Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What If?

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I was responding to AutumnWind's comment about the two of them being rated just as highly.

SMG's cult following wasn't shown so much on the Wiichat boards as other review sites and such. Far more 9.5/10s and 10/10s than one would expect. The "Mario bump" I suppose, but the word from the trenches seems to paint a different picture.

I still want to get it though and see for myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    I do think CoD4 and Bioshock, and *maybe* Halo would have still beaten SSBB. Its not revolutionary in any way like Bioshock was. Its a continuation of the same formula. I do agree that Smash and Mario are very much 'cult' games, whereas Halo is very main-stream. Even if you like it or hate it, you know what Halo is.
    Wii Owner as of 12/16/07!

Spoiler Alert!

MoH H2 tag: The LS
    LoZ PH FC: 0130 0362 6335
    MKDS FC: 4896 9289 5833
    Please PM if you add me.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by The L.S
    I do think CoD4 and Bioshock, and *maybe* Halo would have still beaten SSBB. I do agree that Smash and Mario are very much 'cult' games, whereas Halo is very main-stream. Even if you like it or hate it, you know what Halo is.
    Mario is a cult game now?

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Member #
    Friends
    8799-9801-1544-7718
    I do think CoD4 and Bioshock, and *maybe* Halo would have still beaten SSBB. Its not revolutionary in any way like Bioshock was. Its a continuation of the same formula. I do agree that Smash and Mario are very much 'cult' games, whereas Halo is very main-stream. Even if you like it or hate it, you know what Halo is.
    last line can be said for mario too. halo is a cult game but mario appeals to most

Call of Duty FC : 3480 6196 6904
    Onslaught FC : 3180 1649 9648
    The Conduit - 1891 9137 3932 ( Mr Vihang)

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain
    Mario is a cult game now?
    Anything "Mario" get a lot of extra love just for the sake of "Mario" and Nintendo loyalty. Regardless of gameplay, graphics, etc.

It's like no one wants to publicly criticize a Mario game in front of their fellow Nintendo fans. He is the de-facto mascot of Nintendo.

Take Super Paper Mario. It got crazy reviews. I had high hopes when I bought it. I ended up hating that game with a passion. None of my friends have been able to even get into it.

Hearing other people talk seemed to back up the theory that, the less-public the voice, the more-willing they were to be honest about it. SMG seems to be a lot like that too, although I haven't gotten it yet. I still will, though, just to satisfy my curiosity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    I think Mario can be considered a cult game in the sense that most people will pick up SMG, or Mario Party, etc, and thats it. Whereas pretty much only actual Nintendo fans will have played every core game, all the way back to the original.
    Wii Owner as of 12/16/07!

Spoiler Alert!

MoH H2 tag: The LS
    LoZ PH FC: 0130 0362 6335
    MKDS FC: 4896 9289 5833
    Please PM if you add me.

Member #
    Friends
    8799-9801-1544-7718
    I think Mario can be considered a cult game in the sense that most people will pick up SMG, or Mario Party, etc, and thats it. Whereas pretty much only actual Nintendo fans will have played every core game, all the way back to the original.
    because they are actually worth picking up

Call of Duty FC : 3480 6196 6904
    Onslaught FC : 3180 1649 9648
    The Conduit - 1891 9137 3932 ( Mr Vihang)

Member #
    Friends
    Look, if you're calling Halo mainstream then Mario Galaxy pretty much has to be as well. It's one of the biggest sellers on the Wii.

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Quote Originally Posted by idjut
    i didn't see wiichat turn crazy go nuts for SMG and it did for SSBB... i don't own either... don't want flamed

your thoughts?

Thats because there was no online play craziness for Galaxy like there is Brawl.
    And there wasn't as much hype for the game like Brawl received.

It wouldn't have won GOTY last year maybe, but I do think it has a good shot this year. Better chance than Galaxy did of winning it last year, despite Brawl not being too different from its predecessors its still a very great game. Plus if it came out last year Brawl wouldn't have been as good as the online would have been much worse and there may have been modes missing.

It wouldn't have felt as good is all.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Ads