LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Redsteel: Biggest Letdown So Far

Yes, I waited all night on the sidewalk for my Wii, I was excited as $@!& to play Zelda and Redsteel. The latest screenshots had convinced me at last that this was the (other) launch game for me.
    I played it. I TRIED to enjoy it but......
    THE CONTROLS *SUCK*.
    Really. Let's be honest. The controlling is terrible. I CONSTANTLY had my character pointing at the ceiling and spinning around in circles for no apparent reason. Turning to shoot is difficult at best, the aiming is gruelingly hard and generally unpleasant.
    Did I mention the control sucks? Oh I did? Cause it REALLY REALLY sucks.
    My only thoughts were: Didn't they test this dang thing?!?
    I dont know what the playtesters were thinkning, or maybe it was just rushed to market for launch, but....The endless frustration of the aiming system, and the sporadic aiming at the ceiling while the remote was pointing DOWNWARD, was enough to make me wanna demand my money back.
    Seriously guys, I wanted to like it. I wanted to love it, especially for my 50 bucks.
    But, just wait for Metroid or something, and just stay away when you see it in the store. Also, encourage others not to buy it to show off to their friends or family, as it is a POOR EXAMPLE of what we know the Wii is capable of.

*ALSO* --despite the awesome screens prior to release, it looks like a friggin N64 game for the most part. Lame textures, poor graphical structuring all around.
    I'm so disappointed, but fortunately have Zelda: TP to pass the time instead.

-Transfixed

Member #
    Friends
    8112-1897-2331-9869
    I'll preface by saying I love the Wii. Worth every penny. The Mii system is off the chart goofy goodness, the whole menu and channel system is brilliant, the potential is amazing for...but I have to agree somewhat with the post above. The controlling is unbelievable difficult even after over an hour of play. It's like trying to put together a ship in a bottle with a pair of boxing gloves on. I'm going to tough it out though, I'm hoping at some point it will "click" for me and suddenly start to become easier. Through the first sword play section too and that's a bit of a dissapointment. The sword play feels very guided, less free form and more "here's three or four things you can do with the sword...stray from those things and it just seems kind of like you can't accomplish anything.
    Disappointing yes...however, $50 for Red Steel and $50 for Zelda...Zelda would have been worth the whole $100. It's not just the best zelda game...so far it's putting the rest of the zelda games to shame.

Mean, green and unseen... Miragepie's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8299-1123-0364-4511
    I hope you realize that if you take a little time, like 30 seconds to press the menu button go to Options and REDUCE the movement sensitivity, the default is medium, you can set it to a LOT slower, and faster setting.

If you have well, oh well.. I got used to it...

I love the game and the graphics look great for me, then again I pay more attention to the enemy rather then graphics
    Last edited by Miragepie; 11-21-2006 at 12:07 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    Sorry to hear you have no skill. ITS A REMOTE, OF COURSE THE CONTROLS ARE ARKWARD. If you dont like it, use a regular controller instead of crying about your lack of hand-eye coordination.
    I'm just the same as everyone else.....
    -Wii
    -Red Steel
    -Zelda
    ...but I enjoy it none the less!

Member #
    Friends
    8012-6169-7562-1411
    ^ what he said!
    give it a chance, you will grow to love it like you should lol

ABC
    Member #
    Friends
    1929-2278-1848-3419
    After reading MANY reviews... I made the decision NOT to get Red Steel... even after I was anticipating it for months. I could understand ONE bad review from a bias gaming site or magazine... but it got bad reviews across the charts. All these guys that play and rate video games for a living can't be wrong. I will pick it up used for $25 in a couple weeks and give it a go though.

Only took 4 years to get1 MetroidZ's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1000-0000-0000-0000
    you just REALLY REALLY suck at red steel. i haven't heard any of these problems

wiiiing since 11/19/06 wiiCrazy's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0738-7957-2604-0610
    i love red steel, i sweat, i swear, i swing my katana!!! it's intense...just takes practice. oh yeah...adjust your sensitivity then practice. once you get it, it ROCKS!!!

Member #
    Friends
    0512-2990-1507-7549
    Quote Originally Posted by wiiCrazy
    i love red steel, i sweat, i swear, i swing my katana!!! it's intense...just takes practice. oh yeah...adjust your sensitivity then practice. once you get it, it ROCKS!!!
    I completely agree

Member #
    Friends
    A little patience, and practice... and you'll get the controls down pat. I'm nearly three hours into the game, and still learning new moves and making my current moves better. Think of it this way, checkpoints in the game make it a sinch to go in like a mad man to your death, and restart and go in properly and snipe people before they snipe you. It your choice, but with patience I can almost guarantee you'll appreciate RedSteel... no regrets here.
    WiiSports (obviously) / Redsteel / Excite Truck / TC:SO / Rayman RR / Wii Play / Sonic and the Secret Rings / Mad Catz Skinz

Ads