LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    WiiChat Member ejmonkey3's Avatar
    Member #
    2953
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    48
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

    WTF Activison, concerns GH3

    ok i really am tired of activision, i have really had enough of them. so first thing is i have ps3 and got gh3, and said that the guitar would work with rock band, and then it didnt, so i was not suprised by it but it sucked. then harmonix had a patch to fix it, but Activision stopped it, which really screws over ps3 owners. anyways my father bought a wii 2 weeks ago, and he got GH3 for the wii. i thought sweet, then i find out it only has mono, and im like no biggie, ill just get online and get a replacement. so i do that and then in the mail 3 days later i get an envelope and letter stateing to put my one and only Copy of GH3 in there and they will send me a new one later. seriously what the F$%& activision. you couldnt even send me the fixed disc, and then i send you the old disc, i would have been very cool with this but no they decided to do this. i dont understand it, why would they do this, its just another slap in the face to it's customers. maybe i'm spoiled with EA's great customer service, but i still dont understand why they dont send the updated version, then i send it the damaged one. they really need to fix this.

  2. #2
    WiiChat Member Disturbed1's Avatar
    Member #
    38891
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Concord, CA
    Posts
    168
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7914-9240-2291-0710
    Im not taking sides here but if you want to complain about then dont send it in

    and do you know how badly Activision will get screwed over if they send you fixed version, then you mail old one, people will just keep the old one and sell it off ebay

    it only takes a week, and plus you get a free faceplate, not gonna hurt ya to send it in

    it's basically a win win situation
    Last edited by Disturbed1; 03-22-2008 at 01:48 AM.
    Rest In Peace
    Sean Taylor
    #21
    April 1st, 1983 - November 27th, 2007
    Wii Games:Wii Sports, Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock, Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged, Super Smash Bros. Brawl

  3. #3
    WiiChat Member ejmonkey3's Avatar
    Member #
    2953
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    48
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    i know what i wrote was negatove, and yes i will not send it in untill later. however i do still disagree, i mean the old disc is worth nothing, i mean i would never sell it on ebay. i think they should have atleast given you the option to get the disc first, by like asking for a credit card to pre charge you for 50 and then once they get the old disc they take it off. sort of like how EA did RockBand. but i do also understand how sending the disc first could lose alot of money, and well with the lawsuits there facing, they are going to need it badly

  4. #4
    Wiichats Idiot Identifier balrogs.pa's Avatar
    Member #
    29897
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    I forgot how to look at a map.
    Posts
    1,630
    Friends
    2
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0588-9206-9468-1123
    Quote Originally Posted by ejmonkey3
    ok i really am tired of activision, i have really had enough of them. so first thing is i have ps3 and got gh3, and said that the guitar would work with rock band, and then it didnt, so i was not suprised by it but it sucked. then harmonix had a patch to fix it, but Activision stopped it, which really screws over ps3 owners. anyways my father bought a wii 2 weeks ago, and he got GH3 for the wii. i thought sweet, then i find out it only has mono, and im like no biggie, ill just get online and get a replacement. so i do that and then in the mail 3 days later i get an envelope and letter stateing to put my one and only Copy of GH3 in there and they will send me a new one later. seriously what the F$%& activision. you couldnt even send me the fixed disc, and then i send you the old disc, i would have been very cool with this but no they decided to do this. i dont understand it, why would they do this, its just another slap in the face to it's customers. maybe i'm spoiled with EA's great customer service, but i still dont understand why they dont send the updated version, then i send it the damaged one. they really need to fix this.
    do i even have to insult you? first off why would you buy gh3 for two consoles? second, well if they sent you a fixed version what would MOST PEOPLE do? sell the mono version online for 50 dollars. and if im right the xbox 360 version of rockband does support the gh3 guitars.

    Yes people WOULD sell the game on ebay. why? Because it is pretty much sold out anywhere and all you would need is a Nyko guitar and you got the game cheaper. and like you they wouldn't know its Mono.
    Last edited by balrogs.pa; 03-22-2008 at 08:52 AM.
    Mario Kart DS 438194819390
    People i respect on this forum: Atomic,Santa Claws,Frogger,Cyan,Levesque, Balrogs.pain, Shoko, MushroomedMario, sremick
    I make my avatars/signatures!

    Spoiler Alert!

