wii code:2102 9498 1680 7204
    wii name:adam
    pm me to add me

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8480-0209-2306-3955
    galaxy = short single player game (fun, but repetitive)

brawl = multiplayer game with single player mode, hundreds of unlockables, variety in gameplay, online capabilities, and infinite replay value

...this should be a no-brainer.

Currently Playing:
    The Conduit
    Call of Duty: World at War

Member #
    Friends
    Galaxy is amazing, but its the type of game you need/want to just spend hours on. I dont have enough time to really play it, but when i do, im gonna play the crap out of it.

I say brawl.
    MOH:H2 = Killer12345
    Add me .
    www.theplanetx.com

Member #
    Friends
    I find it so funny that everyone is bashing on super mario galaxy all of a sudden.

Generally speaking, if you plan to play with your sister, then go SSBB, if you plan to play single player, go Super Mario Galaxy.

In Super Mario Galaxy you can get 240 stars, (120 w/ Mario, 120 w/ Luigi) althoguh you only need 60 to beat the game.

In Super Smash Bros. Brawl, you can get 35 characters and 40 stages, along with a plethora of trophies and stickers.
    MoHH2 Account name: CocoSnipe

Games: Super Mario Galaxy, LoZ: Twilight Princess, Warioware, Mario Strikers Charged, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, Wii Sports, Madden 08

Getting: Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Rock Band (PS2)

Member #
    Friends
    8480-0209-2306-3955
    to be honest, i never did see what the big fuss was over galaxy.

sure, it was fun, but boy was it EASY...and short.

main reason i bought it in the first place was because of all the hype

Currently Playing:
    The Conduit
    Call of Duty: World at War

Member #
    Friends
    I find both to be extremely fun to play, I dont find Galaxy to be repetitive at all, both will last a while, though brawl will still last longer then SMG of course. Since your sister doesn't want brawl, I would get Galaxy for now since brawl is multiplayer focused.
    Wii Owner as of 12/16/07!

Spoiler Alert!

MoH H2 tag: The LS
    LoZ PH FC: 0130 0362 6335
    MKDS FC: 4896 9289 5833
    Please PM if you add me.

Member #
    Friends
    2652-0001-8231-6800
    I think your sister would enjoy galaxy more than brawl, but I could be wrong.

As far as which is a better game I would say Galaxy has more innovation, more level design, more atmosphere. The new power-ups and levels are really well done and theres a good deal to do. As people have said its not too hard of a game. It's still very enjoyable and fun though.

Brawl is really just a supremely beefed up smash bros melee with not a whole lot that was changed. The good news is that its still a lot of fun. Without the online component I might recommend galaxy over brawl, but brawl is pretty fun with a ton to do and unlock.

You will enjoy either game you buy. I honestly recommend getting both.

Member #
    Friends
    SSBB FTW!
    Semper Fidelis.
    Spoiler Alert!

Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985

^^ Thanks idjut

Prodigal Son on the N kenosando's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8602-1520-7629-5814
    Quote Originally Posted by Fillieto
    Galaxy is amazing, but its the type of game you need/want to just spend hours on. I dont have enough time to really play it, but when i do, im gonna play the crap out of it.

I say brawl.
    I agree - Galaxy requires a good 30 minutes to an hour of allotted time to actually make good progress, because so many other galaxies open up all the time. Brawl, you can do a classic adventure in 15 minutes and unlock new characters, as well as spend 2-3 hrs in the adventrure, or just have a couple two-min brawls here and there ... Galaxy doesn't offer the small time allottment, but both are still fun.
    Why can't you just be a good boy and die?

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by manufan15
    Ok, no one's giving him enough examples which is demonstrated by his remaining questions. Yes, you can unlock stuff. These unlockables range from new characters from the Nintendo universe, new stages from the Nintendo universe to play on, over 250 music tracks or something, trophies and stickers to collect, etc.

There are no online unlockables, and sorry to say, but in my opinion, online is the weakest part of the game. You can only play with strangers for 2 minute matches. No voice chat.

However, there is an 8-10 hour story mode, that does get repetitive, but is still fun to see the Nintendo characters interact from different games, and universes. By the way, I have no idea if you've seen a Smash Bros game, so you could know all of this.

There is also minigames to play such as HomeRun Contest and Multiman Brawl. (You can play these single player or co-op. AND you can play the story mode with co-op)

Search on Google a bit, and you'll see all of the info on this amazing game. Be careful though, because you might look at spoilers that you don't want to look at.
    there ARE online UNLOCKABLES! cd`s trophiesv, stickers, and a few challenges. i obtained like 100trophies just from online! and with that said, in spectator mode u can get TONS of coins. NOTT only that, ur online brawls count in with offline brawls so u can get characters after a number. for example if i do a certain number online with brawl and when i go back and play a regular brawl offline, i would get snake(thats how i got him)
    get ur facts staraight.

Ads