LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsteroids
    EEEEW STREET FIGHTER IS SO OVERRATED!!! WHY THE HELL DO SO MANY PEOPLE LIKE SUCH A CRAPPY GAME. God damned lack of cancels, propper dodges, jump tricks, secrets, good guards etc. Yuck! MK and SF are the crappiest fighters I have ever seen, I HATE THEM SO MUCH. I love my new eBay bought NeoGeo. KoF rules!!! VF rules, Tekken rules, SC rules and Brawl rules. GG is cool too.

By 3D do ya mean DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi, the easiest fighting game in the world?
    I am just saying that if I am going to play a 2d game, I would rather play something challenging, come on, brawl has two yes TWO!?! buttons. WTF is with that?

Virtua Fighter for 360 is probably the best I have played.
    Being really good at video games is not a real accomplishment in life.

Member #
    Friends
    What? You got bored of Brawl's, 'one button to rule them all' style already?! Tehe

Oh, and I believe the correct nerd term is 2.5d.

The term is usually used with computer graphics, especially video games, where a computer system uses 2D computer graphics to visually simulate 3D computer graphics. One such method is where a 2D image has an added "depth" channel or Z-buffer which may act like a height map. The term is also used to describe 3D scenes built completely or partially from a composite of flat 2D images; and also where gameplay is restricted to a 2D plane while the display uses 3D graphics and 3D models.

Del fuego he resurgido {Axtlár}'s Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    5200-6176-6963-9732
    "one button to rule them all" I will have to disagree with that statement 100 percent, even if it's jokeful.

The end is near....Or is it the beginning?
    it's THE BEGINNING of an endless fall into a precipice of epic Brawling fun.
    Add me to Brawl:
    FC: 317957548849
    User name: AXTLR
    if you added me, send me a pm with your code too, please.

Member #
    Friends
    8244-2285-2713-6668
    Not challenging because of two button? are you kidding me? I'm not going to argue of the possible moves that SSB offers, but have you even did anything in intense mode? It should be obvious that it's a side scrolling game before you get it, did you read reviews or anything? I can understand if you don't like side scrolling games because you can't interact with the environment as well but to say it's not challenging? pffft

On that note I would like to mention that in the so call 3d games you mostly just go forward or backward facing your opponent most of the time anyways, sure you can go around them (using the z axis).. but they turn around and it's the same game again (x&y) and remains so the majority of play time. The only thing is the camera angle of the environment change, which doesn't effect gameplay dramatically.

As for 3d fighting games you want I don't know of any good one out for Wii now : / I stick to my SCII Maybe they'll bring some Tekken on Wii?
    Last edited by Douten; 03-24-2008 at 08:32 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsteroids
    EEEEW STREET FIGHTER IS SO OVERRATED!!! WHY THE HELL DO SO MANY PEOPLE LIKE SUCH A CRAPPY GAME. God damned lack of cancels, propper dodges, jump tricks, secrets, good guards etc. Yuck! MK and SF are the crappiest fighters I have ever seen, I HATE THEM SO MUCH. I love my new eBay bought NeoGeo. KoF rules!!! VF rules, Tekken rules, SC rules and Brawl rules. GG is cool too.

By 3D do ya mean DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi, the easiest fighting game in the world?
    Do you really think the NeoGeo, Sega, Namco, or Williams-Midway 1-on-1 fighters would even exist without Street Fighter 2? Before that, the best fighting game we had was Karate Champ (and yes, I'm counting the first Street Fighter in that assessment). You should be happy that people did like that game. Personally I love Street Fighter because it doesn't have all that crap you mention above. I rarely even use special moves. I just rely on timing and quick hit and block moves. It's amazing how effective you can be if you spend a little less time trying to pull of that wicked cool attack or counter and spend a little more time just trying to drain your opponent's life meter. And that goes for any of the above listed fighting games (except maybe the DBZ one since I never played it).

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Douten
    On that note I would like to mention that in the so call 3d games you mostly just go forward or backward facing your opponent most of the time anyways, sure you can go around them (using the z axis).. but they turn around and it's the same game again (x&y) and remains so the majority of play time. The only thing is the camera angle of the environment change, which doesn't effect gameplay dramatically.
    That is why I mentioned Virtua Fighter (2?) You can really flank your opponent and knock them around.

Oh, but I will PARTLY rescind the fact that SSBB is uber lame, my wife who was never into video games likes it because it has two buttons and is cute, so MAYBE there are some good parts to it because if SSBB brings my wife into gaming I will hail it as revolutionary.

BTW: Yes, I played on intense. It is hard but not challenging if that makes any sense.
    Being really good at video games is not a real accomplishment in life.

Member #
    Friends
    6069-9016-3559-6279
    Quote Originally Posted by lattes
    I am just saying that if I am going to play a 2d game, I would rather play something challenging, come on, brawl has two yes TWO!?! buttons. WTF is with that?

Virtua Fighter for 360 is probably the best I have played.
    lol, you should have played me online. Some of the advanced tricks are sweet! It requires speed, timing, and gives the user a rather large superiority complex rather than memorizing crap to make your ugly ass bulky fighter do his ugly ass move.
    Last edited by Monsteroids; 03-24-2008 at 02:44 PM.

Brawl Punching Bag

Chibi Asuka!!
    ------

Spoiler Alert!

Ads