Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5556-6677-7123-4567

MLB 2k8 - MAJOR glitch!!!

All you guys who bought it are gonna hate me for this, I have very bad news. If you don't own it, well here's one more reason to pass.

If you complete a season in franchise mode, and get passed the off-season stuff, you'll find that your next season is 15 games or less. Absolute bullcrap! Supposedly not all game discs are affected (I got this info from the IGN boards), but I just simulated an entire season and playoffs and sure enough, bullflop. I bought a guarantee with my disc but I'm not sure if there's any point to returning it, since the store is likely full of the bum discs.

I suggest you sim a season in franchise like I did just to see if you were affected. Please don't hurt the bearer of bad news - my nerves are shot as it is. At least you can play a season and then change teams next season, but dang I was hoping franchise mode was good. Apparently not.
    Last edited by skidmarx; 03-10-2008 at 05:44 PM. Reason: spelling/grammar

the guy below- HES BACK!! Wiitime's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1405-1695-6567-5492
    i heard about this.. i also heard its not for everyone. Some people havent had a problem with. I havent played much so i dont know if mine is like that... of course 2k wont do anything about it and they cant do a patch because they were too lazy to add online.
    Mario Strikers Charged Code 034466 539783

If you add me, let me know and i will add u..
    BRAWL CODE-2921 8742 9329

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    I noticed that, and my Playoffs were only One Game each, no series.
    I thought maybe I changed settings or something by mistake, guess not. I played about 15 normal games, and went 14-1 so I said "time to sim". After I was like, whoah what happened to the season

Good thing I rented this one.
    Even 2K6 for Gcube was better than this.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    i simmed a whole season and the next season was fine for me...

Member #
    Friends
    .....and then i tried out franchise with my perfectly made team and its 15 games!!!!2k better fix the game and re-release it or else the wii people should return the game,no online,no cards,no minors,no franchise

Member #
    Friends
    1111-1111-1111-1111
    Quote Originally Posted by torontowii
    .....and then i tried out franchise with my perfectly made team and its 15 games!!!!2k better fix the game and re-release it or else the wii people should return the game,no online,no cards,no minors,no franchise
    I haven't tried franchise yet, but, on another topic, has anyone messed with the custom difficulty sliders in this Wii game to tweak the gameplay at all? I'm wondering if anyone has come up with slider settings that work well for them!

Member #
    Friends
    5556-6677-7123-4567
    Quote Originally Posted by goheat
    I haven't tried franchise yet, but, on another topic, has anyone messed with the custom difficulty sliders in this Wii game to tweak the gameplay at all? I'm wondering if anyone has come up with slider settings that work well for them!
    Yeah every time I clobber the other team I take my batting contact down, and turn the computer AI up. My last two games I only won by 1 run, so it's set well for me.

As for the glitch, I emailed tech support at 2Ksports and politely asked to exchange the disk. No response I guess they don't care. It's a shame too because it really is a nice game, it just seems like they ran out of time halfway through playtesting and released it with bugs left in it.

There are many other glitches. One time I was not allowed to put in a relief pitcher, poor Marcum had to finish the game with 60% stamina. Also sometimes the announcers seem to be watching another game entirely, or think my catcher and 1st baseman traded places.

Like I said, go simulate the first season, playoff, and offseason in franchise. I'm curious to hear if you have the major glitch or not.

Member #
    Friends
    1111-1111-1111-1111
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmarx
    Yeah every time I clobber the other team I take my batting contact down, and turn the computer AI up. My last two games I only won by 1 run, so it's set well for me.

As for the glitch, I emailed tech support at 2Ksports and politely asked to exchange the disk. No response I guess they don't care. It's a shame too because it really is a nice game, it just seems like they ran out of time halfway through playtesting and released it with bugs left in it.

There are many other glitches. One time I was not allowed to put in a relief pitcher, poor Marcum had to finish the game with 60% stamina. Also sometimes the announcers seem to be watching another game entirely, or think my catcher and 1st baseman traded places.

Like I said, go simulate the first season, playoff, and offseason in franchise. I'm curious to hear if you have the major glitch or not.
    BTW, there is a workaround for the Wii franchise glitch, posted on 2kSports site at http://www.2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163317 and a discussion at
    http://www.2ksports.com/forums/showt...=163564&page=8

Basically it says:

3/13 Update - 2K Sports is aware of the Nintendo Wii franchise mode issue in which errors occur within a saved franchise. If you have experienced these problems, please use the following method to restore your franchise to correctly functioning:

- Create a new franchise completely
    - Open the old franchise you are trying to fix
    - The franchise should operate correctly

Member #
    Friends
    5556-6677-7123-4567
    ^thanks. That is a bitch starting a new franchise then reloading the old one, but if it fixes the problem, then it's only a minor inconvience.

Edit - tested it and it definately works. Just remember to do it before playoffs, as they can be limited to one game. This totally made my day, You are a God(send)!
    Last edited by skidmarx; 03-14-2008 at 02:58 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    lol,i learned the playoff lesson the hard way,luckily i won all the games,the world series is just another REGULAR GAME. When the game goes into that final world series game and then at the end you win the world series they just act as though it was a "tough win"

Ads