Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by LevesqueIsKing
    Sounds like a sales ploy.

If it sold so well in Japan than Nintendo would be idiots to not stock shelves. My guess is that you fell into their trap.
    LOL...I didn't fall into any trap, thankyouverymuch. We've planned on getting Wii Fit ever since we heard about it and I was already pondering a pre-order for it. I'm not necessarily taking his word as the Gospel, but if I want Wii Fit, then why not pre-order it? I mean, all kinds of people pre-ordered SSBB and I see TONS of them on the shelves everywhere I go.

And FTR, today at GameStop wasn't the first time I heard someone say that Wii Fit might be hard to come by. Someone online (either here or one one of the Wii blogs I follow...can't remember where it was) speculated that Wii Fit might be as hard to come by as the Wii console.
    Last edited by BlueEyes31; 03-17-2008 at 11:29 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    I head it may be hard to come by also. I put down my 5 bucks towards it and was told 89.99 and mine says final price 84.99 so there is a price on it already.. I bought Dance Revolutionthe other night haven't opened it yet.

Rose

An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I understood that, BlueEyes. However, the salesman is the one that persuaded you to pre-order it. None of us know whether you would have or not had he not spoken to you.

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    1111-1111-1111-1111
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueEyes31
    I pre-ordered it at GameStop today...it's $89.99. They said that that will most likely be the final price, but it will not go up...if it changes, it will go down. Big IF, though.

They also said that they were told - by GameStop corporate or Nintendo...???...I don't know which one - that they won't be getting a lot of extra Wii Fits initially, since it's a bigger box with the body board. He said if there is an interest in it, pre-order it because that will guarantee you getting one. And since I'm really wanting Wii Fit, I went ahead and plunked down my $10 deposit.
    Sounds like a sales ploy.

If it sold so well in Japan than Nintendo would be idiots to not stock shelves. My guess is that you fell into their trap.
    Interesting, but I went to Toys 'R' Us on 3/9 and put down $5 on a Wii Fit preorder. I paid and then asked the guy did he think they were going to be hard to come by. He told me that because of the box size and the issue of stocking, they wouldn't be getting that many. I heard somewhere that Nintendo is supposedly having 1 million units available at launch, which may or may not meet demand, but for $5, I was willing to guarantee my copy...

An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Lol. Chill out, guys. I'm just calling them as I see them. No need to disprove an opinion.

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    Lol. Chill out, guys. I'm just calling them as I see them. No need to disprove an opinion.
    I'm not unchilled... :-)

I went back an re-read my first post and I can see how my wording made it look like the salesman "sold" me on the pre-order. Mea culpa on that one.

However, I had almost paid for a pre-order when I was in GameStop last week but wanted to think on it before I did...and in the meantime I'd accumulated some birthday money that will cover the cost of Wii Fit...so being in GameStop this week and having some additional cash in the pocket lead me to the pre-order. What the salesman said about it, coupled with the "Wii Fit might be hard to come by" item I'd read validated it, at least in my mind.

Sorry for the initial bumbling of words. I blame it on Monday. :-)

Cheers

Member #
    Friends
    I was thinking itll be around 80...i guess 90 isnt too much over the top...i may go to gamestop and preorder it, just so i remember to get it...whats the release date scheduled to be?
    True Eminence Car Club

Sam Houston State University

Member #
    Friends
    1111-1111-1111-1111
    Quote Originally Posted by K LoLo
    I was thinking itll be around 80...i guess 90 isnt too much over the top...i may go to gamestop and preorder it, just so i remember to get it...whats the release date scheduled to be?
    Release date May 19th, in stock in stores May 20th, I believe...

Ads