LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4532-8683-6668-7765
    It takes a bit to learn the controls. I currently have a good handle on it and am doing well in multiplayer. There's nothing flawed about these controls. You just have to learn them

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroidZ
    you just REALLY REALLY suck at red steel. i haven't heard any of these problems
    Um where have you been? This is definately not the first time this has been said.

I'm still getting Red Steel. If the controls are truly as bad as you say... I don't know what I'll do. But I'm getting it.

Member #
    Friends
    Played red steel 2 hours
    * first 10 min i was a bit disapointed
    > 10 Having a blast
    its a real big learning curve but its worth it the only thing i don't like is when turning i cant get the hang of that besides that its pretty cool!
    - More i play redsteel the more i like it the more i learn from it the more i want to play it.
    So far i am happy with my purchase! and the game was rated really harsh. I think they rushed a rating. Play it before you bash it.

Wii Sports is priceless I LOVE IT Everyone loves it, its actually really well done

Member #
    Friends

Hmm....

Quote Originally Posted by tuned
    A little patience, and practice... and you'll get the controls down pat. I'm nearly three hours into the game, and still learning new moves and making my current moves better. Think of it this way, checkpoints in the game make it a sinch to go in like a mad man to your death, and restart and go in properly and snipe people before they snipe you. It your choice, but with patience I can almost guarantee you'll appreciate RedSteel... no regrets here.

Well, I've never been blasted so hard by people for stating what I see as the obvious, but since YOU were respectful, I'll answer to you.
    I will continue to play Redsteel. Hopefully the controls get a LOT more responsive and natural seeming. I have been a hardcore gamer for almost 20 years now, have played many MANY games, most of them on a Nintendo system, and think that I have a pretty good basis for knowing when a control-scheme simply Blows.
    If you're right, and it gets more "appreciatable", then I'll come back here and apologize for jumping the gun on this game. I really really hope that's what happens, but at this point, I'm not holding my breath.

To all you other cheesy N-fanboys who just want to tell me I suck: you're wrong. I'm one of the best gamers I know, and that's saying a lot. If you can't see that this game could have been better, then you simply have your heads stuck in the Nintendo-sand.

p.s. Zelda frickin ROCKS.

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Me and my roomate are owning hard with the aiming in Red Steel. I don't even want to go back to aiming with analog. It took me maybe like 20 minutes to get use to it. Very similar to playing fps on pc.

Loving red steel so far, 50% completed at the moment.

Maybe you just have shitty coordination? Or you sit way too close to the tv.

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

Unofficial WiiChat Helper Link_of_Hyrule's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7114-5214-3386-2022
    You just have to set sensitivity to LOW and then play it for a few hours then you can play it

Please PM me before adding me!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by ScuzzBuster
    I'll preface by saying I love the Wii. Worth every penny. The Mii system is off the chart goofy goodness, the whole menu and channel system is brilliant, the potential is amazing for...but I have to agree somewhat with the post above. The controlling is unbelievable difficult even after over an hour of play. It's like trying to put together a ship in a bottle with a pair of boxing gloves on. I'm going to tough it out though, I'm hoping at some point it will "click" for me and suddenly start to become easier. Through the first sword play section too and that's a bit of a dissapointment. The sword play feels very guided, less free form and more "here's three or four things you can do with the sword...stray from those things and it just seems kind of like you can't accomplish anything.
    Disappointing yes...however, $50 for Red Steel and $50 for Zelda...Zelda would have been worth the whole $100. It's not just the best zelda game...so far it's putting the rest of the zelda games to shame.
    Yeah, the controls are a BIT difficult to grasp, but once I played for about 1-2hrs, I got used to it and I no longer feel awkward when going through a level or playing 2 player with my friend. After a while, it just seems natural.

Member #
    Friends
    Newb! NEWB NEWB NEWB! The aiming going off spinning thing is YOUR fault. You get way better, theres something called a Learning Curve. Play for a good 2 hours and youll have it all down perfectly. Controls are fine in my opinion.
    The graphics? This is one of the more graphic intense wii games! There are even slow downs when it is so intense (just look around)

About sword play, it gets MUCH deeper and very hard and Very fun!

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    8176-6491-2940-7966
    add me please i need mor friends
    Twaun
    8176 6491 2940 7966
    Twaun

rep me if u like vitamins teh frog's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0803-2242-9556-7115
    oh golly gee the graphics are really bad! oh golly! who gives a fuak! its thegameplay and the fun of it then the graphix redsteel pwnz!
    i hav teh wee! liek zomgz?!232@#112!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    Looks more like you go your weenie stuck in the vaccuum (suckmaster 2000) on turbo mode, but lol i like the pic. Creative.
    how did you know?

Ads