  5. #5
    Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    16487
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,146
    Friends
    3
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    Quote Originally Posted by ejmonkey3
    i know what i wrote was negatove, and yes i will not send it in untill later. however i do still disagree, i mean the old disc is worth nothing, i mean i would never sell it on ebay. i think they should have atleast given you the option to get the disc first, by like asking for a credit card to pre charge you for 50 and then once they get the old disc they take it off. sort of like how EA did RockBand. but i do also understand how sending the disc first could lose alot of money, and well with the lawsuits there facing, they are going to need it badly
    It would be handing out free games, you don't know if the person requesting a new one even has a right to it, Recipts can be forged. The only way you get a new one is to send in a legit old one that works! Not everyone has a credit card and not ever credit card is legit thats a sad way to do things it just asks for trouble.
    If you figure out the system anyone and their brother could just put a GH3 sticker on some CD-R and get a free copy of GH3 over and over and over again at different addresses.
    They check each disk they get in to make sure its real I assure you.

    And they more than make up for it with Free shipping, Free faceplate... And if you really pissed a full refund no questions asked worth more than the game itself. I don't know how many times EA has done a full out flop job on a game and had to replace it but Activision has been around for decades, and although this may be a pain to do its a very fair, smart way to do it and they more than compensate you for the headache.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Skippy's Avatar
    Member #
    10574
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,191
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed1
    and do you know how badly Activision will get screwed over if they send you fixed version, then you mail old one, people will just keep the old one and sell it off ebay
    They could have handled it like most other companies do in order to not inconvenience customers: You given them your credit card number and they send you the new desc first. You then mail your old disc back to them. If you don't send the old one back, after awhile they charge you for it. That way you are never without the game.

  7. #7
    WiiChat Member ejmonkey3's Avatar
    Member #
    2953
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    48
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy
    They could have handled it like most other companies do in order to not inconvenience customers: You given them your credit card number and they send you the new desc first. You then mail your old disc back to them. If you don't send the old one back, after awhile they charge you for it. That way you are never without the game.
    i said that in an ealier post, they should have done it

  8. #8
    WiiChat Member ejmonkey3's Avatar
    Member #
    2953
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    48
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by balrogs.pa
    do i even have to insult you? first off why would you buy gh3 for two consoles? second, well if they sent you a fixed version what would MOST PEOPLE do? sell the mono version online for 50 dollars. and if im right the xbox 360 version of rockband does support the gh3 guitars.

    Yes people WOULD sell the game on ebay. why? Because it is pretty much sold out anywhere and all you would need is a Nyko guitar and you got the game cheaper. and like you they wouldn't know its Mono.

    yeah the 360 does support it, but whatever, im not even going there. if you had read my post you would see that i didnt buy it, my father did for his wii downstairs. are you seriously about GH3 for the Wii beign sold out? that can't be because there a dime a dozen here in mn. every gamestop, bb, target, they have stacks of them.

  9. #9
    M'bating to Z Suit Samus Atomheart's Avatar
    Member #
    31141
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    617
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy
    They could have handled it like most other companies do in order to not inconvenience customers: You given them your credit card number and they send you the new desc first. You then mail your old disc back to them. If you don't send the old one back, after awhile they charge you for it. That way you are never without the game.
    That's exactly what Nintendo does when you send in your busted Wii, if you do the advanced replacement option.


    As far as Activision...screw them. Release an inferior, buggy version of GH3, have the nerve to charge $70 for a friggin guitar replacement SHELL (no Wiimote included, of course), offer no DLC, etc. etc. I'm sending my GH3 back in for a full refund and then some (the $132). Screw them. And I don't even care about the mono thing, personally, as I have a crappy TV with no stereo separation between the speakers anyway.
    SSBB FC: 2621-2267-8681

  10. #10
    alot is not a word goheat's Avatar
    Member #
    51711
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    299
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1111-1111-1111-1111
    Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed1
    Im not taking sides here but if you want to complain about then dont send it in

    and do you know how badly Activision will get screwed over if they send you fixed version, then you mail old one, people will just keep the old one and sell it off ebay

    it only takes a week, and plus you get a free faceplate, not gonna hurt ya to send it in

    it's basically a win win situation
    Hmm, it takes a little more than a week. Try 2-4 weeks at best...

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

gh3 wii online

Click on a term to search for related topics.