orientation from their position.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    So let me get this straight......

The "sensor bar" sends out IR signals which signals are received by the controllers. The controllers then interpret the signals and send (bluetooth?) signals back to the box. Thus, there is no communication from the sensor bar to the box. Is this correct?

Then, why is the sensor bar called a SENSOR bar, when it does not sense anything???

Member #
    Friends
    0754-8677-9558-2705
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinsNest
    Huh? Is this info wrong:

"Infrared technology detects pointer and motion movements up to 25' away. 2.4 GHz wireless technology with a range of 30'. Perfect for home theater set ups withwall mounted TVs or complicated cabling."

(from http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16878112002)

u didn't read it correctly.

there is a period after 25' away.

and 2.4 GHz wireless technology is referring to the built in wireless card.

by the way the wiimote uses bluetooth to connect to the wii.

~X
    SSBB CODE: 2878-9230-1724 name:X22

Member #
    Friends

The "sensor bar" sends out IR signals which signals are received by the controllers. The controllers then interpret the signals and send (bluetooth?) signals back to the box. Thus, there is no communication from the sensor bar to the box. Is this correct?
    Completely correct.

Then, why is the sensor bar called a SENSOR bar, when it does not sense anything???
    Well.. hmm.. how about this: It's a bar that's part of the overall Wii sensor system? I dunno... What else would be a good name?

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000

Pretty much. It's not so much a "signal" as it is just two bright IR dots which are then picked up by the IR camera "eye" on the remote, which can then determine orientation/position info by their location on the sensor's eye.

Nintendo confusion. Along the same lines that Nintendo calls online "wifi", despite wifi != online. You can be online without wifi, and you can use wifi without being online.

Nintendo just likes to confuse people with their own made-up terminology.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Ads